Lynx Defense

Why I sleep with an AK under my bed.....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Me and a buddy were double dating, I was in the back seat with a gal him and his GF had set me up on and those two were up front. Nice eve and when drove out to the lake later after a movie and parked. A car pulled up alongside real slow then parked in front of us. 4 guys got out, 2 on each side and walked up to the car, drivers, open window. Mumbled something about needing some gas money to get back into town. I did not know it but my buddy kept a very large Ruger 44 mag SS with a long bbl, very long. My buddy started talking funny stuttering like he was scared and said let me get my wallet as he leaned forward he grabbed the gun and stuck it in the guys face. LOL the yelled he has a gun lets get out of here. They jump in the car and my buddy takes aim at the drivers rear wheel and blows it away, we drive off laughing hard.
    Texas SOT

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Me and a buddy were double dating, I was in the back seat with a gal him and his GF had set me up on and those two were up front. Nice eve and when drove out to the lake later after a movie and parked. A car pulled up alongside real slow then parked in front of us. 4 guys got out, 2 on each side and walked up to the car, drivers, open window. Mumbled something about needing some gas money to get back into town. I did not know it but my buddy kept a very large Ruger 44 mag SS with a long bbl, very long. My buddy started talking funny stuttering like he was scared and said let me get my wallet as he leaned forward he grabbed the gun and stuck it in the guys face. LOL the yelled he has a gun lets get out of here. They jump in the car and my buddy takes aim at the drivers rear wheel and blows it away, we drive off laughing hard.
    One of Jeff Cooper's favorite sayings was, "You fight, you win." Lord help us if the government takes away our ability to "fight".

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Back on the subject of being near rioters and looting, I've been lucky enough to not be near any of that. When I was a child, my parents, God rest their souls, lived in Orange county, California. All the riots seemed to be in Lost Angeles county. Watts riots, Long Beach riots, Rodney King riots, shit like that. I've only had one instance of someone coming close to me but that was several years ago after I'd moved here to Las Vegas. I had just come home to my apartment complex from the store and as I was getting out of the car, a black guy came up and asked me for a dollar. I told him to get a job. Then he pulled a knife and gave me the "Yo, let me go through your wallet" shit. I got completely out of the car and that's when the guy then saw my holster with my Sig in it (Nevada allows open carry of handguns). I didn't even move my hand near it but the guy turned and ran off.

I do feel for the innocent people who get caught up in the mindlessness of riots and rioters. During the Long Beach riots, Korean store owners stood outside their stores with rifles and shotguns keeping the rioters away. At several gun shows here in Las Vegas shortly after that, there were quite a few Koreans from California here buying up cases and cases of ammo....because they couldn't get any IN California.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    We can all debate the merits of racking a shotgun on deterring criminals.

I can tell you, authoritatively, that it scares doves away. Rarely have they ever continued to come towards me after loudly racking a shell. However, I've had much more success putting down braver doves with a round already chambered.

TaylorS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2014
    LOL lot of folks will tell you the sound of a shotgun racking a rd into battery is not a deterrent, that is because they are not smart people. I have personally seen and watched a guy freeze like a block of ice and sweat like he had drank a glass of Owl Hores Global Warming Kool Aide...

I had some buddies of mine come by one night liqoured up and start beating on the windows and door had the dog goin nuts so I took the shotgun out cocked it and let the dog loose they scattered I didn't find out it was them til the next day was pretty funny by then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Punctuation is your friend, don't be afraid of it....

I think you are fighting a losing battle there, Cam....

So here's a idea that possibly could reverse political roles a amendment where only individuals who've paid their income taxes current and in full could vote would that make the libs wanna lower taxes so they can get voters back and conservatives want higher taxes to keep their seats?

This whole move left as I see it started around the turn of the century accelerated by the new deal which is now snowballing I don't see it getting better before it gets much worse but I'm guessing 2-3 more generations before enough heads see daylight for anything substantial to happen life like history is cyclic we've risen and we'll fall mostly were wondering when and what's gonna be left

Got the intelliscope app and think I want the mount XD. FLIR looks cool but idk if it's 350 bucks worth of hold up to the crap I do to my phone kinda cool

I've been looking at some different and more affordable options for a 45lc lever action I've wanted to add wondering what everyone opinion is of Rossi guns quality etc.

When I plumbed my house I put ball valves in I never liked the other kind they always broke when I tried em so I'd go with the reliable b-valve

Double up on that took one apart shot one of the little springs into the part of the house where my socks and lefty gloves go and never saw it again.

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    I received a text the other night and I'm assuming the guy was at the club/bar the night before. Some girl gave him the wrong number. I deleted it but wish I could have saved it to post here. It began with, " Yo hood rat! U werkin toonyt? Hit me back." I explained he had the wrong number. He responded with something else along the lines of her joking. I told him I was a guy and he had the wrong number. He politely apologized and that was that. I guess that's the new cool way for these young men to talk to all of our daughters and sisters.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    If anyone has a young son or daughter who does twitter or fone, you will see an completely new language that is evolving...

Yep, and I see it in work emails written by some of our 20-something employees. And these are people with post-grad degrees from some of the top schools in the country. The dumbing down of America. Ugh

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I received a text the other night and I'm assuming the guy was at the club/bar the night before. Some girl gave him the wrong number. I deleted it but wish I could have saved it to post here. It began with, " Yo hood rat! U werkin toonyt? Hit me back." I explained he had the wrong number. He responded with something else along the lines of her joking. I told him I was a guy and he had the wrong number. He politely apologized and that was that. I guess that's the new cool way for these young men to talk to all of our daughters and sisters.

Maybe that was one of the reasons for the wrong number, lol....

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Yep, and I see it in work emails written by some of our 20-something employees. And these are people with post-grad degrees from some of the top schools in the country. The dumbing down of America. Ugh

I was using an IPad last week and the one thing I noticed was that it's auto correct was amazing. So amazing, you could use one with a rather cursory knowledge of the English language, and I am sure other languages at that. It got me wondering what that sort of technology does to people. The old auto correct wasn't so "auto" and would just point out your errors, some even gave you suggestions. Ideally, that way would help one learn from their mistakes, right? But the way it is today there isn't even a chance of it happening.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    My 15yo granddaughter texted me a few days ago, I'm still trying to figure out what she said. I texted back "love you too", she hasn't replied...

Top Bottom