APOD Firearms

When or how often do you carry as a CHL holder?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • When, where or how often do you carry?

• Total voters

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    i dont carry when i am in the bathtub .

what?

P1270182.jpg
    DK Firearms

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    .... a school play at a school, all the while I was thinking, "I hope no crazy person comes in here with a gun and starts shooting these innocent kids like they have done so many times in the past, like in Russia where there were over 300 casualties at one school because no one could stop them, and here I am unarmed and not a policeman in sight ...."

That was a group of armed militants; doubt you or an armed policeman would make ANY difference. That said, I agree that schools should not be off limits.

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    I noticed three respondents answered "Only when I'm going somewhere I think I'll need a gun ." Where is this place? More specifically, where are those places you won't need a gun?

I wonder if Sabrina Pina (kidnapped, raped and murdered) thought she'd need a gun in the Kohl's parking lot 1:30 in the afternoon on a bright, sunny Saturday? Did the lady who was robbed and shot twice in the Woodlands Mall parking lot at 10:30 in the morning this past Saturday think this was a place she wouldn't need a gun? How about the 11 or more victims of armed robbers in the Woodlands area in the past few months (many occurred on the hike and bike trails) thought this was a safe place, don't need a gun?

Just curious. Not being a smartass, but believe sometimes people do and say these things without having thought it through. There are now safe places.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Case in point: A Verlero gas station near where I live (a couple of blocks away) , a man was shot and killed around 5:30a changing a tire. It was traced back to a past incident earlier at a club. I was headed to that very gas station for gas on my way to work that morning. (I don't go to that gas station often.) I could have very well been involved had the shooting happened a wee bit later. Carry your gun like you carry your drivers license, never know when you need it--but when you do--it's needed.

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    My question always is, "why would you go somwhere you thought you would need a gun?"

Unless you have a job that requires it, I would think a person would avoid those places.

Absolutely! What's the old saying? If I thought there was going to be trouble, I would have brought my rifle? For most people, if you think there's going to be trouble, DON'T GO THERE!

Dirt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Nowheresville, Tx
    Ummm... I'm not licensed as of yet, take my class on the 27th. I imagine I will carry always and everywhere that is legal. Whats the point in having a chl if you arent going to be armed at all times.

Wandering Scot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Houston
    Everyday. I own my own business so I'm armed at the shop and I allow any employee who has a CHL to carry at work as well.
    The only places I don't carry are when I'm going somewhere that doesn't allow it which is rare.

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    yes but you know some guys even here in texas that say (i don't carry at my inlaws out of resepect) or what ever ? if its ccw how would anyone know ?just makes you think what are people(chl holders) thinking?

If a person honestly believes that purposely NOT protecting himself or his family is a sign of respect, I suppose he'll just have to deal with the consequences.

thorkyl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Brazoria County
    Everyday. I own my own business so I'm armed at the shop and I allow any employee who has a CHL to carry at work as well.

I find this interesting, I went the other way, a CHL is a condition of employment at the company I own.
    Saves me a bunch of money on background checks, and the monthly company shooting competition is fun also.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Being a Texian (Texan) from many generations I just feel naked as a jaybird without some shooting iron on or about my body, all the time and everwhere except where prohibited by Texas Statutes...Along with dentures, hearing aids, you know the drill...
    I don't carry on trips to the john in my boom-booms (boxer shorts) in in the bathtub....Don't suffer from paranoia, depression, and handle anger by grumbling....Never shot an Anglo Saxon nor a female of any kind....Damn sure don't want to get in a gunfight but know how and the legal implications, Statutes regarding, etc.....Just for the protection of life, liberty, property, and the pursuit of (legal) happiness....

Top Bottom