• ...and so much more!
  • Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    I do like Ziegenbock. Use to drink it years ago. But I can find Shiner easier now than Ziegenbock.

Ziegenbach is Budwieser in disguise.
    Lone Star is only needed if exlax is unavailable.
    Anything with LITE or LIGHT on the label is a no go.

Shiner Bock or Shiner Black.
    On occasion an original Shiner is in order.

Lone star or Pearl if I need to douse the camp fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Venture Surplus ad

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    We go to dances with mostly Czechs since they seem to be the majority of the people that still enjoy country dance. They drink Shiner like it was water. First time I tried that I wouldn't make it home.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    Ziegenbach is Budwieser in disguise.
    Lone Star is only needed if exlax is unavailable.
    Anything with LITE or LIGHT on the label is a no go.

Shiner Bock or Shiner Black.
    On occasion an original Shiner is in order.

Lone star or Pearl if I need to douse the camp fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beer snobs are as bad as any other snobs, maybe worse.

You like Shiner? Fine...so do I. But putting down another guys preference is rude and obnoxious.

Not a dang thing wrong with Bud, ZBock, or LoneStar.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    Has anyone ever tried or drinks Japanese beer? Just curious.

I drank plenty of local beer when I lived in Japan for 3 years in mid 2000’s. It’s good, but nothing I go out of my way to buy here. Asahi, Sapporo, and Kirin were the most common.

Also drank the local whiskey, which was excellent! 12 year old Suntory and Yamakaki were some favorites.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    My fav is Michelob Ultra... And the why is because it does not taste like cigarette butts as some of the really dark beers taste. My wife likes Black Butte Porter and Obsidian Stout from the Deschutes Brewery. I can drink their Mirror Pond Pale Ale but none o the darky stuff.

When I was stationed in N.C. in 1977-78, the cantina had Stroh's for $0.10/can.... got wasted for a buck or two.

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    Has anyone ever tried or drinks Japanese beer? Just curious.
    I went "around the world" a few times in my youth at a local university watering hole.
    I remember Kirin Ichiban well. It's a good one but the flavor easily forgotten.

If I see one on the menu I try to get it from time to time.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    My fav is Michelob Ultra... And the why is because it does not taste like cigarette butts as some of the really dark beers taste. My wife likes Black Butte Porter and Obsidian Stout from the Deschutes Brewery. I can drink their Mirror Pond Pale Ale but none o the darky stuff.

When I was stationed in N.C. in 1977-78, the cantina had Stroh's for $0.10/can.... got wasted for a buck or two.
    I remember a keg of Ultra that was not picked up. I sat around for a year outside in various temps. A year halfwit bar back taps it and only one person said it tasted funky. Ended up selling the whole keg.

Back home Stroh's could be had @ nickel beer night. I remember some old lady bar fly who use to always be in one bar I drank at. She use to say buy a lady a drink and when you looked at her I would shudder at her old drunken ass. I'd throw down $2.00 & say go nuts. She would give me a big smile revealing few teeth.

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    I remember a keg of Ultra that was not picked up. I sat around for a year outside in various temps. A year halfwit bar back taps it and only one person said it tasted funky. Ended up selling the whole keg.

Back home Stroh's could be had @ nickel beer night. I remember some old lady bar fly who use to always be in one bar I drank at. She use to say buy a lady a drink and when you looked at her I would shudder at her old drunken ass. I'd throw down $2.00 & say go nuts. She would give me a big smile revealing few teeth.
    TMI

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun

Not going for the "gum" job, eh???

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    I generally keep Miller Lite and Bud in the pantry for when friends come over because that’s what they prefer.

I generally keep Shiner or Lone Star in the fridge because I like to support TX companies and the micro brews don’t really thrill me. The only beer I generally turn down is any IPA because it’s just not something I enjoy.

If I’m gonna plan a cigar night, I’ll have Guinness because I really like that with a stogie. If not Guinness, I prefer whiskey with a smoke unless I’m drinking with buds who are drinking beer.

But on a hot afternoon, after spending time working/playing outside, there is really nothing better for me than an ice cold bottle (not can) of original Miller High Life...the champagne of beers!!!!

mnpshooter

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2020
    Centex
    Firemans 4 because my cat loves it.
    ABC923E0-792F-4BF3-BF96-E9568767464F.png

Top Bottom