• ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    The 1st Fall I started riding again, I got some Frog Tog pants to wear over jeans; my top 1/2 was already protected. They wouldn't work for a long haul but up to an hour and down to 40F, they were sufficient.
    I was wearing the old school heavy slicker jacket/pants.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Maybe a TGT ride will be difficult but what about a meet up for lunch? I've done day rides to Bellville, Thorndale, Longview, Beaumont, and Galveston to name just a few simply to ride. How about it?

Tex929rr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2015
    Welfare, TX
    015C94DE-F0C2-4276-AD86-F2ABD4E39831.jpeg

Came across this pic from about 1994. That’s the Mrs on her 600 in front of Fort Davis. That morning we left Cloudcroft NM (temp in the mid 20’s), rode to Carlsbad and walked down into the caverns (but took the elevator up), then rode to Marathon to spend the night at the Gage hotel. That was a long day.

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    Got invited for a cigar and beer at my buddy's place last night. Jumped on my 2 cylinders of fury and blasted off like I stole 'em. It was a very pleasant experience. It sure scratched an itch. I had not ridden in over a week, mainly due to schedule and weather. But man, after being forced to drive my wife's li'l gutless 4-banger for 400 miles last weekend, this thing felt like a rocketship. If there are any traffic cops here, I sweat I never broke the speed limit. Not a single time. Let alone a dozen times. It felt great. Came home with a smile. Oh yeah ... and the cigars were good too.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Bead breaker from Jim on TWT.jpeg

I'm riding to Waco tomorrow to pick up that freebie :) from a dude.
    You would not believe some of the 'neck engineering I've attempted to break the bead.
    Should be a gorgeous day and currently no plans for lunch if anyone wants to meet @2p or later.

Tex929rr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2015
    Welfare, TX
    View attachment 385306

I'm riding to Waco tomorrow to pick up that freebie :) from a dude.
    You would not believe some of the 'neck engineering I've attempted to break the bead.
    Should be a gorgeous day and currently no plans for lunch if anyone wants to meet @2p or later.
    Three of us bought a Coats 220 about 20 years ago. I can’t imagine how much money it’s saved in tire changes over the years. Before that I had tried multiple redneck solutions and it was lots of busted knuckles and cussing. They don’t make the Coats any more but lots of people like the No-Mar changers.

Brasstac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2023
    Seguin, TX
    I made it over to Gruene HD yesterday for their Margaritas, Fajitas, and bikini bike wash. Then out River Road before heading home. I'm trying to break in my fresh built 1978 Shovelhead. She's going to be a whole lot of fun.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Houston to Needville for lunch to meet a group of members of a MC forum I belong to, then out through Beasley, East Bernard, Eagle Lake on on to Shiner on hwy90. Then north on hwy95 to Flatonia, and I10 back home again. 252 miles on the round trip yesterday + another ~50 miles this morning to the range and back

Last edited:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Recently relocated here to Houston. Is there an American Legion Riders' Chapter active here?

According to this, there are 3 ALR chapters in Houston. None of them show info for a current director. I think I see why you specified "active" in your question.

There are also several in nearby places and some of those have contact information for their director, something I would take as a good sign.

Top Bottom