Where do you guys go Fishing?

Discussion in 'Texas Hunting & Fishing' started by Glockmeister, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Glockmeister

Glockmeister New Member

Mar 21, 2008
    Houston, TX
    I usually fish of a private dock up at a friends house of Lake Travis. Can't afford a boat, so I have to live with two legs on dry land.

2. Acesn8's

Acesn8's Well-Known

Mar 21, 2008
    Llano county
    My back yard.. that's my shepherd he loves the water

[​IMG]

3. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    That looks mighty convenient! My friend had German Shepherds and they just loved the water too.

4. zembonez

zembonez TGT Addict

Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    I go to Lake Dunlap in New Braunfels or Canyon Lake myself. Nothing compares to stock tank fishing in my book though. I've caught some big bass in medium sized stock tanks. I just don't know anybody anymore that has one!

5. Austin Cowart

Austin Cowart Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Lumberton Texas
    well

I have a little spot out in trinity bay thats great for the reds durring winter and great for trout in the spring. you drive down I-10 and take exit 556 its right past the old and lost rivers towards the town of Cove then after heading down FM565 you take FM 3180 that turns into FM 2354 and then turn onto McCullum Park rd and park at McCullum State Part and walk till you can find a way to get down to trinity bay ,you'll see what i mean about finding a way to get to the bay when you get there, when you get in the water take a left and start walking. its about a 1/2 mile wade to get to the hydroelectric station and let me tell you it is worth it! get fishing from reds and trout to bull shark and snook seems like everything is there even caught a few little puffer fish in my cast net and the SHRIMP! dont bring anything but shrimp for bait but catching your own isnt hard unless you donmt know how to throw a cast net becaseu the rocks are killer! but the water is around 80 degrees year round so the reds pack in durring the winter. but dragging them back on a gill rope makes you wonder if they are worth keeping!

6. ironman45693

ironman45693 Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Austin
    Big Shell last weekend
    [​IMG][​IMG]

7. 300shooter

300shooter Active Member

Mar 6, 2008
    Fargo,ND
    I fish when I can in the big water of the gulf, I need to get the boat out and head out to my spots off P.A. I need to fill the freezer with Red sniper and kings.

I will fish hte bays around Rockport/Fulton as I lived there for a bit and have a few honey holes .

8. Jimlakeside

Jimlakeside New Member

Mar 11, 2008
    Pottsboro, Texas
    Lake Texoma - a great lake for stripper fishing.

9. dbgun

dbgun TGT Addict

Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Lately, I've been going to the Texas City Dike with my 8 year old. Had a nice 17ft. Bonito that I use to fish the Galveston Bay system, but I had to sell it due to a divorce.:(

10. PhilR

PhilR New Member

Apr 5, 2008
    Trophy Club, Texas
    I usually fish Grapevine Lake, Lake Lewisville or Lake Ray Roberts in the DFW area. :cool:

[​IMG]