• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • murfdog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Pearland,TX
    It's called owning and running your own forum. Nobody ever said it was fair.

I think overall the place is run fairly though. Judgment calls are always gonna piss of somebody. It happens.

Comments like that is what I'm talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I guest I'll go back to the forums that are run by adults and not kids!!!
    Sad part is I help this forum by passing out cards and telling everyone I knew about it when it was getting started.

Hope there is no hard feeling I'm just posting my opinion.Maybe I'll try back later I know you don't need me or my friends.

Murfdog

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Comments like that is what I'm talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I guest I'll go back to the forums that are run by adults and not kids!!!
    Sad part is I help this forum by passing out cards and telling everyone I knew about it when it was getting started.
    Hope there is no hard feeling I'm just posting my opinion.Maybe I'll try back later I know you don't need me or my friends.
    Murfdog

Murf....cool the heels a tad, son - and git that giant chip off your shoulder! The threads I saw that you were in looked like they got shut down because some of the folks were goin' "overboard" with some of their comments. Given the size of the place, the mods will just shut it down in the hopes of gettin' everyone to chill out. This ain't a vendetta against you, or anyone else. But SOMEONE has to exercise SOME form of control over some of the stuff!

Now....if you take the above personally, go sit in front of the mirror and say "It ain't all about ME!!". I ain't aiming a shot at you, I'm simply makin' a comment, much as ol' boner was. If you notice, I generally try to make light of MOST situations - because life is too short to be all serious 'bout stuff!

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio

Murfdog

anger management?

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas

I guess it just goes to show that you can't keep everybody happy all of the time. If you were offended by that comment... frankly I don't know what to say.

murfdog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Pearland,TX
    OK!!! I've been a little(LOT) stressed out.My health is poor.You guys are right(?) maybe. So I'll just try too chill some.No hard feeling on this end hope the same on yalls!!

Taking my meds.

MURFDOG

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    OK!!! I've been a little(LOT) stressed out.My health is poor.You guys are right(?) maybe. So I'll just try too chill some.No hard feeling on this end hope the same on yalls!!

Taking my meds.

MURFDOG
    We all get ruffled at times and sometimes downright pissed. It's all good.

My point with the first post was simply that you make the calls as you get them and there may sometimes be casualties. Nothing is really done to make anyone look bad... and the calls are not always perfect. I still believe it is done in fairness as much as possible.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio

Taking my meds.

MURFDOG
    This should be a place to come kick back and talk about your hobby....not get yourself all worked up Murf....relax, you are among friends

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    I personally do not like locking threads . . . . even ones that I feel should be locked and booted for some reason or another.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Taking my meds.
    MURFDOG

Murf, thanks for takin' my comments in the spirit in which they were offered - it ain't easy sometimes! Lemme know iffen ya have any spare meds....ah'll spike ol' bonez' tea.....

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Murf, thanks for takin' my comments in the spirit in which they were offered - it ain't easy sometimes! Lemme know iffen ya have any spare meds....ah'll spike ol' bonez' tea.....
    Oh hell yeah!

For the record, I have not shut down any threads here. I think I've only jumped in on one or two since we started this place from a moderator standpoint. I travel lightly on TGT.

I rarely even intervene on my own forum.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I've been on forums with no control and it doesn't take long before there are only trolls hanging out on it.

The only threads I've seen locked down deserved it. It wasn't that individuals were NOT given a chance to present their opinions, it was that they wouldn't stop with the same opinion and just added more and more personal hate every time they posted.

Mark Twain said, "It's a difference of opinion that makes a horse race." Discussing differences in opinion is fine. When it moves from discussion to slander, it's best to throw a bucket of water on it.

wendyZXZ

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2009
    China Spring
    I moderate on one forum and have locked two threads. One got too personal with the insults with a comment about a man having his skirt blown up and into, and the other getting a little too much into what kind of violence would forum members engage in against the government. Both were NOT acceptable for the forum.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I moderate on one forum and have locked two threads. One got too personal with the insults with a comment about a man having his skirt blown up and into,.

... another forum you say?

let TR know, he's into guys with skirts
    ;)

wendyZXZ

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2009
    China Spring
    LOL. He is? Way TMI! I moderate on one of the Smith & Wesson forums, the smaller not the blue forum for that particular make of revolver. Fun group.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Love to shoot
    Top Bottom