• ...and so much more!
  • Do you have a Tourniquet?

• Total voters

Low_Speed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Austin
    Your far mo w likely to need an AED than a firearm also. Just need it close by. And about the same price as many firearms we keep nearby.

Ever go out to the lake? Anywhere else besides a major city?

You don’t need to be EMS to use an AED. In fact, you don’t really need any training.

Why do you feel that having something that has a far greater chance of being used is stupid? Seems you are more concerned with defending your tourniquet than considering something far more beneficial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since you are an advocate for carrying an AED you should buy us some. I will carry it everyday.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Since you are an advocate for carrying an AED you should buy us some. I will carry it everyday.

It’s amazing you question my logic about carrying something that would probably be useful at some point while making silly comments like this.

I get it though, sounds really cool to say you have a tourniquet.

Nobody is gonna be like “You got an epinephrine pen! That’s so awesome!”

Low_Speed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Austin
    It’s amazing you question my logic about carrying something that would probably be useful at some point while making silly comments like this.

I get it though, sounds really cool to say you have a tourniquet.

Nobody is gonna be like “You got an epinephrine pen! That’s so awesome!”

Don’t question the logic of carrying one. I question the logic of suggesting that carrying something the size and weight of the thing for EDC. It’s ridiculous! My father had one of the cell phones from the 80’s. It was a brick. For all of the suggestions of it being portable, it wasn’t. Which is the reason most owners left them in the trunk. A tourniquet is the size of a smartphone. Small, lite and EDCable. When a defibrillator is the size of a fist and cost $30 then talk to me. Otherwise, your argument is just trolling.

And yes, half of the year I do have to carry an epipen. But of course that’s just for me. Having your tongue and throat swell up is far from fun.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Don’t question the logic of carrying one. I question the logic of suggesting that carrying something the size and weight of the thing for EDC. It’s ridiculous! My father had one of the cell phones from the 80’s. It was a brick. For all of the suggestions of it being portable, it wasn’t. Which is the reason most owners left them in the trunk. A tourniquet is the size of a smartphone. Small, lite and EDCable. When a defibrillator is the size of a fist and cost $30 then talk to me. Otherwise, your argument is just trolling.

And yes, half of the year I do have to carry an epipen. But of course that’s just for me. Having your tongue and throat swell up is far from fun.

My arguments in this thread are only about 80% trolling.

The other 20% is accidentally honest because an AED in your vehicle would still see more use (or would be thousands of times more likely to see use) than a tourniquet.

The Epinephrine fits all the criteria of a tourniquet and would also be thousands of times more likely to see use.

But you are correct. The vast majority of my posts are just for lulz because everyone was getting so butthurt about who carries what. I even said so a couple pages back but people kept replying.

Tourniquets suck.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Even medical professionals can give really bad advice.

OK, let our readers judge.

In seven years as a U S Army Physician and 13 years of Emergency Medicine practice, I never saw a single case in which a tourniquet was needed.

But I guess that those geniuses who teach first aid courses must know better.

leVieux

Top Bottom