When or how often do you carry as a CHL holder?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • When, where or how often do you carry?

• Total voters

GJW1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Central Texas
    I carry on the weekends or when I and off work, but I am not allowed to carry at work. As a teacher they frown on carrying guns in the classroom. Not even allowed to have on in my car!
    After giving some students an" F" or throwing one of them out of class I worry about retaliation. Some of my students look and act like the type to go postal in the classroom.
    We should be able to carry while on campus.

4x4kayak2112

Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    East Houston Area
    my dad hardly ever carries his P3AT on him, but he just got a new 9mm slim and he says hes gonna start carrying more.....

his gun is what i would call a "truck gun"

but when i start, im carrying mine even to the potty!!!

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    I carry on the weekends or when I and off work, but I am not allowed to carry at work. As a teacher they frown on carrying guns in the classroom. Not even allowed to have on in my car!
    After giving some students an" F" or throwing one of them out of class I worry about retaliation. Some of my students look and act like the type to go postal in the classroom.
    We should be able to carry while on campus.

Yes we should be able to carry on campus. Is it written in your district policy that you're not allowed to have it in your car?

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    Can't carry at work because of policies,,,,not that they would know, but I need my job. I have a soft top Jeep and don't feel comfortable leaving it in the jeep (even locked up) while I'm at work, so I carry from the time I get home until I go to bed and whenever I'm not a work.

They sell nice center console safes for situations like this.

Cabela's -- Console Vault

http://www.quadratec.com/products/14130_400_07.htm?sgsc=QSHOPGBASE

Just an option for while you're at work. Something to think about.

kerryp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Bastrop
    They sell nice center console safes for situations like this.

Cabela's -- Console Vault

http://www.quadratec.com/products/14130_400_07.htm?sgsc=QSHOPGBASE

Just an option for while you're at work. Something to think about.

Yeah, I have seen those, I am actually holding off until I can afford the complete replacement console from tuffy. Its 100% steel and very secure....
    157-08 - Tuffy Security Full Console for 07-10 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    I voted for all the time, but there are exceptions like swimming, gym and boating (canoe paddling, not tooting around on a powerboat) that I'll consider givens.

tex45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    South Central Texas
    I dont carry when I am in the bathtub or in bed sleeping, but can be assured the gun is within arms reach in those two places. I carry everywhere else.

As stated before.....you never know when or where evil will strike.

Willy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    Ellis County
    I carry just about everywhere, except into customers' job sites. (unless I don't feel safe) I like my job and I don't want my boss to have to choose between me and six figure annual contracts. I work in a lot of secure sites. The issue has never came up and if it never does, then he won't tell me to not carry into his customer's sites as a policy, which will leave me free to carry if I don't feel safe without without violating company policy.

In some ways I'm caving, but I have to feed my family and I like my job. My gun is never further than my truck, unless I am working on Federal property.

JLaw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Woodlands
    I carry anytime I'm not at work (no firearms policy, 30.06 posting at shop). Any other time I will remained armed.

A smart man once said "Carry 24/7 or guess right".

JLaw

RPB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Texas
    I carry 24/7/365, except in the shower, but have a Stainless nearby.
    The ONLY time I don't carry 24/7/365 (other than in the shower) is Leap years ...
    On leap years, make that 24/7/366..

Well, I had to edit: For the first time since licensed, yesterday I disarmed because was going to a place that it was illegal to carry .... a school play at a school, all the while I was thinking, "I hope no crazy person comes in here with a gun and starts shooting these innocent kids like they have done so many times in the past, like in Russia where there were over 300 casualties at one school because no one could stop them, and here I am unarmed and not a policeman in sight ...."

Outbreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Abilene, TX
    I put Most of the time. I can't carry at work, or even leave it in the car at work, so I just drive directly to and directly from work. I did feel perfectly safe at work until the Ft Hood shooting. Doesn't matter, though. I like my job, couldn't quit if I wanted to.

The other time I don't carry is when I'm drinking. I'm single, fairly young, and like to go to bars. Even if it was legal, I probably wouldn't carry while drinking because it's just a bad idea. I leave them in the safe, and I've never even thought about opening the safe while drinking.

81aggie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2009
    San Antonio
    Most of the time, essentially when I'm not at work where there's a "No Handguns Allowed" sign on the door. Not a 30.06 posting but as an employee I'm subject to the policies there. I do carry a pocket gun and leave it locked in my truck at work. I've had a vehicle broken into a couple times at home and once walked out at o-dark-thirty leaving for work while someone was trying to get the DVD player out of my wife's van so I'm much more comfortable going out armed in the morning. Was just lucky that time that the scumbag ran off when I came out, no confrontation. That was one of the factors that led to my decision to get a CHL.

Top Bottom