Texas SOT

why does Academy want me to come in about my paperwork for a gun i bought months ago

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShootingTheBull

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Hmmm... interesting point about changing the document after the fact, I wouldn't call it "perjury" but I would say that if BOTH parties don't initial it, then yes that does make it somewhat questionable.

I agree with reading the instructions, absolutely (but again, I point out that there are no instructions for what date format the "certification date" has to be in).

And I absolutely agree with doing the FFL a favor to help them keep their records in lawful order. Heck, I go to Academy frequently enough that if they asked me to come in to correct something, I'd probably go anyway and be glad of the opportunity. Now, if the store was sixty miles away or something, that would be an issue, but yeah, I don't get the people who were telling the store to "F off" and whatever. A little kindness goes a long way, both ways.

As for point 2, an error only being correctable on a photocopy, I don't know the law on that and would defer to a lawyer to clarify for us.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    The photocopy rule is administrative and is on page 3 of the 4473:

photocopy_zpsb178e848.gif

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    The 4473 is an important part of the evidence chain for straw purchases and other such prosecutions and that is why the BATFE is so adamant about keeping their authenticity at POS. If buyers/FFLS can change them after the fact, they would become in-admissable as evidence.

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    Academy

Not sure I buy the "spot inspection in the evening" story.

I believe you were TOLD that, but......

Its true....the next year another ATF guy shows up and my neighbor brought that topic up. New ATF guy informed him that particular ATF was known as a genuine butt head. Neighbor has his address at his house out here in the country and inspections happen after he gets off work, so he gets them in the evening.

Driller

rgwalt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Houston Heights
    Unless I thinks it's going to cost someone a job, I usually let them deal with their own mistakes. If it means me making a special trip.

I went to a Wendy's once, and paid with a 10 dollar bill, she handed me 8 dollars back (an extra 5).
    So I looked at it told her this is the wrong change, and gave it back. (In Spanish no English for this lady)
    She then proceeded to add another 10 bucks to the change.
    So I handed it back, told her, she neede to give me 3.xx cents in change (in Spanish again). Then she proceeded to put another 10 bucks in the change.

So I gave up.

Why did you give up? You had a slot machine that wouldn't stop paying out! Ride that as long as you can!

But seriously, why did the manager hire someone who didn't speak english, and couldn't make changes, to work the register? I mean, those are two extremely important requirements...

Top Bottom