• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Old_Sarge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2020
    South TX
    This may be in the wrong section but I can definitely turn into a rant/rave!

I'm a new member and can't message people or comment on posts. Is there some sort of minimum post rule? If so, that's so lame. Other gun forums don't have that.

Any help is greatly appreciated

First of all, welcome!
    Second, I have been on another forum or two and this one is pretty cool.
    I don't know the answer to your question, but as a new guy, I was able to post the first day, but I don't know about classifieds.

I did read the rules for this forum the first day, and they were easy to find, I don't remember anything about a minimum number of anything required, but guys on here will help you achieve whatever number you need, just ask us.

The forum I just quit, I actually told the moderator to delete my profile twice before they finally did. This was basically in protest because some poor guy posted that he was looking for the rules on giving feed back on a classified after a transaction, he received a nasty gram from an "administrator", but it was from an anonymous account with "no reply" contact info. He simply asked why they did this and why someone just didn't contact him and specify what he did wrong as he wishes to obey the rules.

I posted that I agreed that was a bummer and I couldn't find the rules for classifieds either. I immediately received a nasty gram myself but it wasn't anonymous and it was from a valid moderator who informed me that he deleted my post because we are not allowed to say anything bad about the forum. You can guess what I told him lol, I was polite about it though.
    I have never been banned from any site in my life but those guys were ridiculous to punish a member for asking where he could find the rules so I quit.

I was more than happy to leave voluntarily even though they never asked me to, as I don't want anything to do with a site that punishes people for asking where the rules are so they can read them and abide by them...that was lame!

Sorry to rant so long, but I am glad that I found this site where guys talk about things we have in common, nobody bashes me for liking my Glocks, and you don't have to own a $3,500 custom 1911 to fit in.

I hope you stick around and give the site a chance, let me know if you need help getting a certain number of posts or messages or whatever.

tenor (25).gif
    Capitol Armory ad

Attachments

• tenor (25).gif
      tenor (25).gif
      59.2 KB · Views: 809

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    First of all, welcome!
    Second, I have been on another forum or two and this one is pretty cool.
    I don't know the answer to your question, but as a new guy, I was able to post the first day, but I don't know about classifieds.

I did read the rules for this forum the first day, and they were easy to find, I don't remember anything about a minimum number of anything required, but guys on here will help you achieve whatever number you need, just ask us.

The forum I just quit, I actually told the moderator to delete my profile twice before they finally did. This was basically in protest because some poor guy posted that he was looking for the rules on giving feed back on a classified after a transaction, he received a nasty gram from an "administrator", but it was from an anonymous account with "no reply" contact info. He simply asked why they did this and why someone just didn't contact him and specify what he did wrong as he wishes to obey the rules.

I posted that I agreed that was a bummer and I couldn't find the rules for classifieds either. I immediately received a nasty gram myself but it wasn't anonymous and it was from a valid moderator who informed me that he deleted my post. because we are not allowed to say anything bad about the forum. You can guess what I told him lol, I was polite about it though.
    I have never been banned from any site in my life but those guys were ridiculous to punish a member for asking where he could find the rules so I quit.

I was more than happy to leave voluntarily even though they never asked me to, as I don't want anything to do with a site that punishes people for asking where the rules are so they can read them and abide by them...that was lame!

Sorry to rant so long, but I am glad that I found this site where guys talk about things we have in common, nobody bashes me for liking my Glocks, and you don't have to own a $3,500 custom 1911 to fit in.

I hope you stick around and give the site a chance, let me know if you need help getting a certain number of posts or messages or whatever.

View attachment 211686

Oh trust me, we gonna bash you for liking Glocks! Next you'll want a Hi-Point too!

JK! I too really like this forum. Some really great people here. Most of them are friendly, but strange!

Old_Sarge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2020
    South TX
    Oh trust me, we gonna bash you for liking Glocks! Next you'll want a Hi-Point too!

