• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Nope some local Liberal Politician said that "he used an Assault Rifle capable of accepting 100 bullet clips to shoot up the place". And then the Dickwads in DC ran with it.
    Hurley's Gold

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Whiskey,

I've always loved a good scrap but I'm not going to let fools like Shumer set me off. I can't tell you what to do but I suggest that you chill out. When you lose your cool, you lose your mind. Those people lie, cheat and spin the truth until they get it to come out their way. What's new about that? What IS new, is that people are wise to their shxt and won't put up with it any more.

If the worst does come, they know where I live and when they come, I'll be right here waiting for them. Don't let those turds spoil your life, time with your lady or kids. Enjoy your home, live a good life and pet your dog.

Register to vote, get clued in on the issues and be a law abiding citizen. Our side won some big contests tonight. If we keep plugging away at those scoundrels in Washington, we'll take this country back the right way...legal and proper.

Flash

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    Whiskey,

I've always loved a good scrap but I'm not going to let fools like Shumer set me off. I can't tell you what to do but I suggest that you chill out. When you lose your cool, you lose your mind. Those people lie, cheat and spin the truth until they get it to come out their way. What's new about that? What IS new, is that people are wise to their shxt and won't put up with it any more.

If the worst does come, they know where I live and when they come, I'll be right here waiting for them. Don't let those turds spoil your life, time with your lady or kids. Enjoy your home, live a good life and pet your dog.

Register to vote, get clued in on the issues and be a law abiding citizen. Our side won some big contests tonight. If we keep plugging away at those scoundrels in Washington, we'll take this country back the right way...legal and proper.

Flash

Yeah U right. I needa just stop reading the news lol....and stop saying the F word so much but that's nothing new lol...

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    @ Roger (sorry I tried editing the previous message but the page kept locking up)

But me ranting about how stupid some people are doesn't mean I'm letting it spoil my life. (I don't mean everything I say literally, just fyi). My life is pretty dang stressful with or without retarded people to talk s**t about. I mean yeah, don't get me wrong, many people among us are ignorant and stupid and I may be more outspoken than the "average" person about it, but being annoyed with liberals is not something I actually have on my priority list. But I get what you are saying, and will take your suggestion into consideration. One thing I will address though, is you're question:

Those people lie, cheat and spin the truth until they get it to come out their way. What's new about that? What IS new, is that people are wise to their shxt and won't put up with it any more.

That last part may be true to a certain extent, but idk, it really is a close race. I'd say the people buying into and believing their BS is much higher today than it was 20 years ago, just in general, not just about guns, but about alot of things. At least from what I can see anyway. It's not what people like Schumer say that bothers me, it's the fact that people actually take them seriously. And yeah, I'll admit, that just royally chaps my ass. But, like you said, there's not much any of us can do about it, so it's not worth getting all pissed about. Which is why I said I think I'll take a break from reading the news. Or try to anyway, it's practically thrown in our faces everywhere we go.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Believe me, I agree with you on all counts but I handle it differently. I won't let any of that sorry scum in Washington take the pleasure out of my life.

I disagree with you on your last point. I've been active in the shooting sports since the early 1960's and have seen sweeping changes in mood of the US citizens. I remember when Senators and Representatives were always referred to as the "Distinguished Senator from..........." Except for what came out of my own mouth, I have NEVER in my life heard so many people trashing our elected officials, referring to them as thieves, criminals, incompetent jerks and scoundrels. People have finally received the message and are plenty pissed off about what they see people in Washington doing (or NOT doing).

The flip side of that coin is the way firearms owners are treated. members of Congress used to bash us at every opportunity. We were drunken bubbas who dragged our arms as we walked. They absolutely TRASHED us and enjoying target shooting was something what would bring a lot of heat. The way it is now.............the bastards are afraid of us and the difference in our treatment correlates exactly to the size of NRA membership.

I remember when NRA had 250,000 members and we took crap from every crackpot in Washington. We have millions of members now and Shumer is about the only one to bash us openly. His time will come. People see him for what he is and they'll get sick of his line of crap. We're making real progress.

Remember November!

Flash

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    Believe me, I agree with you on all counts but I handle it differently. I won't let any of that sorry scum in Washington take the pleasure out of my life.

I disagree with you on your last point. I've been active in the shooting sports since the early 1960's and have seen sweeping changes in mood of the US citizens. I remember when Senators and Representatives were always referred to as the "Distinguished Senator from..........." Except for what came out of my own mouth, I have NEVER in my life heard so many people trashing our elected officials, referring to them as thieves, criminals, incompetent jerks and scoundrels. People have finally received the message and are plenty pissed off about what they see people in Washington doing (or NOT doing).

The flip side of that coin is the way firearms owners are treated. members of Congress used to bash us at every opportunity. We were drunken bubbas who dragged our arms as we walked. They absolutely TRASHED us and enjoying target shooting was something what would bring a lot of heat. The way it is now.............the bastards are afraid of us and the difference in our treatment correlates exactly to the size of NRA membership.

I remember when NRA had 250,000 members and we took crap from every crackpot in Washington. We have millions of members now and Shumer is about the only one to bash us openly. His time will come. People see him for what he is and they'll get sick of his line of crap. We're making real progress.

Remember November!

Flash

Well, I'll take your word for it, because you've definitely been around longer and seen more than I have. But I'm just saying that it was only in the 21st century that I ever heard of such a thing as "gun control". I mean my family is from rural East Texas and I've been around guns my entire life. My grandfather used to have a rack in the back of his truck with shotguns and hunting rifles, and one or two in his living room. They had property in Hillister where we'd go shoot pellet guns as kids, and shotguns when the adults were there to supervise. So it's always been known to me and most people that yes, guns can kill people and can be dangerous, which is why the should be handled with extreme care and caution.

But the idea that they should be banned just because some people use them for bad things, is something that I've only been hearing about in the last decade or so. Maybe I just didn't notice it before. (I've always said that idea is outrageous, even long before I decided to buy a gun of my own) At least to the extent that we're hearing it now. And yeah, I've got it on my calendar. November 2nd I'll be there bright and early.

jsimmons

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio
    But I'm just saying that it was only in the 21st century that I ever heard of such a thing as "gun control".

As a sophomore in high school (1971) in Maryland, I was given an assignment to write a term paper about gun control. I think I surprised the teacher when I turned in my anti-gun control paper. I got a "D" on it because my teacher didn't agree with the points I made. I remember quoting the 2nd Amendment, and the teach circled it and wrote "WRONG!!!" in big red letters.

That's the mindset what we're still dealing with today.

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    As a sophomore in high school (1971) in Maryland, I was given an assignment to write a term paper about gun control. I think I surprised the teacher when I turned in my anti-gun control paper. I got a "D" on it because my teacher didn't agree with the points I made. I remember quoting the 2nd Amendment, and the teach circled it and wrote "WRONG!!!" in big red letters.

That's the mindset what we're still dealing with today.

Wow....well first of all you're teacher was the one who was WRONG for saying the 2nd Amendment is wrong, and additionally for grading based on emotions rather than the quality or relevance of your paper. But let me ask you this, would you say the overall atmosphere and political climate concerning gun rights and/or gun control has swung more in our favor, or in the favor of the anti gunners?

I'm just saying it seems like I'm hearing more anti gun rhetoric than pro gun rhetoric in general these days. I mean I could be wrong, and maybe am not looking at it in an adequate time frame, and of course the fact that all but 2 states in this nation are at minimum "may issue" states for CHL's says alot...but I've noticed since CHL's became more popular and mainstream, it seems like the antis have gotten even more desperate and willing to stoop to all new lows to get their agenda pushed. And I will give them credit they are very good at tricking and deceiving the general public, who doesn't realize news outlets like CNN and ABC are biased, and I just hear many people my age (32) and younger, taking on the same stances on guns that these biased media outlets want them to take....also just reading some people's comments on some of these news stories says alot....is my interpretation accurate or am I misinterpreting it? Maybe it's just because now we have the internet and people's banter can be broadcast at an exponentially faster rate than ever before.

Just wondering. I mean many obviously people feel the same, one example would be the fact that at least 3 or 4 members of this forum have stated that they are trying to buy up as much ammo and as many magazines as possible since this mass shooting happened..(I don't blame them)...I'm just saying, of course there's nothing we can do about anything that is above our heads, but it is still a shame.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I remember when we had to sign a log to get ammunition and we even signed for a box of 22LR. It HAS been worse....trust me. The record keeping on ammo sales was out of sight and eventually, shotgun shells, 22's then finally, all ammo was exempted. Here's a quote from the NRA/ILA site about that regulation:

"The Gun Control Act of 1968 required federal licensing for all ammunition dealers, and required that a record be kept on all handgun ammunition sales by retailers—including the popular .22 rimfire cartridges. The requirements proved to be such a heavy burden on retailers that in 1982, Congress removed .22 caliber rimfire ammunition from the record-keeping requirement."

How would you like to be dealing with that one? Hell, I was there and had to do that crap! If you bought a "brick" of 22's, you signed for each box.

