• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    That looks fun! I've been considering getting a 22lr in a 1911 platform.

Conversion kits run about two hundred bucks, so with the deal on this entire pistol for the same price, it was tough to resist!

I had shot a buddy's about a year ago, and have been wanting one ever since. It is definitely a lot of fun!

There are concerns about the metal used for the slide not holding up well over prolonged use (it is die cast zinc alloy). Some GSG 1911-22 users have reported some “peening” occurring on the slide stop notch. According to what I've read, the gunsmiths at ATI say this is a cosmetic issue for the most part, but it does nonetheless indicate that the use of zinc alloy does involve some compromises. However, since most people won't be putting tens of thousands of rounds through theirs, most consider it to be a non-issue. I am certainly not worried about it, the TruthAboutGuns review fired two thousand rounds through the one they had, and it only showed some cosmetic wear which is to be expected.

Cheers! M2

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    How do you like your 22/45?
    I like it a lot.

It was kind of an impulse buy a few weeks ago. I had been wanting one for a while, and met a fellow TGT member at a LGS to sell him some .308 brass. Lo and behold they had one in stock at a reasonable price and I took it home.

It has satisfied many roles for me. It's less expensive to shoot than my 1911, but has a similar feel. My girls (I gotta work with what I got) can learn pistol marksmanship with it as the full size 1911 is a bit much for them to handle at their ages.

I would recommend picking one up if you are thinking about it already. You won't be disappointed.

MK

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    Conversion kits run about two hundred bucks, so with the deal on this entire pistol for the same price, it was tough to resist!

I had shot a buddy's about a year ago, and have been wanting one ever since. It is definitely a lot of fun!

There are concerns about the metal used for the slide not holding up well over prolonged use (it is die cast zinc alloy). Some GSG 1911-22 users have reported some “peening” occurring on the slide stop notch. According to what I've read, the gunsmiths at ATI say this is a cosmetic issue for the most part, but it does nonetheless indicate that the use of zinc alloy does involve some compromises. However, since most people won't be putting tens of thousands of rounds through theirs, most consider it to be a non-issue. I am certainly not worried about it, the TruthAboutGuns review fired two thousand rounds through the one they had, and it only showed some cosmetic wear which is to be expected.

Cheers! M2

A lot of GSG's can start to look pretty rough over time. This bothers some owners. Doesn't bother me. I like a gun with a little character. As long as it continues to run good and you take good enough care that it doesn't start rusting, it's all good.

Ironhorseromo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2014
    I like it a lot.

It was kind of an impulse buy a few weeks ago. I had been wanting one for a while, and met a fellow TGT member at a LGS to sell him some .308 brass. Lo and behold they had one in stock at a reasonable price and I took it home.

It has satisfied many roles for me. It's less expensive to shoot than my 1911, but has a similar feel. My girls (I gotta work with what I got) can learn pistol marksmanship with it as the full size 1911 is a bit much for them to handle at their ages.

I would recommend picking one up if you are thinking about it already. You won't be disappointed.

MK
    Well I have a Buck Mark and a SP101 IN .22. I'm teaching my 12yo son how to shoot as well as my wife. I really like the the look and feel of the 22/45. Although I don't own a 1911. .22's are just a blast to shoot. I'd like to get my hands on a 22/45 Lite and put some rounds thru it.

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    I can't pick one...
    MkII Ruger 10" bull barrel burris 2-7x scope, power custom trigger, springs, etc. volquartson volthane target grips
    High Standard Victor
    Dan Wesson .22 pistol pack (4 barrels), cylinder/crane for .22lr and .22mag
    High Standard Sport King First edition with both barrels
    ...looking for something with a threaded barrel for a suppressor.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Y'know the SIG is just a rebadged GSG, right?

Here's a quick vid of me shooting mine last Sunday...

Cheers! M2

I've read that...that's one reason I went for the GSG, but the SIG was/is available locally and you know how it is when you want a new pistol...;)
    But I am patiently waiting...my SIG 229 in 22lr will do just fine until it arrives(although I was going to work a half-decent trade of my TCP toward the SIG model at Gander...OR...buy one off WilCo Firearms Facebook site for a decent price).

RoyO

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2014
    Johnson County
    My two NAA mini revolvers, a Pug with a 1.0" barrel and a basic model with a 1.5" barrel and oversized grips (both in .22wmr). At least one of the two is always on me. (OK, neither one is a pistol, but I remember the days when any handgun was commonly called a pistol).

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    Ive been struggling with which model of 10/22 to build or buy. Then it dawned on me, 22 pistols are more fun to shoot, accurate enough for my purposes and way more compact and handy.

Blasphemy! :)

But seriously, I love my Browning Buckmark with the slab-sided barrel and ergo grip. Been meaning to buy the Tail-Lite barrel (w/compensator) and Classic Walnut grips. Pistol is already accurate but I like the look of the trail lites and I love the feel of wood... wait, that sounded wrong didn't it?

hink

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2011
    Amarillo
    Not the only one, just the first one I'll reach for. The trigger spring flip is done, cleaned up some press cutting flash on the trigger bar, removed the hog fat they pack in from the factory and reoiled with ATF on the light contact surfaces and grease on heavy contact. She runs like a top.
    C98B90D8-7EDD-48F3-97A3-E0A50CE18FD0_zpswvrwgivo.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom