• ...and so much more!
  • Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    I drink a strong IPA in summer and a dark/porter in winter, yes both craft beers have higher alcohol and more calories than Bud / Coors and cost twice as much = but I drink 1 instead of 3 and enjoy the richer flavors.
    Military Camp

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I drink a strong IPA in summer and a dark/porter in winter, yes both craft beers have higher alcohol and more calories than Bud / Coors and cost twice as much = but I drink 1 instead of 3 and enjoy the richer flavors.

I don't drink beer like I use to years ago, so I don't do a lot of experimenting with different brands or types of beer. I just stick with what I know I like. Taste is more important than the alcohol now.

TxBigfoot

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Red Oak
    I tried to like Shiner, but I can't. I can't stand any of the craft IPA's either. Ziegenbock is my favorite at the moment, it's about perfect to me. I wish we could buy Yuengling here, I've never had it but I always here how good it is.

TxBigfoot

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Red Oak
    Miller lite gets my vote because “tastes great”

There's a good Czech beer called Pilsner Urquell that tastes like a stronger (in flavor) Miller light. I'll get a 6pack every once in a while in the summer, its good on hot days while grilling. It's the original pilsner, the HEB near me in Ennis sells it, lots of Czech people over there.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I tried to like Shiner, but I can't. I can't stand any of the craft IPA's either. Ziegenbock is my favorite at the moment, it's about perfect to me. I wish we could buy Yuengling here, I've never had it but I always here how good it is.

I do like Ziegenbock. Use to drink it years ago. But I can find Shiner easier now than Ziegenbock.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Warsteiner Dunkel, Beck's Dark, Shiner Black,

but the Alt Bier made at the Faust Motel in downtown New Braunfels is truly phenomenal

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    i got hooked when i worked at a biergarten / wine cellar in Gruene. We always had a keg of Dunkel. Boss was totally cool with pulling yourself a glass every so often, as long as you didn't hand them out. (and managed to keep your wits about you!)

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I enjoy such a variety of beers it's hard to pick a favorite. I've also been spoiled from my travels to various beer loving countries. Here in Texas, I enjoy the shiner family of beers often. Ruby red on a hot day, Weiss and easy on others. A Bock on occasion. I'm also partial to ABW beers like pearl snap and peacemaker. Taylor brewings hoppy duck is nice too.

If I'm in Yankee land I enjoy old style or a leinenkugels.

In Germany I'll take any hoffbrau house beer or anything local. In the late nineties every city had its own local brew, even in vending machines and it was all great.

In Ireland I'd go for Guinness, belhaven, smithwicks or even a magners(cider). After doing 2 brewery tours of Guinness, I appreciate their offerings.

In Spain I like their Estrella dam. In Italy, moretti over a peroni. Also having done the tour in Amsterdam, keg fresh Heineken is a delight. They bottle it in brown bottles there. The green bottle designates export and lends it the skunky flavor a lot of people don't like.

In Mexico I'll drink negra Modelo, Modelo or tecate but like Victoria more and Pacifico even better. As far as Canadian beer, I like the molson family.

Lately I've been putting away praga and carlsberg. Stella artios and pilzen urquel are also great. Anyhow, I guess I could go on and on but I have a cold one that needs some attention. Prost y'all

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    i got hooked when i worked at a biergarten / wine cellar in Gruene. We always had a keg of Dunkel. Boss was totally cool with pulling yourself a glass every so often, as long as you didn't hand them out. (and managed to keep your wits about you!)

Had my first at Auslanders in Fredericksburg. Bought the tall glass too.

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    Since I now live in Texas I should drink a Texas beer, right? I really like the Shiner Premium but it is scarce around here. When I toured the Spoetzl Brewery a couple of years ago, I think I remember that it is seasonal or short runs of it. Either way, I can't find it.

So, I have been drinking Lone Star and enjoying it.

View attachment 214150
    I used to drink Lone Star until I figured out what was making me shit green the next day....and the hangover....LMAO

Top Bottom