• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    or as in where do you keep your reloading setup. I have been trying to get into reloading but really dont have any space in home and backyard is pretty small and can't even fit small mobile workshop.

I have been giving thought to renting a small workshop near home to setup my reloading stuff. Trying to get some ideas and yeah figure out the security and other issues.
    Hurley's Gold

ArmyZach

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Joshua
    In the guest bedroom closet.
    Yes, I'm a closet reloader.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I have mine setup in my garage. Lots of room, but its pretty dang hot in there most of the year. I fight through it by doing my priming in front of the TV on the couch. WHile I watch the tube, I do my priming with the Lee Autoprime thingy. At least that part is in the cool.

Another kid leaves, and I will have a room to make into my man-cave. With a sewing machine in the corner. (not that she ever uses it anymore)

FYI, most storage unit places ban explosives in the units. I interpreted that to be gun powder.

alaska1996

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    I reload in my game room, I do have to lock my bench to keep the kids out. Test for lead and nitroglycerin once a year. I do enjoy the climate and can't imagine moving to my garage. Just make sure your not on carpet, if you spill powder or primers... well lets just say its not pretty.

I thought gun powder wasn't classified as an explosive, is this not true?

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I reload at my dining table. Presses are mounted to lumber and C clamped into place. Very portable setup and I am happy with it.

At my last house I used the garage. Weather and rust were big issues but the space was nice.

Leper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    I work in a little spot I walled off in the garage. I run a small mini split AC unit to keep it cool. Before that I had my bench in a closet that had bifold doors on it. I actually prefer that because it all gets hidden when I'm not using it. I have a couple buddies using the c clamp on the kitchen counter. Do an image search for reloading bench and you can see how small some people go. Dillon used to sell a stand like the one above. 18"x18" is all the space yo need for the base.

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    I reload in my garage also. Two main reasons. One, it is the only available space in my house. Two, reloading can be messy at times. My Dillon 550B occasionally spits a spent primer out onto the garage floor. And occasionally I spill powder by accident. I prefer to have both of these issues isolated to the garage area instead of on the carpet in the house. Another big feature of garage reloading for me is, my spousal unit stays in the house when it is hot allowing me to enjoy the peace and quite. Reloading for me is like taking a dump, I prefer to do it in private.

Paul5388

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Rusk County
    When I was young, I used the garage and as noted, it does get hot! Later on, I used an old mobile home living room, kitchen and 1 bedroom. Now I use a 14'X32' portable building with heat and A/C. It does have to share with some tools and a small lathe.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    setter1
    Top Bottom