• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    On TX36 just past downtown. The only sign I see is "Trump burger", Google shows it as "Trump burger of Bellville". I'm always headed through town in the am, so no cars in the lot made sense, but I could understand if closed. Was just curious.
    My wife has a horse in training in Belleville abd drives by it twice a week. Ill ask her if the barn bunch ever tried them when they all go to lunch.

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    On TX36 just past downtown. The only sign I see is "Trump burger", Google shows it as "Trump burger of Bellville". I'm always headed through town in the am, so no cars in the lot made sense, but I could understand if closed. Was just curious.

My wife has a horse in training in Belleville abd drives by it twice a week. Ill ask her if the barn bunch ever tried them when they all go to lunch.
    She said It's pretty good the burgers are great. The fries are really good.
    There's also lots of Trump themed T-shirts, and other stuff there.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    best of my knowledge no in- out burgers in east texas!
    That's true. What gets me is that there are no Carl Jr.s or Hardees in Tyler area. Closest one is at the Love's travel center in Van on the 20. Carls Jr has some decent fast food burgers and their biscuit breakfast sandwiches are good.

Tyler is a screwed up restaurant market...it makes no sense as to what is here and what is not

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Burgers used to be a cheap fast meal, now a Fofo fancy food. Those 25 cent Micky D burgers weren't bad but now you got to put a salad and bacon on them and charge 5$.

jwales

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2020
    DFW
    Trying to stay away from fast food. Last time at In-N-Out the fries were like the old "potato sticks in a can" from my youth.
    Doubtful I go back...unless the kids are just "dying for a Crabbie-Pattie" (look it up, SpongeBob ref).

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    I had a medium rare double double animal style this weekend because of this thread. 2:00pm and the place was packed; standing room only. $6 for the burger and a fountain drink. Crisp lettuce and pickles which I liked. Great burger but the packed dining room and 40-car line at the drive thru is what puts me off most about In N Out. The good news is I did have my burger in about 7 minutes, I've never liked their fries.

And yes, I know I can make a bigger/better/cheaper burger at home but its not often when I make burgers I caramelize onions and break out the thousand island with lettuce, pickles, onion, and just make 1 for myself. Plus this thread had me thinking about innout haha.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Sponge Bob, my Grands laugh out loud wonderful silliness cartoon favorites, that I rather enjoyed watching too...along with The Simpsons and Bear Grills saying Britisms like 'slippy-ee' rather than slippery...

Now, of course, they're all grown up and I...miss them.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    I had a medium rare double double animal style this weekend because of this thread. 2:00pm and the place was packed; standing room only. $6 for the burger and a fountain drink. Crisp lettuce and pickles which I liked. Great burger but the packed dining room and 40-car line at the drive thru is what puts me off most about In N Out. The good news is I did have my burger in about 7 minutes, I've never liked their fries.

And yes, I know I can make a bigger/better/cheaper burger at home but its not often when I make burgers I caramelize onions and break out the thousand island with lettuce, pickles, onion, and just make 1 for myself. Plus this thread had me thinking about innout haha.
    That's not a bad price. I like Dan's here in Austin. A double meat double cheese is ~$7. Curly fries bumps it up to 11ish.

When you consider cost it can be hard to argue against some fast food prices if you're cooking for one. A local taco place makes a red salsa I love. All the ingredients are fire roasted. A large salsa from them is $8. It's a little smaller than a pint. The cost for me to buy onions, garlic cloves, peppers, tomatoes and cilantro is over $8. Then I spend the time fire roasting the items and making the apt smell like smoke. Yes I get ~2 pints of salsa. But I'm usual not going to use the 2 pints before it starts to go bad. So I buy the salsa from them every few weeks. I have not done the same cost analysis for a burger so I'm not sure if it translates the same for a burger. I'm assuming most people are not making a smaller smash style burger at home. I know I don't.

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    Sorry I was mistaken its was $7.58 for the burger and soda. Was just doing some banking and found it in my account.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Man, I would love to find a local place up here like Dan's is down there. Those are burgers worth going out of your way for. Good fries, too. And the shakes...
    I use to prefer Dirty Martin's over Dan's. But since they reopened after covid Dirty's does not taste the same. Dirty's tastes healthy now compared to Dan's. Lol. Maybe they cleaned the griddle when they were closed.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I use to prefer Dirty Martin's over Dan's. But since they reopened after covid Dirty's does not taste the same. Dirty's tastes healthy now compared to Dan's. Lol. Maybe they cleaned the griddle when they were closed.

Well, now you've got me craving a bacon cheeseburger and a shake from Dan's. And the nearest Dan's is...191 miles away.

Top Bottom