• ...and so much more!
  • Jarine88

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 24, 2018
    Tomball
    Well, then, we had anoles growing up, and horned toads. We did not have geckos. I don't know if that is due to chemicals or a change in the ecosystem. We did not have fire ants, either.

The geckos are of Asian origin. They came in the cargo ships when we started trade with China. I don’t mind them, but not native.

The fire ants are expanding from Mexico. Every year they expand.

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    Well, then, we had anoles growing up, and horned toads. We did not have geckos. I don't know if that is due to chemicals or a change in the ecosystem. We did not have fire ants, either.

Well, you kinda did have fire ants, ( which I bet you probably haven't seen lately), remember those bare patches with the big ants we called red ants? Native fire ants....which is why they call those new little basturds imported fire ants.

The wall outta stop them.... I need to call my BF, LOL....(can't believe I didn't catch that!)

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Well, you kinda did have fire ants, ( which I bet you probably haven't seen lately), remember those bare patches with the big ants we called red ants? Native fire ants....which is why they call those new little basturds imported fire ants.

The wall outta stop them.... I need to call my BF, LOL....(can't believe I didn't catch that!)

True! We had big red ants, AND big black ants around the center part of Texas. As kids, we would put a couple of black ones into the red ant pile and watch the battle, or vice-versa. Thinking back, that was a rather cruel thing to do. Then again, we used to have bb gun fights. The only rule was to aim below the waist. I went home with many a red whelp on my behind!

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    True! We had big red ants, AND big black ants around the center part of Texas. As kids, we would put a couple of black ones into the red ant pile and watch the battle, or vice-versa. Thinking back, that was a rather cruel thing to do. Then again, we used to have bb gun fights. The only rule was to aim below the waist. I went home with many a red whelp on my behind!

Ask me why I only have one eye......JK.

Top Bottom