Lynx Defense

Why do some police issue AR15's have yellow accented furniture on them?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    Yes!!! Lucky bastard!!! Could you have NFAd one for yourself or do you need to buy the preban BS too? They are sure few and far between these days.

I wouldnt mind doing NFA on one its just finding one and coughing up the dough.

I need one because this is America and I love guns. Im not saying I have to serve warrants.
    Target Sports

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Yes!!! Lucky bastard!!! Could you have NFAd one for yourself or do you need to buy the preban BS too? They are sure few and far between these days.

I wouldnt mind doing NFA on one its just finding one and coughing up the dough.

I need one because this is America and I love guns. Im not saying I have to serve warrants.

He also has to do the same thing we do. Remember, only the police agency gets it for that price. Officers can not get them for that price for personal use.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    KAK, A police officer who wants to buy a full auto has to jump through the same hoops that anyone else does. The rifle I have is not "mine", it is the department's...it is merely issued to me.
    If you went into the army they would give you a rifle...it would probably be full auto....it would not be yours to keep.

Same principle.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    I get it, I would just really like a G18, and a F/A MSAR. The preban thing gets me. Eventually these guns will be worth more and more until they are basically not available.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    TXcop2, is your M16 new, or is it a used military gun? My brother is a Sheriff's Deputy up north, and his is a used military m16. His department really doesn't like the officers having full auto capability, but those guns were way cheaper than new AR15s. I was just curious if your department felt the need for full autos, or just got a great deal on the guns also.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    Would it be worse if you knew that it was around $550 when we bought it a few years ago? plus $30 shipping

Save your money and buy them

Not worth the going rate I'm too into saltwater fishing. I don't think there are any transferable g18s or msars out there. But I'm sure that for the military the only cost the same as a g17 or regular MSAR.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    you can always buy them from the black market, take it to a local shooting range, and empty some mags until they ask for some paperwork to prove its legal. When that happens, run like hell :D

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    ^lol

now as mentioned in another thread, the only way to get some of these things, would be to have an FFL, and some sort of do-hickey invention that you manufacture (lets not forget allt he horrible fees and stuff that go along with this as well) that say clips on to the weapons, these you would need to test thoroughly especialyl if marketed twoard LE/military applications... sooooo you would need to see how they hold up to full auto abuse right? then you buy a "demo" g18 from glock directly and use it to test your widget....

not an expert, but it would probably be best not to get an FFL for the sole purpose of increasing your gun collection... i think that is kinda illegal -- but like i said, i dunno for sure. ive got all the FFL paperwork sitting at home, jsut haven't had the balls to actually send it in.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    TXcop2, is your M16 new, or is it a used military gun? My brother is a Sheriff's Deputy up north, and his is a used military m16. His department really doesn't like the officers having full auto capability, but those guns were way cheaper than new AR15s. I was just curious if your department felt the need for full autos, or just got a great deal on the guns also.

We got a couple M16s from the military. Old A1 Vietnam era guns. Then the one I have was bought from GTs. they were clearing out some Colts that were used a demo models and they were $500 or $550, I cant remember. They were cheaper than new AR-15s....so we bought one. Its fun but doesnt have much practical use.

If we had a North Hollywood situation....maybe. Suppresive fire to go pull out a wounded officer.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I'd like a full auto M4 simply cause I want one. I really don't think it would be practically any more useful for any situations I'm likely (or unlikely) to come up to (and that, frankly, goes for LEO's as well). I'm priced out of ever reasonably being able to buy a legal FA weapon, and I'm morally priced out of buying one illegally.

The legislation has been in place for a few decades. It is not going to change any time soon. Probably 75% or more of Americans don't want it to change. No real reason to get riled up over something that isn't going to change.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I'd like a full auto M4 simply cause I want one. I really don't think it would be practically any more useful for any situations I'm likely (or unlikely) to come up to (and that, frankly, goes for LEO's as well). I'm priced out of ever reasonably being able to buy a legal FA weapon, and I'm morally priced out of buying one illegally.

The legislation has been in place for a few decades. It is not going to change any time soon. Probably 75% or more of Americans don't want it to change. No real reason to get riled up over something that isn't going to change.
    +1 but they are fun at the range

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I have shot a full auto Glock and an M16. They are fun, but damn the ammo goes fast. Besides the suppressive fire, I really don't see any practical use either. Even with practice, once you get the gun back under control and back on target, you are empty. Even with those small low recoil rounds, the gun goes everywhere. A 3 round burst would be way more practical.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Love to shoot
    Top Bottom