Texas SOT

What's your favorite semi-auto centerfire rifle?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Andyd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2018
    I had been issued the HK and Cetme G3s, G36 and MG3 and am happy with an AR carbine. I never liked the G3 and considered even the G36 an improvement, as long as the G36 wasn't shot until it got too hot. The HK G3 only needed to put 3 rounds into a ring of 16cm (6.3") diameter to be considered serviceable.
    When the Bundeswehr transitioned to the G36, more soldiers qualified and scores improved and that scope on the G36 is crappy, too.

HK_G36.jpg

That scope is as laughable the G36 with its barrel anchored in plastic!
    Hensoldt_3xBW.jpg

Attachments

• HK_G36.jpg
      HK_G36.jpg
      80.3 KB · Views: 581
    • Hensoldt_3xBW.jpg
      Hensoldt_3xBW.jpg
      42.2 KB · Views: 575

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    Title asked the question.

Mine is the HK91 / G3 (would extend to all the HK roller lock designs and the predecessor, CETME) - I just like the way they handle, the way they shoot. I'd *almost* donate one of my testicles to have an honest to God G3. I'm done havin' kids anyway :laughing:
    You might lose both if you get in the way of that 200mph brass coming out of the ejection port. LOL!

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    You might lose both if you get in the way of that 200mph brass coming out of the ejection port. LOL!
    Yeah, they say that little rubber cover for the ejection port helps, but I don't notice a difference. It still caves in the side of the shell casing.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia

Yeah, nothing kicks brass like a G3 does! I don't reload, so the dented / dinged up brass never bothered me. The friend who sold that gun to me said he was glad to get rid of it, as it beat him up to shoot. I thought it odd, because he was my size, roughly the same build, only he had gorilla paws, where as I have big palms but stubby skinny girly fingers - otherwise we were similarly built and he had a couple guns that "kicked his ass" that I found incredibly fun / pleasant to shoot - the HK clone was one, the other, oddly enough was a KelTec P40 - that was one of the few .40's I enjoyed, and the only KelTec I ever gave a damn about. The KelTec went away in a trade for a Sig P220 (I traded the Kel Tec and an XD9 for the P220) - my friend I think was just a pussy. :laughing:

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    Yeah, nothing kicks brass like a G3 does! I don't reload, so the dented / dinged up brass never bothered me. The friend who sold that gun to me said he was glad to get rid of it, as it beat him up to shoot. I thought it odd, because he was my size, roughly the same build, only he had gorilla paws, where as I have big palms but stubby skinny girly fingers - otherwise we were similarly built and he had a couple guns that "kicked his ass" that I found incredibly fun / pleasant to shoot - the HK clone was one, the other, oddly enough was a KelTec P40 - that was one of the few .40's I enjoyed, and the only KelTec I ever gave a damn about. The KelTec went away in a trade for a Sig P220 (I traded the Kel Tec and an XD9 for the P220) - my friend I think was just a *****. :laughing:
    I won't tell what my bil paid for his back in the day. Of course, in six months it slipped through his fingers for something else.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Yeah, nothing kicks brass like a G3 does! I don't reload, so the dented / dinged up brass never bothered me. The friend who sold that gun to me said he was glad to get rid of it, as it beat him up to shoot. I thought it odd, because he was my size, roughly the same build, only he had gorilla paws, where as I have big palms but stubby skinny girly fingers - otherwise we were similarly built and he had a couple guns that "kicked his ass" that I found incredibly fun / pleasant to shoot - the HK clone was one, the other, oddly enough was a KelTec P40 - that was one of the few .40's I enjoyed, and the only KelTec I ever gave a damn about. The KelTec went away in a trade for a Sig P220 (I traded the Kel Tec and an XD9 for the P220) - my friend I think was just a *****. :laughing:
    I can’t say my HK 91 beats me up, but it certainly does a number on the brass. I usually leave that brass laying right where it landed, 50 yards away.

OIF2

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Hill Country
    Some variation of an AR. I did my Army gig starting at 17 with one (M16A1), shot competitively with another (a highly tuned M16A2) with the AMU, carried a couple in combat (M4s and M16A2s) and had one in my patrol car (M4 variation) before I retired. Lots of rounds downrange with them. Having a clean and zeroed M4/M16 and lots of ball ammo is a beautiful thing when going in harm's way.
    Bob

Ya6rq6i.jpg

FQ4BtQ5.jpg

Attachments

• Ya6rq6i.jpg
      Ya6rq6i.jpg
      499 KB · Views: 853
    • FQ4BtQ5.jpg
      FQ4BtQ5.jpg
      838.4 KB · Views: 851

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    Some variation of an AR. I did my Army gig starting at 17 with one (M16A1), shot competitively with another (a highly tuned M16A2) with the AMU, carried a couple in combat and had one in my patrol car (M4 variation) before I retired. Lots of rounds downrange with them. Having a clean and zeroed M4/M16 and lots of ball ammo is a beautiful thing when going in harm's way.
    Bob

View attachment 221698

View attachment 221699
    It's even more fun when you are shooting someone else's M-16 and there are privates loading magazines. One of my DI's from MCRD worked the range so he got to show off one of his turds. LOL!!

HardRock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2020
    Title asked the question.

Mine is the HK91 / G3 (would extend to all the HK roller lock designs and the predecessor, CETME) - I just like the way they handle, the way they shoot. I'd *almost* donate one of my testicles to have an honest to God G3. I'm done havin' kids anyway :laughing:
    Mine is my colt sp1, pre ban 1981 223

Attachments

• 20201206_041923.jpg
      20201206_041923.jpg
      1.2 MB · Views: 122
    • 20201206_042008.jpg
      20201206_042008.jpg
      1.3 MB · Views: 159
    • 20201206_042022.jpg
      20201206_042022.jpg
      1.1 MB · Views: 123
    Top Bottom