Lynx Defense

Why do some police issue AR15's have yellow accented furniture on them?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    Why do cops get full auto sbrs but we have to get 30,000 dollar prebans?

If cops have a reason for them so do lawful citizens.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Because cops go after the bad guys, while we civilians wait for the bad guys. On average, they probably need their rifles more times per year then we do.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    I don't wanna hear an argument like that antis use that argument against our current "assault" rifles. Give me a real reason.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    A long time ago in 5th grade (2001), we had the school police officer come in and talk to us about cop things and not to do bad stuff.

Some kid asked him if the police station gives them their guns and he said that you have to buy your own gun. However, SLPD's website says they have a police issue glock and AR15. I once saw a cop or sheriff at a wedding (they were guarding the place), who was carrying a 1911.

What's up with that?

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    I don't wanna hear an argument like that antis use that argument against our current "assault" rifles. Give me a real reason.

lmao okay.

It's because we civilians are too stupid to be trusted with fully automatic assault weapons, and high capacity clips, and pistol grips and barrel shrouds.

Does that sound better?

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Why do cops get full auto sbrs but we have to get 30,000 dollar prebans?

So you would compare your need for a full auto sbr to a cops need?
    Plus, a lawful citizen can own one. The cop doesn't own his, it is department issue. It is a tool for the job he has to do. When he leaves the job, the gun stays behind.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    A long time ago in 5th grade (2001), we had the school police officer come in and talk to us about cop things and not to do bad stuff.

Some kid asked him if the police station gives them their guns and he said that you have to buy your own gun. However, SLPD's website says they have a police issue glock and AR15. I once saw a cop or sheriff at a wedding (they were guarding the place), who was carrying a 1911.

What's up with that?
    Some agencies still make officers buy their own weapons. But the number is shrinking. Some officers carry whatever they want when working off-duty jobs.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    lmao okay.

It's because we civilians are too stupid to be trusted with fully automatic assault weapons, and high capacity clips, and pistol grips and barrel shrouds.

Does that sound better?

No it pisses me off.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

What's up with that?

What's up with what? Specifically?

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    So you would compare your need for a full auto sbr to a cops need?
    Plus, a lawful citizen can own one. The cop doesn't own his, it is department issue. It is a tool for the job he has to do. When he leaves the job, the gun stays behind.

We are not talking about need. How many guns do you really need? My point is that we have a stupid law that makes us pay 30000 for the same gun as TXCOP gets brand new shipped to his police dept.

Im jealous as ****! They dont cost any extra to make. My DPMS could have easily been an FA.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    You area a daytrader....correct? How many arrest warrants did you serve last year. How many violent felons were you charged with apprehending last week?

There are arguments to be made for revamping law regarding full auto weapons.
    Saying you need one for the same reason cops do is not one of them...

Top Bottom