• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GRAYWOLF

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    "Official document"??? is that like a bill of sale?? How would this "Official document" not be forged, copied, stolen? How would the FFL know that the document presented belongs to the presenter and know that the approval number is valid? How does this new protocol actually work? Since my information would not be maintained by the show host and it gets leaked, sold, or stolen, how is that information tracked back to the offending show host so that they can be prosecuted and me made whole?

Who pays for this new protocol, equipment, training, document security, etc....

Information security is hard, the more people that have my information the less secure it is for me. Currently the only trust I need to place in the show's host is that they let me in after I pay, your proposal makes me have to trust the show's host and all their employees with my information, thus making me less secure.

Big brother can already snoop all the information from the FFL that I pick, you are suggesting a new system where my information is in even more hands.

But you are ok with telling the gun show's host that you are interested, why is that?

Dude, you are trying to over complicate it without really reading what I am posting.

1) I never said I have all the answers. The details can be worked out by the market.
    2) This would be less expense and less hassle than having to run your info through Big Brother every time you buy something.
    3) I'm not sure what you are having trouble following...As I have stated, repeatedly...If you buy from 5 different sellers then 5 different sellers contact the gov't to run your info. If the gov't wants to see what you bought the only have to go to those 5 sellers. With the plan I am talking about you get run once...if the gov't wants to see what you bought they have to contact all of the sellers that were at the show, because they don't know who you actually dealt with.
    4) There is no reason you couldn't do it the other way, if you wanted. This would be run by the show host, not the government so both options could be available.
    Capitol Armory ad

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I see no reason to change anything. Licensed dealers are already set up to do a background check and anyone intending to do a private sale can do so without entering so your plan wouldn't change any of that.

I do know there can be lines just to get inside and if you add 5-10 minutes/person to run a check there would be a line around the block and it would close for the day before the last person got in.

The is no gun show loop hole so nothing involving gun shows needs to change.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Houston
    I really want him to try this... Supreme court would have his lunch.

Notice my language. I stated "suspend" not "revoke". Big difference. Obama would not be revoking FFLs, which would require a court hearing, instead he could simply state that FFLs are not in compliance with the NFA and each one would require inspections and a hearing to determine if they are in compliance. Do you realize how long it would take to examine every gun dealer? And of course the BATFE would take its sweet time on this. Obama could favor those FFLs that agree only to sell to LEO and military. No more commercial gun sales to private citizens during his entire term. He could tie up in court all of those FFLs for years. This is how he could force an AWB and a mag cap. By extortion. The only gun sales would be private gun sales until he is successful in prohibiting those. Do you think Walmart, Academy, or Cabelas is going to wait it out or do you think they would agree to end the sales of high cap mags and AR-15s?

djspump2003

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Austin
    I personally love #'s 16&17. That is the 'in' for our health care providers declaring gun owners 'mentally deficient' and thereby unfit to own a firearm.

So have they defined 'armor-piercing bullets'? What type of armor? Would that be ANY rifle round traveling >2000fps? That's a lot of hunting rifle rounds that can penetrate a 'bullet-proof' vest worn by police officers.

So sneaky! That's almost as good as the 'no middle class tax increases'. My paycheck was just lighter by ~2% this time around. I don't make more than $250k-what happened???

Top Bottom