• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trigger643

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2014
    Kingwood
    Incredible post for pics and content. Well done sir. You need to make it to a Houston Range Day next time we do one. Lots of rimfire fans in our group with some crazy rimfire toys.

I'd like to do that. Rimfires aren't my primary interest, but I seem to drag them home with frequency and nary a trip to the range happens without at least one in my bag.
    Guns International

TexasAggie88

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2015
    Cypress
    S&W 41 at the range, Ruger Mk II with a 6" or 6 7/8" bbl in the field. Both guns are reliable and plenty accurate for me. After shooting the Ruger Mk II for many years, disassembling it is no big deal (I still fumble with the Mk III's as I forget to put the magazine in to drop the hammer sometimes). I just have a hard time getting sweat, dirt and sand all over that classy looking 41 when I am in the field. Maybe I should get a used 41 with a less than perfect finish. hmmmmm.....

OIF2

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Hill Country
    Since this is about pistols...I like the M41. One was issued to me in the AMU (Army Marksmanship Unit). I've shot hundreds of matches with a succession of them. And they only get better with time. Here's mine from 1980. It wears an AMU-installed BoMar rear sight. M41s can be somewhat finicky about ammo.

15_zpsfca3efdc.jpg

Wearing an additional custom barrel built by SMSgt Dan Norwood, NCOIC of the NGMTU (National Guard Marksmanship Training Unit).
    DSC_2750_zps0f311ce1.jpg

Daughter shooting a 5.5" barrel with Herrett's custom stocks. She's turning into a pretty good bullseye shooter
    1_zps133eeba3.jpg

New Performance Center 41. Awesome pistola
    4_zpsb3e1d60e.jpg

The new Houston-made High Standard .22s seem to OK, but I haven't had a chance to really ring one out at 50 yards or shoot one in a match. Beautifully fitted and finished, though
    5_zps04e744d8.jpg

Last edited:

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I only have one .22 pistol. A Ruger Mark I Target model. Love that pistol. If I was to buy a second .22 pistol, it would probably be an M&P 22. I like the thought of a Ruger Single Six, or 10 also.

ShellbackBill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2015
    Beretta Neos. Looks futuristic, eats any ammo, and is cheap and fun to shoot.

+1 for the Beretta Neos. Love mine. I looked in the gun case and said "Oh! What's that?" I already knew I was going to buy it.

Also have a Buckmark. Great gun.

Never had a problem with either.

Both shoot anything I feed them.

Last edited:

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I like my Colt Targetsman and my 22/45 Lite.

The Colt just because it's a classic, has been in the family for a while, and is well worn in.

The 22/45 is going to be my heavy shooter though. Light enough that the overall package shouldn't be too heavy with a suppressor.

bowzette

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Pflugerville, Tx
    Advantage Arms conversion upper for Glock 19. Only problem is it will only shoot 40 gr Mini Mags, Golden Bullets or Federal Auto Match. All of which haven't got back into the market except some online purchases. With the cost of shipping and increased cost of .22lr there isn't a big savings over shooting .22 cents a round 9mm. It is fun to shoot, reasonably accurate and can do multi tap with the short trigger reset.

Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    Advantage Arms conversion upper for Glock 19. Only problem is it will only shoot 40 gr Mini Mags, Golden Bullets or Federal Auto Match. All of which haven't got back into the market except some online purchases. With the cost of shipping and increased cost of .22lr there isn't a big savings over shooting .22 cents a round 9mm. It is fun to shoot, reasonably accurate and can do multi tap with the short trigger reset.

I've been seeing mini-mags at local gun shops. Have not seen golden bullets or Federal auto match anywhere outside of gun shows.

Then again, I wouldn't shoot Golden Bullets if they were given to me for free.

FFournier

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2015
    Houston
    My CZ Kadet. Very accurate, extremely reliable, eats anything I feed it except quiets and ergonomicly perfect for me.

5767eef93a2f9748dc28a5f7f30ab913.gif

Last edited:

Andy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    Don't know about *favorite*, but I really liked the little Beretta 71 I owned in South Africa - it had the regular thumb-safety, as opposed to the earlier, button-tpe crossbolt safety:

pic112-Model_71_cal_22_LR-second_type.jpg

Top Bottom