• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • puma guy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2013
    Near San Jacinto
    Has any one used Joe Bob Outfitters? I just bought a magazine for my Sig 1911-22 (GSG 1911-22) and a couple of replacement followers that allow 4 extra rounds.
    Gun Zone Deals

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    Well, I'll give y'all someone to flame......I just picked up my one ....and only (for now) .22 pistol. It is a Walther P22Q, despite all the reviews, most of them bad as far as how picky they are on ammo. I liked it and it felt good in my grasp. Took it out to the range Saturday and put 150 rounds of Rem. golden boolits through it and 50-60 CCI mini mags. Only had one to two FTE/FTF and that was with my sister in-law limp wristing it. I hear that it was designed around the CCI mini mag, that being said it shot every thing well.....so far. Hopefully it continues. All in all I think it is a good plinker and trainer and have enjoyed it thus far.
    th?id=HN.608006690290402140&pid=15.jpg

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Has any one used Joe Bob Outfitters? I just bought a magazine for my Sig 1911-22 (GSG 1911-22) and a couple of replacement followers that allow 4 extra rounds.
    puma, I'm going to check out your contact...I would sure like to modify 3 of my SIG P229 22lr mags with different springs and followers. I have one mag built to hold 15 rounds with the different follower and would really like to mod the others.

Thanks for that info.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Well, I'll give y'all someone to flame......I just picked up my one ....and only (for now) .22 pistol. It is a Walther P22Q, despite all the reviews, most of them bad as far as how picky they are on ammo. I liked it and it felt good in my grasp. Took it out to the range Saturday and put 150 rounds of Rem. golden boolits through it and 50-60 CCI mini mags. Only had one to two FTE/FTF and that was with my sister in-law limp wristing it. I hear that it was designed around the CCI mini mag, that being said it shot every thing well.....so far. Hopefully it continues. All in all I think it is a good plinker and trainer and have enjoyed it thus far.
    th?id=HN.608006690290402140&pid=15.jpg
    I wanted to shoot one identical to this one pictured on my last range trip in college station. We pulled it out of the case, loaded a mag with some federal match bulk and it wouldn't go bang. I pulled back the hammer and tried 3 more times- no bang. Racked the slide and tried again and again- no bang. I missed out on actually shooting this gun. It felt really good in my hands.

OIF2

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Hill Country
    My little brother is looking for one like these. If I find one at a gun show what should I look for and how much should I spend?

Too broad a question for a proper answer...the S&W K22 in some versions is highly collectible. For instance, the 2nd and 3rd ones down can get pricey. Top one, a 4" M18-3, would go for around $6-$700.00 in minty shape, more with a box. In average shape (some bluing loss, but mechanically perfect, somewhere around $500.00. It also depends on what part of the country you're in. The 6" guns (like the 17-3, bottom) are more common and are more easily found. Good ones are around $500.00. It really boils down to how much you want it, how much it's priced (or over-priced) and if both buyer and seller want to deal.
    Bob

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Too broad a question for a proper answer...the S&W K22 in some versions is highly collectible. For instance, the 2nd and 3rd ones down can get pricey. Top one, a 4" M18-3, would go for around $6-$700.00 in minty shape, more with a box. In average shape (some bluing loss, but mechanically perfect, somewhere around $500.00. It also depends on what part of the country you're in. The 6" guns (like the 17-3, bottom) are more common and are more easily found. Good ones are around $500.00. It really boils down to how much you want it, how much it's priced (or over-priced) and if both buyer and seller want to deal.
    Bob
    Thanks.

