• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    I've been drinking beer for at least 60 years and the best beer I've ever drank is Duvel. Not cheap but extremely smooth. Expensive but well worth it.

A customer gave me a gift 2 pk of Duvel along with a glass some time back. Guess I should put it in the fridge and try it.

Last Nov l went to a Chili Cookoff at Rahr and Sons Brewery in Ft Worth. Tried their Winter Warmer on tap. That was really good. Aged 6mths plus in Jack Daniels kegs. Kick your rear at 8.5% ABV.
    17 proof.
    Target Sports

Last edited:

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I've been drinking beer for at least 60 years and the best beer I've ever drank is Duvel. Not cheap but extremely smooth. Expensive but well worth it.
    With beers and ales, as with many things, you get what you paid for in most cases. Good beers & ales usually are not cheap; although, I must say that when my brother, a friend and I got a few cases of Blatz beer before going fishing on a party boat (what a party indeed) for a few bucks per case - and when my firends and I landed several cases of Miller High Life for free (my friends and I found cases & cases & cases of it in the bushes when looking for balls next to the handball courts of a local park, they evidently fell off of or were hauled out of a box car by parties unknown) they were excellent. I was pretty young then and my tastes have changed to become a bit more refined when it comes to beer & ale but even back then I preferred Heineken to most regularly available beers at the time. Then again, my godfather worked at the Schaefer brewery in Brooklyn and that beer was pretty darned good when he gave a case or three to me and my friends on several occasions. Now I would not even think of drinking it.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Guinness- Stout. Got me started drinking beer
    Goose Island- Bourbon County Brand Stout
    The Bruery- So Happens It's Tuesday
    Epic- Big Bad Baptist
    Real Ale- Devil's Backbone
    Live Oak- Hefeweizen
    Community- Mosaic
    Karbach- Rodeo Clown
    Squatters- Hop Rising
    Avery- pretty much any of their high abv or
    barrel aged beers
    512- IPA
    Just a partial list off the top of my head.
    I have a few cases of cellared stouts and barley wines.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    BOHEMIA. = Because, unlike MOST beers, it will PASS the German CLEANLINESS TEST with flying colors AND the taste is GREAT & quite like the local beer that used to be sold in the little town in BRD where i was stationed.
    (SORRY, but I prefer my beer WITHOUT rodent hairs, insect parts & just plain dirt.)

yours, satx

Last edited:

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    The CEO of Budweiser orders a Bud Light.
    The CEO of Miller orders a Miller Light.
    The CEO of Coors orders a Coors Light.
    The CEO of Guinness orders a Coke.

The first three ask the CEO of Guinness why he didn't order a Guinness, to which he replied:

"I figured if you 3 weren't ordering beer it would be rude for me to."

308nato

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Between Tomball & Waller
    When I was a teenager the go to beer on Friday night partys was Hamms and at that time cost
    .50 a quart.
    Later as I got older Old Style was my favorite then Coors.
    Anything from Anheuser-Busch also gave me headaches right off the bat.
    Now if I have a taste for a beer it's Miller Draft.

BigTexasOne

Support gun control! Hit what you aim at!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2016
    Springtown
    Over the years I've come to really like Bohemia, it's a classic German style pilsner, first brewed in Mexico in 1905. It's become harder and harder to find, but in my book, it's about as balanced and flavorful as you'll ever get.
    Bohemia-clasica-beer.jpg

Attachments

• Bohemia-clasica-beer.jpg
      Bohemia-clasica-beer.jpg
      36.6 KB · Views: 600

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    When I was a teenager the go to beer on Friday night partys was Hamms and at that time cost
    .50 a quart.
    Later as I got older Old Style was my favorite then Coors.
    Anything from Anheuser-Busch also gave me headaches right off the bat.
    Now if I have a taste for a beer it's Miller Draft.
    Hamms, Old Style, Strohs & Schlitz were all beers of my youth. Have an Old Style neon. I'm with you on Aheuser-Bush & the headache. Bud was my first really sick beer. We were over at a cousins Bar B Que and snagged a hot case out of the garage. Made our way into the corn field and killed them. We were so sick drunk & busted! Aint drank a bud since!