JK! I too really like this forum. Some really great people here. Most of them are friendly, but strange!
    ...and they are all from Texas, that's why I joined. Other forums I have read seem a bit weird with their modern inventions that scare and frighten me such as flying machines and horseless carriages... and other parts of the country just don't think like we do and value the things that we do I think, ya know?

p.s.- I like my Sig too

Sig Sauer P365 9mm Micro Compact Striker-Fired Pistol   Sportsman s Outdoor Superstore.png

and the Springfield

20200216_145950.jpg

Attachments

• Sig Sauer P365 9mm Micro Compact Striker-Fired Pistol   Sportsman s Outdoor Superstore.png
      Sig Sauer P365 9mm Micro Compact Striker-Fired Pistol Sportsman s Outdoor Superstore.png
      58.8 KB · Views: 616
    • 20200216_145950.jpg
      20200216_145950.jpg
      512.8 KB · Views: 821

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    ...and they are all from Texas, that's why I joined. Other forums I have read seem a bit weird with their modern inventions that scare and frighten me such as flying machines and horseless carriages... and other parts of the country just don't think like we do and value the things that we do I think, ya know?

p.s.- I like my Sig too

View attachment 211688

and the Springfield

View attachment 211689

I cut way back on the forums I participate on now. I'm only visiting and posting on three now.

But several through new ownership, new Mods and Admins, went really liberal and PC. My style, language and personality hasn't changed any over the years, but I was getting dinged and timed-out for speaking my mind. No biggie though.

Old_Sarge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2020
    South TX
    I cut way back on the forums I participate on now. I'm only visiting and posting on three now.

But several through new ownership, new Mods and Admins, went really liberal and PC. My style, language and personality hasn't changed any over the years, but I was getting dinged and timed-out for speaking my mind. No biggie though.
    well said, I respect rules, just think this is a decent bunch of guys and I see moderators post as normal with us so I like that too.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen

I resent that even if it does fit.
    From just my short time here, the moderation seems balanced and fair from what I can tell.
    They are. I got banned from a forum because I joined 3 days before they banned a troll.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I see moderators post as normal with us so I like that
    I don't like forums where mods don't take part in discussions. I can understand how it happens when a forum gets really big but I still don't like it. There are forums out there so big they need a staff of moderators to moderate their moderators. I don't think I'd really fit into a place like that.

I left one forum when they discovered that controversy got clicks. They hired a moderator purely for the purpose of stirring up shit. I'm am 100% serious. They admitted it using lots of corporate buzzwords about "increasing dynamism" and "encouraging engagement" while "defending a consistent corporate viewpoint". But when you boiled it down, his job turned out to be pretty simple. He was to post outrageous and/or insulting stuff, shadowban people who were trying to carry on reasonable debates, and delete posts both randomly and whenever they made too much sense.

He turned every part of the forum into a continuous shitstorm that drove off all their thoughtful members. However, they created a place that drew lots of visitors just trying to see what all the fuss was about. It's my understanding that they radically increased profits in the short term.

Of course, over time they fell from one of the top 100 sites in the world to, recently, in the top 10,000 on a good day. They're an uninteresting husk of their old selves these days.

I don't think I'd fit into a place like that, either.

My point? The more I think back on my past experiences, from usenet to Compuserve to AOL to web forums to the present day, the more I appreciate TGT. It's not perfect but it works. I'm surprised how many forums out there continue to hang on, year after year, even though they can't legitimately claim to meet that simple criteria of "It works."

Old_Sarge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2020
    South TX
    I don't like forums where mods don't take part in discussions. I can understand how it happens when a forum gets really big but I still don't like it. There are forums out there so big they need a staff of moderators to moderate their moderators. I don't think I'd really fit into a place like that.

I left one forum when they discovered that controversy got clicks. They hired a moderator purely for the purpose of stirring up shit. I'm am 100% serious. They admitted it using lots of corporate buzzwords about "increasing dynamism" and "encouraging engagement" while "defending a consistent corporate viewpoint". But when you boiled it down, his job turned out to be pretty simple. He was to post outrageous and/or insulting stuff, shadowban people who were trying to carry on reasonable debates, and delete posts both randomly and whenever they made too much sense.

He turned every part of the forum into a continuous shitstorm that drove off all their thoughtful members. However, they created a place that drew lots of visitors just trying to see what all the fuss was about. It's my understanding that they radically increased profits in the short term.

Of course, over time they fell from one of the top 100 sites in the world to, recently, in the top 10,000 on a good day. They're an uninteresting husk of their old selves these days.

My point? The more I think back on my past experiences, from usenet to Compuserve to AOL to web forums to the present day, the more I appreciate TGT. It's not perfect but it works. I'm surprised how many forums out there continue to hang on, year after year, even though they can't legitimately claim to meet that simple criteria of "It works."