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    I wanted to shoot one identical to this one pictured on my last range trip in college station. We pulled it out of the case, loaded a mag with some federal match bulk and it wouldn't go bang. I pulled back the hammer and tried 3 more times- no bang. Racked the slide and tried again and again- no bang. I missed out on actually shooting this gun. It felt really good in my hands.
    HAAAAAAA!!!!! That laugh wasn't directed towards you Bigun, it reminded me of something, so I will tell on myself......The 1st time I took it out to shoot it (so far the only time) I loaded it up got all pumped up ready, set.....click. Racked the slide, click. Did this 10 times (that's what the mag holds) and I was might PO'd, thought I bought a real POS. Looked closer at the gun and the SAFETY was engaged:facepalm:!!!!! Wheew, finally got my head out of my ass:green: and the gun shot fine. Sorry you had issues with the one you had, cause it is a really nice pistol (at least mine is, so far). If yer ever down in SA, holler and you can shoot mine......If I aint broke it by then.:roflfunny:

Last edited:

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    HAAAAAAA!!!!! That laugh wasn't directed towards you Bigun, it reminded me of something, so I will tell on myself......The 1st time I took it out to shoot it (so far the only time) I loaded it up got all pumped up ready, set.....click. Racked the slide, click. Did this 10 times (that's what the mag holds) and I was might PO'd, thought I bought a real POS. Looked closer at the gun and the SAFETY was engaged:facepalm:!!!!! In my defense, the safety is "BACKWARDS", UP is "FIRE" & DOWN is "SAFE"! Wheew, finally got my head out of my ass:green: and the gun shot fine. Sorry you had issues with the one you had, cause it is a really nice pistol (at least mine is, so far). If yer ever down in SA, holler and you can shoot mine......If I aint broke it by then.:roflfunny:
    I think I messed with the safety but it could've been the same issue. No dings in the rims or anything.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    High Standard Sentinel from the '50s. Nine shot revolver. My mother had one that I used quite a few times. Well balanced, easy to shoot, nice walnut grips. Got stolen a couple of years ago.

TN88

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2014
    Near San Antonio
    I saw a couple of people mention the Woodsman and I would concur. The pistol, designed by John Browning, dates back to the teens. I have one that was owned by my grandfather. The serial dates it to 1929 (at that time the "Woodsman" name was not stamped on them). Its not particularly pretty, as the finish being almost completely worn off, but it still works excellent and is very accurate. I've heard you're not supposed to shoot HV ammo through them but this thing has probably had thousands of rounds of HV shot through it and the backstrap hasn't failed yet. Now I stick to standard velocity as a precaution.

Ironhorseromo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2014
    So far the only .22 pistol I've shot is my Browning Buck Mark and I love that thang. Never go to the range without it. Just picked up a Ruger SP101 in .22. Haven't had the chance to shoot it yet.

cwmoss

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    May 10, 2014
    Caldwell
    New guy here, but my favorite 22 pistol is a Ruger MK111 Hunter. Took out the mag safety. It's a tack driver.
    Daryl (cwmoss)

cryption

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2014
    Houston
    I have two favorites for different reasons. Let me preface with my fiancee has a ranch out in Edna, TX and we're out there every other weekend or so - blasting away at clays or plinking with a .22. I go through a mountain of .22 - my two favorite pistols having tens of thousands of rounds through them.

i. Ruger MKII. I have the standard Ruger MKII and it's a blast to shoot. It's a nail driver with accuracy, and I have a hogue thumb rest grip on it that makes it able to shoot all day. In College, I could get a brick of .22 for under $20, and my roommate and I would do almost weekly range trips. The MKII has had a long rough life and has stayed a sharp shooter. The only downside to this one is the big hassle of taking apart and putting back together the gun. Thus, why since getting the next gun - it's become my #1 shooter.

RugerMkII.jpg

ii. Ruger SR-22 .... yeah I have a thing about Ruger .22s. The SR-22 is my ranch toy. I keep it on my hip the whole time I'm out there, and has dispatched a dozen snakes in its time. Just last weekend I put 2 325 packs through it, plinking at a concrete wall playing "alamo" lol. I had to pull it apart and clean the extractor and feed ramp every few hundred rounds - but it hasn't failed me yet. Plus, it's super easy to take apart.

ruger_SR22.jpg

So in essance, Ruger .22s rock my socks!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom