• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    I keep my reloading supplies topped off and it was time to get some pistol primers. The place I've purchased from before gave me a shock......no standard (non magnum) pistol primers...large OR small. The run on supplies is already beginning!

Flash

I having the same problems, i just went though 2000 Large pistol primers and 2000 230gr FMJ .45 projectiles and cant find either in stock right now to replace them.
    Gun Zone Deals

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    I ordered 10k small pistol primers back in May or June. Should be good for a year or two.

Sent without thinking via tapatalk.

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    What really sucks is that pretty much all of my adult life I've had a well paying job. Usually a well paying job that kept me gone from home for weeks or months at a time. Well when I met my wife back in 2009 I decided it would be worth it to sacrifice my well paying job, to be home more, by enrolling in school full time. Right about now, I"m kinda regretting it, because I'd LOVE to order 10,000 pistol primers, 10,000 bullets, several pounds of powder and several thousand brass casings.. I have 1,000 primers, 2 lbs of powder, 1500 bullets and about 500 casings of 9mm, 40 and 38's and that is about as high as my stockpile is gonna get. Of course when I decided to get into reloading, it was so I could shoot more, since I couldn't afford the cost of the ammo to shoot as much as I wanted to.

At this point, I'm thinking about selling all this reloading shit I just bought like 2 months ago, so that I can stock up on ammo and magazines for the "ban" that is inevitably coming. Would anyone say that holding on to my reloading equipment would be a good idea? Even if I can't even afford to buy components right now? Or should I just say screw it, get what I can, while I can, and sell my reloading stuff? On top of all that I'm about one unplanned event away from having to quit school and go back to the oilfield, because the time and money constraints are just too much for me to manage while going to school full time. Of course this had to be at the one point in time when a magazine ban and limits on ammo seem to be more than just anti gun rhetoric, but could be a real possibility.

This fuckin dingleberry Senator Schumer made the comment earlier about ammunition: "What hunter needs 100 rounds to shoot a duck? Nobody needs 100 rounds of ammunition!".....100 rounds? Wow...so we're only gonna be able to buy 10 rounds at a time? I mean damn how far can they push it with infringing on our rights until states say **** y'all and secede? I'd say TX, LA and several other states should seriously consider secession, and invite gun and ammo manufacturers to relocate their businesses here or somewhere in the new country that will be formed by a union of all the seceding states. One thing is for sure, I don't want to be under the rule of a liberal government any more. And as far as I'm concerned, anyone who does, should go meet with all their rainbow flag flying liberal friends and form their own nation in liberal utopian paradise, where there'll be no guns, no anti gays, and no Christians telling them they have to say the word "Christ" in Christmas. And they can all live happily ever after, flying upon their unicorns over the rainbows with fairies! Like this:

bunchafaggets.jpg

And they can go and **** their own country up while we keep ours the way it is, and hopefully bring it back to the way it should be over time. Somethings got to give, because they are going to start a civil war if they push much harder.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    So whatcha thinking? Maybe Texas, new Mexico, Nevada, new Orleans, Mississippi, Florida south Carolina, Georgia, Oklahoma. And I say we take the name "United States of America" with us since apparently some others don't seem to want to be that anymore.

Yes I'm sure I missed a few descent states but I'm not completely up to date on all of their views so we can add a few more if we need to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Keep the reloading equipment.
    Buy what you can, as you can.
    Pennies make dollars, just don't get into debt.

What really sucks is that pretty much all of my adult life I've had a well paying job. Usually a well paying job that kept me gone from home for weeks or months at a time. Well when I met my wife back in 2009 I decided it would be worth it to sacrifice my well paying job, to be home more, by enrolling in school full time. Right about now, I"m kinda regretting it, because I'd LOVE to order 10,000 pistol primers, 10,000 bullets, several pounds of powder and several thousand brass casings.. I have 1,000 primers, 2 lbs of powder, 1500 bullets and about 500 casings of 9mm, 40 and 38's and that is about as high as my stockpile is gonna get. Of course when I decided to get into reloading, it was so I could shoot more, since I couldn't afford the cost of the ammo to shoot as much as I wanted to.

At this point, I'm thinking about selling all this reloading shit I just bought like 2 months ago, so that I can stock up on ammo and magazines for the "ban" that is inevitably coming. Would anyone say that holding on to my reloading equipment would be a good idea? Even if I can't even afford to buy components right now? Or should I just say screw it, get what I can, while I can, and sell my reloading stuff? On top of all that I'm about one unplanned event away from having to quit school and go back to the oilfield, because the time and money constraints are just too much for me to manage while going to school full time. Of course this had to be at the one point in time when a magazine ban and limits on ammo seem to be more than just anti gun rhetoric, but could be a real possibility.

This fuckin dingleberry Senator Schumer made the comment earlier about ammunition: "What hunter needs 100 rounds to shoot a duck? Nobody needs 100 rounds of ammunition!".....100 rounds? Wow...so we're only gonna be able to buy 10 rounds at a time? I mean damn how far can they push it with infringing on our rights until states say **** y'all and secede? I'd say TX, LA and several other states should seriously consider secession, and invite gun and ammo manufacturers to relocate their businesses here or somewhere in the new country that will be formed by a union of all the seceding states. One thing is for sure, I don't want to be under the rule of a liberal government any more. And as far as I'm concerned, anyone who does, should go meet with all their rainbow flag flying liberal friends and form their own nation in liberal utopian paradise, where there'll be no guns, no anti gays, and no Christians telling them they have to say the word "Christ" in Christmas. And they can all live happily ever after, flying upon their unicorns over the rainbows with fairies! Like this:

bunchafaggets.jpg

And they can go and **** their own country up while we keep ours the way it is, and hopefully bring it back to the way it should be over time. Somethings got to give, because they are going to start a civil war if they push much harder.

Sent without thinking via tapatalk.

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    So whatcha thinking? Maybe Texas, new Mexico, Nevada, LA, Mississippi, Florida south Carolina, Georgia, Oklahoma. And I say we take the name "United States of America" with us since apparently some others don't seem to want to be that anymore.

Yes I'm sure I missed a few descent states but I'm not completely up to date on all of their views so we can add a few more if we need to.

We can add to that list Arizona, Colorado, Utah, Montana and Alaska. If I've left any out let me know. Virginia maybe. The only problems is the huge gap of leftist states in between us and the like minded people up north. Otherwise yes, I'd tell the rest that they can go **** a duck. California is a beautiful place that is unfortunately being ruined by too many not so beautiful people. Same goes for the East Coast. How they really think their idea of a functioning nation will actually work in the real world is still beyond me. And nahh we'd never be the USA again we'd have to change the name of our country. The Constitution will still be in D.C. but it will be nothing more than a relic if it ever comes to that.

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    On a side note, this is what I have to say about people suggesting 100 round drum mags should be banned. Here's how I feel about it. I personally have no use for a 100 round drum mag. Even if I wanted to launch an offensive attack using an "assault rifle", I'd be perfectly fine using P-mags. Even 10 rounders if that were all I had. I can drop a mag and pop another one in, get a round chambered in 1 second or less. So even if I were a lunatic psycho who wanted to go on a shooting rampage, I doubt the absence of a ridiculously high capacity magazine would make much of a difference. Honestly, I have no urge to own one either. I'm perfectly content with P mags.

Now, with that being said, the banning of "high capacity magazines", and the idea that people seem to think they are somehow superior enough to decide whether or not a person "needs" that much ammunition, is a scary thought. I mean take Bill O' Reilly for example. I always knew he was a neo con snake in the grass, but his comments about the 100 round mags and ammunition the other day make me believe he's even becoming a nanny stater to the same extent as the liberals he bad mouths so much. He just kept saying, "come on, why would anyone NEED a 100 round magazine"? Well why would it matter? It's a Bill of Rights, not a Bill of Needs. It's not about whether or not they need it it's about whether or not they want it. And if it were the one thing that were causing these mass shootings to happen, or even the one thing that made this shooting in Aurora so bad, I'd probably say sure we should ban them. But we all know that will make no difference whatsoever and the idea of banning 100 round drum mags is only to give liberals who always feel like they have to have someone to point the finger at, someone to blame, and a new law need be made, every time a tragic event happens.

But if we really bow to this hypocrisy and allow them to ban "high capacity magazines", I mean how many rounds are we gonna be told we "need" or that we "can have"? Is it only going to be 10? I mean hey, a person can do just as much damage with multiple 10 round mags so that shouldn't matter, but I honestly like my high cap mags for the range because it saves time in loading magazines. Well what if they say it's just the 100 round mags that are going to be banned because of the shooting in aurora (which the shooter had, but was not any more instrumental in his rampage than the other 3 guns he had).

Banning 100 round magazines for such a trivial reason as this will surely set a precedent. It will say that it is ok for the government to ban things just because people think "people don't need them". Well why not ban alcohol then? People don't "need" it either...just one example of many. And the fact that some of the people who have stood up for our ideals the most throughout this unfortunate wave of America liberalism, are beginning to think just like liberals, is not a good sign. Basically they are saying, "ok, it is ok to ban something just because people associate it with something else, even though it really won't stop anything". Well what's next? Thinking like that means an eventual ban on damn near everything, as time goes on. I just think that if people don't stand up to this that many more bans will be coming, and within 5 years the days of meeting up at ASC for a fun filled day of target shooting the AR-15's will be coming to an end. And as for limits on ammunition, if you ask me, that is a direct violation of the Bill of Rights. And the fact that people who claim to be hard core conservatives and/or patriotic Americans are supporting such ridiculous claims, FOR THE SAME REASONS AND USING THE SAME LOGIC AS ULTRA LIBERALS!!, is a damn shame to say the least.

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    WRR, You sure post some long winded shit, but I am really starting to enjoy reading it. Makes good sense to me.

I try to keep it short and simple but I could sit here and fill up pages upon pages of shit when talking about liberal (or liberal type) hypocrisy in general. Every time I think I'm done ranting I think of something else to add to it. Oh and I think I got that phrase about the Bill of Needs from someone else in this forum, can't remember who it was that said that but I didn't make that up lol....that is a good one though, I gotta give it to whoever I got it from.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    The idiot young blond reporter was on ABC news last night talking about restricting bullet purchases like it was the most logical thing in the world. She made it seem (and I completely believe she believes it) that anyone who would oppose such a bill is a poor uneducated nationalist terrorist. It's a shame to see our youth so completely brainwashed.

I almost threw my remote through the tv.

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    The idiot young blond reporter was on ABC news last night talking about restricting bullet purchases like it was the most logical thing in the world. She made it seem (and I completely believe she believes it) that anyone who would oppose such a bill is a poor uneducated nationalist terrorist. It's a shame to see our youth so completely brainwashed.

I almost threw my remote through the tv.

I mean really, how many rounds to we bring per range trip? 200 MINIMUM for me. And I used to do that 4 times a month or so. But some people shoot much, much more. And yeah I hate that bitch. Don't know her name but I know exactly who you're talking about.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I think I brought well over 1000 to Hicksville, woulda used them but I spent to much time lookin at everyone else's toys.

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    But really, if all this talk of limiting the amount of ammo one can buy and/or possess becomes more than just typical liberal ranting, that will be the beginning of the end of the official recognition of the 2nd Amendment as we've known it to be for 2 centuries. Of course that'll be the beginning of the end of people like us recognizing anyone who doesn't respect our rights to keep and bear arms, Republican OR Democrat, as having any authority over us, and will likely lead to some pretty chaotic social unrest down the line. Let's just hope whoever's got access to the BIG guns is on our side.

Call me a crazy whacked out conspiracy theorist if you must, but I honestly believe this was not a typical random mass shooting. With the barrage of anti gun rhetoric that is coming down in the last week, it's almost deafening. And sickening to watch play out. But I believe this shooting happened for a reason. It wasn't just senseless meaningless killing. These anti gunners are multi multi millionaires/billionaires and are powerful enough to make literally anything happen if they want it to. It's not our guns they're after, it's our freedom in total. They want to have ALL the money and power in this world and literally the rest of us to be peasants. Which would be an impossible thing to do to an armed populace. An unarmed populace, well they could keep us figuratively (or literally) enslaved for centuries.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    As I remember my oath was to defend the constitution and I don't recall meeting too many liberals in the military.

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    As I remember my oath was to defend the constitution and I don't recall meeting too many liberals in the military.

+1000

I've never taken an oath to defend the Constitution but that doesn't mean I won't. I'll never recognize any other law as presiding over me, nor any politician who does not recognize it. They are tearing apart an amazing nation by trying to go about their own system of government, that is already failing. They are failing economically for one thing, and they trash every one of our values in the process...then expect us to be willing to give up our rights, **** all that I'll do what I can not to go to jail or get myself killed but I will never call their way "the law". The law was written in 1776 and has worked perfectly fine ever since, till THEY came around and started fucking it up.

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    Does anyone have any citations handy from witnesses that saw the 100-round drum actually being used, or is this all just because he was found to have one? The reason I wonder is that the weapon on the ground has a 30rd mag:

aurora-ar.jpg

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    Does anyone have any citations handy from witnesses that saw the 100-round drum actually being used, or is this all just because he was found to have one? The reason I wonder is that the weapon on the ground has a 30rd mag:

View attachment 14909

I thought the same thing when I first saw that picture. Nope I have heard nobody but the major news outlets say that's what he had. I don't think it really matters though, lets face it, the presence of a 100 round drum would not have made a bit of difference here, they are just using anything they can to attack gun rights. Now they have shifted their focus to attacking ammo and ammo feeding devices, exponentially.

Top Bottom