Nice!
    I was reading the rules for a different site, some sort of AKfiles, or AKforum, or whatever, and it said that you have to "contribute significantly to the thread" or they will delete your posts and you can be removed from the site. Posts that simply "agree and don't add something to the conversation will be viewed as nonproductive and a violation" or some other such Nazi warning. I couldn't believe it! You are not allowed to agree with anyone and they grade your posts like a term paper? On a forum for AK47s?!
    Yes, this is a decent site and I hope the new guy gives it a chance like I did
    (also new guy).

tenor (33).gif

Attachments

• tenor (33).gif
      tenor (33).gif
      44.2 KB · Views: 412
    Last edited:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019

Ben, like I said, in just my short time here, this forum seems to be very balanced and fair. It's not perfect, and if a person is looking for the "perfect" forum, it doesn't exist, never did exist, and never will exist. TGT is pretty close though!

I only participate on three forums now, this one , one other Texas based and ran forum, and one other that is very small and privately owned forum that I have been a member for many years.

One large forum I belonged to for a number of years, started out as a privately owned forum, then the owner sold it to a media group after he built it up and several other forums he had started and owned. When I first joined that one, he actually participated in the discussions. After a couple of years, he started getting less involved, and one of his choices for a new moderator, was a woman that was an idiot, and new less about anything gun related than most noobs. She pretty much ran most of the older knowledgeable members off with her heavy handed editing and post deletion. Then, once it sold to the media group, they made her an Administrator, and she got even worse. She pretty much bullied out the other more fair and conservative moderators. Her liberal viewpoints really started to shine after she became an administrator. I still lurk on that forum occasionally, bit it's become what I call now "Snowflake Central Forum" !

Another large forum, I joined I didn't stick around long. That forum was WAY under-moderated! And the few moderators they had, were the worst trolls on their forum! That place was like a 24 hour grudge fight! Another one I didn't stick around long after joining, the owner was the head guy running the forum, and he was the worst hypocrite I had the displeasure in meeting. He "claimed" to be a Christian and said he liked to run a family-friendly forum. It was anything but family oriented. He and several of it's "prominent" members, some of who were paying members, and a couple of them moderators for his forum, I began to suspect they were white supremacists, or had such sympathies that tended to lean that direction. I didn't even want to be associated with such a forum or it's members. Just a few months ago, the owner died, and the forum was then gone. Good riddance to it.

Some of the first forums I belonged to when I first joined them, were very technical related. Socializing and thread drift were discouraged, and very much frowned upon. But, I also participated on those forums for work related projects and such, and was many times on the "clock" so to speak, and not being paid to discuss my favorite dog, or recipe, or where the wife and I had dinner the night before! I gathered lots of information from techs and reps that knew their jobs, that helped me do my job better. That one large gun forum I joined years ago, was one of the very first forums that I participated in social way similar to Facebook. Made some good friends there, some I still stay in contact with currently.

I do like a forum that is active. I am not really a people person! And I have been practicing social distancing for much longer than when this CV19 crap came about. So being socially active on a forum is much more suited for my personality. Sometimes, finding the right forum that is a good fit for the person, is like finding the right gun! This forum is a good fit for me. It's a pretty good forum and I like it, and I like the members here.

Old_Sarge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2020
    South TX
    I don't know much about much but I get along better with people from Texas lol...hey, by the way, we need to build a wall, but not the wall everyone talks about. We need a wall between Texas and Louisiana to stop this kind of crap shown below...

gator-fence-1566256247 (1).png

Attachments

• gator-fence-1566256247 (1).png
      gator-fence-1566256247 (1).png
      474.8 KB · Views: 294

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I don't know much about much but I get along better with people from Texas lol...hey, by the way, we need to build a wall, but not the wall everyone talks about. We need a wall between Texas and Louisiana to stop this kind of crap shown below...

View attachment 211787

I'll pay a $5 a gator hauled to my house. Live of course! I got a lot of swampy land out back and they would keep people off my property! LOL!

Old_Sarge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2020
    South TX
    I'll pay a $5 a gator hauled to my house. Live of course! I got a lot of swampy land out back and they would keep people off my property! LOL!

Meanwhile, back at Axxe55's house...

download (15).jpg

download (14).jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Attachments

• download (15).jpg
      download (15).jpg
      7.5 KB · Views: 255
    • download (14).jpg
      download (14).jpg
      15.1 KB · Views: 269
    • maxresdefault.jpg