• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    That's not a bad price. I like Dan's here in Austin. A double meat double cheese is ~$7. Curly fries bumps it up to 11ish.

When you consider cost it can be hard to argue against some fast food prices if you're cooking for one. A local taco place makes a red salsa I love. All the ingredients are fire roasted. A large salsa from them is $8. It's a little smaller than a pint. The cost for me to buy onions, garlic cloves, peppers, tomatoes and cilantro is over $8. Then I spend the time fire roasting the items and making the apt smell like smoke. Yes I get ~2 pints of salsa. But I'm usual not going to use the 2 pints before it starts to go bad. So I buy the salsa from them every few weeks. I have not done the same cost analysis for a burger so I'm not sure if it translates the same for a burger. I'm assuming most people are not making a smaller smash style burger at home. I know I don't.
    True. Sometimes eating out is just cheaper depending on what it is. My wife won't eat leftovers and we don't have kids so doubly true for us. $24.99 16oz steak dinner with all the fixins at Texas Roadhouse is pretty reasonable when you're pricing out ribeyes in the meat case.
    Texas SOT

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Well, now you've got me craving a bacon cheeseburger and a shake from Dan's. And the nearest Dan's is...191 miles away.
    I won't show you the actual bacon double cheeseburger. I'm not a total A hole.
    20230502_185256~2.jpg

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County

mmcbeat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2018
    Fort Worth
    As far as fast food goes, I like In-N-Out. About a mile from me there is a fast food row. In-N-Out, McD’s, Wendy, Whataburger, Five Guys, and Sonic are almost within spittin’ distance of each other. Google and Yelp reviews are 2-3 stars for all except In-N-Out and Five Guys, both of which are high 4’s. Not surprising, they have better food but Five Guys is way overpriced. Just don’t over expect for fast food and In-N-Out is good. Just get the fries ”animal style” and all is good.

Last edited:

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    True. Sometimes eating out is just cheaper depending on what it is. My wife won't eat leftovers and we don't have kids so doubly true for us. $24.99 16oz steak dinner with all the fixins at Texas Roadhouse is pretty reasonable when you're pricing out ribeyes in the meat case.
    Not when I can get rib eye or Tbone steaks on sale for $6/lb.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    When I drove by In n out last night around 10pm the drive through line was out to the street. At least 15 cars. I was surprised. I still don't get it

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Roscoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Magnolia
    Our local Whataburger has an excellent Patty Melt with bacon.
    The bacon ranch burger at the local Chili's is excellent.

Top Bottom