Capitol Armory ad

Which gun is least likely to get taken away by the government?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • navysooner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Ft. Worth
    It won't happen. Even if it does they will only ban the sell of new guns. They won't take your gun that you have already purchased. If they do try and take them just hide it and say you sold it privately.

Buuuuuuuuut, if you really think Obama is going to take your gun he would have attempted it by now. All these gun scares and shortages were caused by dumb asses just believing the government was going to take their Gomes and/or ban them.
    Hurley's Gold

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    I'm less worried about having firearms that will appease the gun-grabbers and more concerned with having the firearms that will help me prevent them from grabbing my guns. I'll be making a stand long before all they leave us with is zip guns.

This, they try and come into my house and take my semi-autos then I will say a really fast prayer for them and start squeezing the trigger. I will never bow down to that authority. Hopefully we can take this damned country back through peaceful means well before this happens but that window is fast fading.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    To the original question - the ones they don't know about. If the SHTF situation occurs, the ones I would rely on came through private sales.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    Buuuuuuuuut, if you really think Obama is going to take your gun he would have attempted it by now. All these gun scares and shortages were caused by dumb asses just believing the government was going to take their Gomes and/or ban them.

Does it itch down there with your head in the sand? Or is it stuffed somewhere else?

obama has done everything in his power to end the 2nd Amendment. Running guns to the mexican cartels. Slowing the NFA approval process by a factor of 18. Directing ATF to expand the arbitrary sheriff permission slip to register NFA to include non-person entities (which has been just fine and dandy for over 70 years and yet never resulted in a crime wave using corporation owned NFA devices). Refusal to allow reimportation of surplus Garands for sale through the CMP. Provoking hearings in congress over states' 'Stand your ground' and 'Castle Doctrine' laws. Calling for reinstatement of the AWB after every shooting that makes the news. Trying to classify veterans as mentally ill with PTSD. Funding CDC junk science studies to label gun ownership as a national health problem. Now he's scheming on other ways to expand the list of prohibited persons without having to go through congress.

This administration is without a doubt THE most 2A unfriendly group of cretins in the history of this nation.

Of course he also campaigned on the promise 'If you like your gun, you can keep it. I'm not going to ban it.' How'd that turn out so far for the other similar promise he made?

Last edited:

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    I am more concerned about an exorbitant tax on ammo and components.

If they start with a $0.10 or $0.50 a round tax, it will hurt. What if they raise the tax to $1 or $5 a bullet??? How many of us will be able to practice regularly?? As people quit buying ammo, the demand will fall and so will the ammunition companies ability to stay in business. Shooting ranges will close. Gun stores will be shut down due to lack of business, and the dominoes will continue to fall...............

What if they make private ammo sales or transfers illegal??
    Yeah, many of us will still have a stash but it might be all we will ever get.

The courts have overwhelmingly stood behind the governments right to levy taxes on anything it wants to (think obama-care, yeah it's a tax says the supremes). Once that special tax is in place, it becomes more administrative than political to raise it, and keep raising it.

You can all the guns in the world, but without bullets they are just expensive clubs.

Remember they are not thinking about you today, they are thinking long term big picture. Might take a few generations to run most all the civilians out of the game, but like every long journey it begins with the first step.

Refusal to allow reimportation of surplus Garands for sale through the CMP.
    Oh God, not that BS lie again......................can't you guys learn the real truth about that. SMH

Last edited:

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    Your right about that
    Reagan did more to harm the second amendment than Obama ever will.

obama's still got 3 years to catch up or outrun Reagan.

And not everything in the FOPA was bad. Do you want to have a NICS check done every time you buy a box of ammo (which had to be done in person at the store, no buying it over the internet or mail order and having it shipped). What about not knowing whether you were a prohibited person or not? Going to jail for having a malfunctioning gun even though you had no intent to commit a crime?

Last edited:

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    I foresee a day when only "hunters"will be allowed a privately owned firearm.
    You will be allowed ONE gun.
    That is why you saw Drillings and Vierlings in Europe. One gun in several different cailbers, all single shot.

Not saying it gonna happen but the anti's want it. And only wealthy elites get to own them. Peons need not apply.
    These I think would be the last to go.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    The basic premise is flawed: You prefaced your question with "Which Gun is least likely to be taken away by Government?"

The very question implies that you are willing to part with some guns and not others.

I don't give a flat damned schnitt which guns they want to take.

They cannot have any of them.

Never think that "any" gun is up for trade in manners of Government versus Private ownership!

HillRider

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Helotes, TX
    It won't happen. Even if it does they will only ban the sell of new guns. They won't take your gun that you have already purchased. If they do try and take them just hide it and say you sold it privately.

Where have you been the last year and a half?

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    A guy I know came up with a pretty...unique thought process. He figures that when they ban assault rifles(I know, I know), they are going after all AR15's. So if it says AR15 on your receipt(his words), then they will confiscate it. So he bought a Windham since they classify their gun as a WW15-that way the govt can't take his gun because it's not an AR.

I think he bought a good gun, but damn his reasoning is stupid. lol

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    A guy I know came up with a pretty...unique thought process. He figures that when they ban assault rifles(I know, I know), they are going after all AR15's. So if it says AR15 on your receipt(his words), then they will confiscate it. So he bought a Windham since they classify their gun as a WW15-that way the govt can't take his gun because it's not an AR.

I think he bought a good gun, but damn his reasoning is stupid. lol

Could have got a Remington R-15, or a Smith and Wesson M&P-15, or a Sig 556, etc, etc.

Not of them really use the model "AR-15", nor have any ban attempts been based on the model name.

Yup, he's stupid, lol.

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    They'll NEVER take my trusty blunderbuss

188797_Large.jpg

Wryknow

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2009
    Austin
    A lever action rifle is a fine choice for self defense in a very innocuous looking package. I like the Marlin 1894 myself and use it for hunting also - 13 rounds of .44 mag is quite adequate stopping power IMHO and there's no "scary black gun" stigma associated with something that John Wayne used in a western.

Top Bottom