When or how often do you carry as a CHL holder?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • When, where or how often do you carry?

• Total voters

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    You would be Dirty if you didn't!!! ;) Backup gun?
    Actually just traded my Kahr for an AK underfolder, not sure what I am going to replace it with. I dont usually carry a BUG, if I am going to be outside of my comfort zone I will, but usually jus throw an extra mag on my belt instead. (Dont tell Farnam)

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    Actually just traded my Kahr for an AK underfolder, not sure what I am going to replace it with. I dont usually carry a BUG, if I am going to be outside of my comfort zone I will, but usually jus throw an extra mag on my belt instead. (Dont tell Farnam)

That mag's not backwards, is it? I've pretty much committed myself to carrying a BUG whenever possible. Now I need a backup knife!

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    I carry the G22 as my primary and G23 as backup. Believe it or not, I sometimes carry them in reverse because, depending on how I'm dressed, the G22 rides flatter against my back and the G23 conceals better on my hip. I always carry 2 G22 magazines.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    As soon as they approve my app, i will be carrying every waking hour, especially after the crap i had to put up with today.

PopsXD9sc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Longview
    I only carry when I go out the front door. Back door leads to an enclosed yard and never had a problem there. Easier to carry all the time than to guess right.

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    That mag's not backwards, is it? I've pretty much committed myself to carrying a BUG whenever possible. Now I need a backup knife!

I've never considered a BUK, have thought about finding a BUG, every article I read on them goes towards my wife (trying to show the necessity of the purchase )

kerryp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Bastrop
    Can't carry at work because of policies,,,,not that they would know, but I need my job. I have a soft top Jeep and don't feel comfortable leaving it in the jeep (even locked up) while I'm at work, so I carry from the time I get home until I go to bed and whenever I'm not a work.

akarfal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Johnson county
    All the time and once you get used to carrying all the time, it's just second nature. Just remember that a hand gun is just a backup to a good rifle.

Top Bottom