The funny thing my mom's mom drank Schiltz & we as kids got to drink them too over @ grandma's. After my grandfather died grandma stay @ our house until my dad couldn't take it anymore. I was in junior high & I went to staty with grandma(it was the next street over from my parents). While staying there my buddies would come over & we partied with grandma. She never drove so she would call the liquor store & they would deliver. Grandma must have been on some pills as she would get blotto! She had this death chair that rocked reclined & swiveled. It was hard to sit in sober. She took a coupleof good spills out of it getting pretty bruised up & that ended party @ grandma's. Granny taught me about schnapps & whisky with Schlitz.

festering

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    sw houston
    Yuengling. The oldest brewery in America. It's to bad I can't get it here. I drink lots of it when I go to Charlotte to watch the race. I always send a case home to myself. I tell the P.O. its barbecue sauce.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Hamms, Old Style, Strohs & Schlitz were all beers of my youth. Have an Old Style neon. I'm with you on Aheuser-Bush & the headache. Bud was my first really sick beer. We were over at a cousins Bar B Que and snagged a hot case out of the garage. Made our way into the corn field and killed them. We were so sick drunk & busted! Aint drank a bud since!

The funny thing my mom's mom drank Schiltz & we as kids got to drink them too over @ grandma's. After my grandfather died grandma stay @ our house until my dad couldn't take it anymore. I was in junior high & I went to staty with grandma(it was the next street over from my parents). While staying there my buddies would come over & we partied with grandma. She never drove so she would call the liquor store & they would deliver. Grandma must have been on some pills as she would get blotto! She had this death chair that rocked reclined & swiveled. It was hard to sit in sober. She took a coupleof good spills out of it getting pretty bruised up & that ended party @ grandma's. Granny taught me about schnapps & whisky with Schlitz.

baboon,

When I was an undergrad at UT, my aunt told all of the guys in our fraternity that she didn't want us going elsewhere to drink but to come to her house & we could drink all the beer we wanted IN HER BACKYARD.
    (She also took everyone's keys until we were completely sober.)

MANY a keg of beer, bottle of wine & shot of booze was drunk there by us & our GFs. - Sometimes, the crowd numbered in the dozens.
    (MANY A TIME, the PD/county SD came to tell us to "cool down". = We did at least until the cops were "out of sight".)
    It's now a half-century later, my aunt is long gone to her reward (She lived to be 89YO & passed away in her sleep in the Fall of 2010.) & I truly wonder NOW if she ever REGRETTED turning her huge backyard over to a bunch of rowdy college kids to drink, raise H, sing "our mocking version" of The AGGIE WAR HYMN & party hearty.
    NONETHELESS, we all LIVED to finish college, as a result of her hospitality.

NOTE: Many a UT coed "gave it up" there & any number of young lovelies said, "YES, I'll marry you" in my aunt's back yard.
    At least a DOZEN weddings of "our crowd" were held there, too, between 1965-70.

ADDENDA: In 1968 on Alamo Day, my aunt told us that we had to take down the 3x40 foot banner that one of our GF made & posted on her lawn. - She said that it was "NOT NICE".
    (It said, "COME ONE COME ALL. - THERE'S WOMB ENOUGH FOR EVERYONE IN AUSTIN." & featured any number of "quite well-drawn" cartoons of "very well endowed" naked ladies.)

HOOK 'EM HORNS, satx

Last edited:

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I don't have one favorite, but here are my favorites. Because they have a range of flavors/depth that are brewed not added( Reinheitsgebot).

Favorite crazy bock, ale, hefe-Meinehopfenweisse Tap #5 collaboration between Schneider Weisse & Brooklyn Brewery.

Favorite Hefeweizen- Weihenstephaner & Live Oak Hefeweizen

Favorite session IPA- Sierra Neva Hazy Little Thing

Favorite IPA- LonE Oak Yellow Rose

Favorite doppel bock- Salvator

Favorite Saison- Das Wunderkind

Favorite Trippel-De Koningshoeven La TrappeDie Koenigshoeven

Favorite Dunkel-Ayinger

Favorite Amber- Thirsty Goat

Last edited:

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%