• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    In n out is not a bad place. There are just too many better options. The market is saturated with burger joints.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Lynx Defense

Last edited:

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    The two times I have been to in and out . I asked for my fries well done, then they were normal crispy I am a meat. cheese and bun type of guy so they are not worth the wait. JLB eatery or Joy Love burger by me has the best Burgers hands down around me.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    QFT. Absolutely. Every time.

Krispy Kreme, Dunkin, all the big chain names disappoint if you have a local mom & pop that closes at 1pm but has a line out the door at 5am.

Honestly the first thing I do when I walk in the door of a donut shop is look for a calendar with Korean text on it. If I see one then I can be pretty sure the donuts will be good, and I'll say "kamse-hamnida" when they bag 'em up and hand them to me.

Cool 'Horn Luke

Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2022
    Corsicana, TX
    If you are talking about the Trump Cafe, I think that place closed down
    On TX36 just past downtown. The only sign I see is "Trump burger", Google shows it as "Trump burger of Bellville". I'm always headed through town in the am, so no cars in the lot made sense, but I could understand if closed. Was just curious.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    I started this thread as a lark to show one more example of the craziness in California; it just happened to be an In-N-Out.

I have an old friend who married a daughter of one of the original founders from the Snyder family. The family still owns the business and, as mentioned, they are conservative Christians. As a side note, my parents’ house in Baldwin Park, CA was 3 blocks from the original In-N-Out which is still there.

Like McDonalds, the family chose a unique menu with limited items and rode it to success. The burgers are basic and the fries are designed to be non greasy which most of us find to be bland and tasteless. Regardless, like KFC or Taco Bell, they capitalize on filling a niche. For decades, they never opened outside of Southern California. My friend said the original founders never saw a benefit to taking on stores more than a 4-5 hour drive away and dealing with the labor, logistics and competition in new areas. After all, they had more wealth than they could ever use and the Southern California location kept their sense of family. It was only when the granddaughter took over that the full scale expansion into other states began.

Things to note:

- the staff at In-N-Out are selected carefully and most are head and shoulders above other fast food restaurants

- store managers at In-N-Out work on generous bonus programs and most earn well over $100K a year

As for me, I don’t see the hype but, then again, there is not a fast food burger that I would cross the street for. I prefer burgers from real restaurants and often order them at places like Texas Roadhouse, Longhorn or Saltgrass

Top Bottom