I don't think the quote is correct. The ammo registration went away pretty quickly. I'd say it was 1972 instead of 1982 but I could be wrong.

When I was in high school, you could buy a rifle or pistol by direct mail from "Ye Olde Hunter" and other places. Unfortunately, Lee Harvey Oswald got his Italian Carcano scoped rifle that way and President Kennedy was shot with it. That rifle cost less than $20 and if I remember right, it was $12.95! I loved looking at those ads and I'd get a pass from study hall to go to the library to daydream over them. After Kennedy died, direct sales by mail stopped right away and in 1968, we got the Gun Control Act that we all know and love.

Things HAVE been worse and in the long run, we are better off than we were in 1968. We have lots of choices in firearms and in 1911 pistols alone, the possibilities have absolutely exploded! Unfortunately, military surplus rifles and ammo have dried up but WW2 ended over 65 years ago and that was bound to happen. Four cents per round ammunition is gone forever.

Holder and his gang tried to hurt us and could have done some real damage but that dissolved and the end of that battle still remains to be seen. That turd is lucky he still has a job.....for now.

Yes, it has been worse. As annoying as some of lawmakers are, they got the wind knocked out of their sails.

Flash

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    I remember when we had to sign a log to get ammunition and we even signed for a box of 22LR. It HAS been worse....trust me. The record keeping on ammo sales was out of sight and eventually, shotgun shells, 22's then finally, all ammo was exempted. Here's a quote from the NRA/ILA site about that regulation:

"The Gun Control Act of 1968 required federal licensing for all ammunition dealers, and required that a record be kept on all handgun ammunition sales by retailers—including the popular .22 rimfire cartridges. The requirements proved to be such a heavy burden on retailers that in 1982, Congress removed .22 caliber rimfire ammunition from the record-keeping requirement."

How would you like to be dealing with that one? Hell, I was there and had to do that crap! If you bought a "brick" of 22's, you signed for each box.

I don't think the quote is correct. The ammo registration went away pretty quickly. I'd say it was 1972 instead of 1982 but I could be wrong.

When I was in high school, you could buy a rifle or pistol by direct mail from "Ye Olde Hunter" and other places. Unfortunately, Lee Harvey Oswald got his Italian Carcano scoped rifle that way and President Kennedy was shot with it. That rifle cost less than $20 and if I remember right, it was $12.95! I loved looking at those ads and I'd get a pass from study hall to go to the library to daydream over them. After Kennedy died, direct sales by mail stopped right away and in 1968, we got the Gun Control Act that we all know and love.

Things HAVE been worse and in the long run, we are better off than we were in 1968. We have lots of choices in firearms and in 1911 pistols alone, the possibilities have absolutely exploded! Unfortunately, military surplus rifles and ammo have dried up but WW2 ended over 65 years ago and that was bound to happen. Four cents per round ammunition is gone forever.

Holder and his gang tried to hurt us and could have done some real damage but that dissolved and the end of that battle still remains to be seen. That turd is lucky he still has a job.....for now.

Yes, it has been worse. As annoying as some of lawmakers are, they got the wind knocked out of their sails.

Flash

Wow....I never knew about that. Not like I really sit around and research topics like history of gun control but I was under the impression this was a fairly new thing, at least to the extent we see 2day.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Read Unintended Consequences.
    Whole first half is a history lesson.

Sent without thinking via tapatalk.

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    So whatcha thinking? Maybe Texas, new Mexico, Nevada, new Orleans, Mississippi, Florida south Carolina, Georgia, Oklahoma. And I say we take the name "United States of America" with us since apparently some others don't seem to want to be that anymore.

Yes I'm sure I missed a few descent states but I'm not completely up to date on all of their views so we can add a few more if we need to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Add AZ. Their carry laws and self defense laws are one the best in the counrty. Constitutional Carry, enough said. In my opinion not too far from where we should be Nation wide.
    The south will rise again...

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    I also forgot to put TN and KY in that list. DEFINITELY don't wanna leave them out. Here's why, in case anyone forgot:

Knob Creek: Machine Gun Night Shoot October 2010 (HD) - YouTube

**** yea. TN is the "patron state of shootin thangs". Cant leave them out.

In all honesty about 35-40 states are majority pro gun. The problem is the people who dont like guns for whatever reason just make up this horse shit about guns. Like how these machines are the root of all evil. They some how captivate people... Their logic appeals to some. It appears that their hysterics have become more than just non sense and people arent buying it any more. What I dont understand is why dont the gullabe folks look at the history of gun control. GO China!

It may change their mind.

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    gun-ownership-demotivational-poster-1221603758.jpg

Top Bottom