• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Old Man of the Mountain

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    First off, I am a big time biever in having a CHL.

I understand why people are buying guns and ammo because of the election. I get that.

As I understand it since the election, there alot more people getting their CHL, and I am assuming the election is the cause.

I just don't get why the election would cause people to get their CHL.

Anyone have any ideas or thoughts.

Sorry if this was in the wrong area.

Thanks.

I keep hearing that 40,000 white women get raped per year (don't know about the rest of the women).

Plus there are drive by's, car jackings, robberies, home invasions, muggings, random murders of strangers (a couple even in this small town), millions of lawless criminal alien invaders, known terrorists allowed to roam freely, thousands of persons that just go missing every year.

I can't think of a good reason to not have one.

I think it was mostly the millions of criminal alien invaders and known terrorists which the Washington Government prevents us from dealing with that drove the sudden CHL rush.

Plus the Washington Gun Grabbers might declare that there shall be no further CHL's issued- it would be just like the Commie scum!
    Lynx Defense

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Even if there are 2% or 10% of people with CHL's, I don't think most of those people, especially the newer ones, carry very often. I'm only just now starting to carry most all the time. It took me a while to find the right set up.

smschulz

Paid for CUT
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    I just took a CHL class a couple of days ago and now I need to send the paperwork in.

The reason isn't that I plan on carrying, it is because I wanted to add to the numbers of CHL holders. The more honest, law abiding, voting citizens who do this, the less likely any politician is going to risk losing an election because of an anti-gun platform.
    So why won't you carry?
    We are a safer society when more law-abiding-citezens actually carry.
    A CHL alone does nothing to protect anyone ~ it's not a bullet proof vest.

LittleGun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2008
    Spring/Houston
    I consider CHL a natural part of gun ownership. If I go through the trouble of learning to shoot, buying a gun, and taking regular training, I want to carry my gun as much as possible. My gun has become part of my tool set, like having a cell phone, a flashlight, or a pocket knife.

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    My wife and I want to take our CHL ASAP. Unfortunately, I found out that I have some unpaid income taxes from Cali on my credit report as a lien. Crap!!! I've always paid my taxes on time, but when we moved here we got caught up in everything it completely slipped my mind. I've gotta take care of that so I can get my CHL.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    My wife and I want to take our CHL ASAP. Unfortunately, I found out that I have some unpaid income taxes from Cali on my credit report as a lien. Crap!!! I've always paid my taxes on time, but when we moved here we got caught up in everything it completely slipped my mind. I've gotta take care of that so I can get my CHL.

Bummer. Are you sure that will exclude you from being able to obtain your license?

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I think that carrying is a normal part of owning a handgun. But I'm seeing the CHL process as a bureaucratic piece of work. I suppose I am irritated about having to retake my prints and pay a little more money.

I'm probably impatient but I don't see the point of sending me back to middle school when I have already graduated college. What I mean is, I've been carrying for years in another state where a permit required an application, a $60 fee and fingerprints. Several weeks later, I'm permitted with card in hand. Still am. That permit is valid.

TX CHL weeds out people, at least on paper it does. It's been feeling a lot like the CHL process is there to make gun-squeamish people happy that all us gun nuts across the state have been made safe and get approval. I find that condescending. Especially since I've had "approval" long before TX. Not to mention I'm paying for it out of my pocket in order to give someone else peace of mind. $140 fee, $70 class, $20 ammo, $10 finger reprints, $14 certified mail fees, and the standard wait time. Don't forget DHs CHL fees too.

Geez, I woke up on the wrong side of the bed today. I need more coffee...where's that darn coffee emoticon....

While I can appreciate the need to compromise and run through the wash to prove our ability to carry a gun, I think gun-carrying Texans are doing more than needs to be required.

Offhand, I would like to see the official numbers of effectiveness of the safety and background check aspect as far as weeding out those that are attempting to get a CHL who shouldn't. If there are tests to pass, with fees, I would like to see all the good that these tests are doing(background checks and fingerprints, not shooters qual). Show me why you need my money Texas. Show me why you need my fingerprints Texas.

Texas CHL, I would like to audit you

...boy Tuesday is going to be one of those days...

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas

Unless something has changed recently, the only unpaid taxes that will affect your CHL are those owed to Texas.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Even if there are 2% or 10% of people with CHL's, I don't think most of those people, especially the newer ones, carry very often. I'm only just now starting to carry most all the time. It took me a while to find the right set up.

We are fairly new "serious" gun owners. Even though we travel across counties lines, have the right to carry in our vehicles, and have the equipment, we aren't real quick to carry. However, as each day passes, we are becoming more comfortable with the idea of guns in our every day life and on person possession.

The wife and I would like to get a CHL soon, but are letting all this new info sink in. It's a huge responsibility.

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    We are fairly new "serious" gun owners. Even though we travel across counties lines, have the right to carry in our vehicles, and have the equipment, we aren't real quick to carry. However, as each day passes, we are becoming more comfortable with the idea of guns in our every day life and on person possession.

The wife and I would like to get a CHL soon, but are letting all this new info sink in. It's a huge responsibility.

Dying at the hands of an illegal alien or drug-crazed criminal is a bigger responsibility!

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    This thread has taken a weird turn..............................that is all I'm going to say.

Old Man of the Mountain

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009

Then just join the Commiefornia Tax Revolt.

Commiefornia estimated that the invading criminal aliens will cost about fifteen billion dollars in free give aways, so the Communists in charge just raised the tax bill to Citizens by that same amount.

I don't know why, but now some of the Citizens out there woke up, who would have thought that was even possible in Commiefornia?

Welcome to Texas!

Please help us prevent the insane situation of Commiefornia from happening here!

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    I have a CHL, but all my guns were lost in the aforementioned boating accident.

This boating accident I keep reading about. Does it matter if it's in saltwater or freshwater? I usually fish in saltwater. ;)

VETTKLR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    TX Panhandle
    This boating accident I keep reading about. Does it matter if it's in saltwater or freshwater? I usually fish in saltwater. ;)

That would be awful to lose them in a saltwater environment!!! ;)

My opinion on the CHL is this:

"It's better to Have and not Need, than to Need and not Have."

:cool:

I just passed the 9-week mark on waiting for mine to arrive...the website still says that it's being processed. :banghead:

Top Bottom