Capitol Armory ad

Why I sleep with an AK under my bed.....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    They have been threatening this since the 60's and we have yet to see any sort of action on a large scale like this. It does make me wonder why that is though. Is it just simply a logistics factor or deep down they know they will be met with force or what??
    Honestly, there are many states and cities with generally unarmed citizens, where I would think it would be a cakewalk.

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    It's a bunch of Travons talking bad on the interwebz. They saw how things ended up for Martin so they don't want to act on their coolness.

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They have been threatening this since the 60's and we have yet to see any sort of action on a large scale like this. It does make me wonder why that is though. Is it just simply a logistics factor or deep down they know they will be met with force or what??
    Honestly, there are many states and cities with generally unarmed citizens, where I would think it would be a cakewalk.

The force thing probably stops some of them ... those who are bright enough to see the stories on the internet about granny shooting some asshole or the teenager who shot the Hell out of an intruder or mom with her kids in a closet that opened fire on an intruder.

The others? Couch potato welfare monkeys who would rather cash their welfare checks and blow the money on booze and drugs ... in other words, too busy getting effed up to even try to "rob the white folk."

And I've always slept with my Mossberg 870 shotgun in a bedside "holster" and my Sig .40 S&W caliber semi-auto in the bedside table... even before this idiocy from some twitter turd.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    The force thing probably stops some of them ... those who are bright enough to see the stories on the internet about granny shooting some $#@! or the teenager who shot the Hell out of an intruder or mom with her kids in a closet that opened fire on an intruder.

The others? Couch potato welfare monkeys who would rather cash their welfare checks and blow the money on booze and drugs ... in other words, too busy getting effed up to even try to "rob the white folk."

And I've always slept with my Mossberg 870 shotgun in a bedside "holster" and my Sig .40 S&W caliber semi-auto in the bedside table... even before this idiocy from some twitter turd.
    LOL lot of folks will tell you the sound of a shotgun racking a rd into battery is not a deterrent, that is because they are not smart people. I have personally seen and watched a guy freeze like a block of ice and sweat like he had drank a glass of Owl Hores Global Warming Kool Aide...

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    Or if he's on meth or bath salts he may not care or even register. I keep 00 buck chambered in my 12ga. I'd rather not waste valuable time. Besides, they were warned not to come in when the door was locked and that's all the warning they need.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    It is about logistics.

The neighborhoods that they are talking about are not easy to get a large crowd rounded up to conduct their mayhem. You must have cover in large numbers to fuel the mob mentality, you must have a large group to cover your ass and make it hard to not to personally stand out. Its the small groups that do the damage insulated from being held responsible for their actions by the larger mostly docile protesters. The trick is getting so many people with both mindsets to travel to the targeted neighborhoods. It is so much easier to walk out your door and stay inside a comfortable zone around your home. That has kept more upscale neighborhoods safer from this, and the fact that those that respect property rights will defend theirs.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    That's why I carry my concealed handgun with an empty chamber.

Racking the slide is sure to scare any BG away.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Having looked into the eyes of the guy I just racked my 12 ga on, I saw he freeze like a ice cube, then with aimed at his head he dialed 911 with the shakiest had I ever saw, his happiness moment was when the police car drove up and I told him to run straight to the car and do not step foot off the sidewalk out to the street..

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    LOL lot of folks will tell you the sound of a shotgun racking a rd into battery is not a deterrent, that is because they are not smart people. I have personally seen and watched a guy freeze like a block of ice and sweat like he had drank a glass of Owl Hores Global Warming Kool Aide...

Those "lot of folks" are brain-dead from the feet up I'd gather. In interviews with perps in jail, they've stated that the sound that scares them most is that of someone racking a round into the chamber of a shotgun.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I don't even put any shells in my shotgun.

Racking it is all that is needed.

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    We're getting off topic but what the hell.

Way back in the 90's when I was still in college I bought an old used shotgun to practice shooting with. I was a Criminal Justice major but still under 21 and decided to get something like what my neighbor had in his unmarked car. So I found a decent Mossy with a pistol grip at a local pawn store and took it out regularly. Got pretty good at aiming from the hip with it to, but I'd rather have a stock these days.

I was on a trip and had it in my trunk. Got mixed up in San Antonio and pulled into a gas station to buy a map. I was parked off to the side of the station because I didn't want to block a pump. On the way out I had about 4 "gentlemen" follow me back to my car. No one said a word, just four guys who were sitting around start walking right behind me. I got to my car, opened the trunk and without looking back just picked up the shotgun and half-racked the slide like I was inspecting the chamber. Finished racking it and those four scattered like cockroaches.

Funny thing is, I didn't have any shells for it. I was going to buy some when I got where I was going. That sucker was an empty as a gun grabber's rhetoric.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Love to shoot
    Top Bottom