Why the big rush for concealed carry?

Texas42

TGT Addict
Nov 21, 2008
Texas
First off, I am a big time biever in having a CHL.

I understand why people are buying guns and ammo because of the election. I get that.

As I understand it since the election, there alot more people getting their CHL, and I am assuming the election is the cause.

I just don't get why the election would cause people to get their CHL.

Anyone have any ideas or thoughts.

Sorry if this was in the wrong area.

Thanks.

onac255

Mar 2, 2008
El Paso, TX
I don't think it has to do with the election as much as it does with the economy people are losing jobs and therefore people may think that others may get desperate and resort to crime.

GM.Chief

Well-Known
Mar 16, 2009
I don't think it has to do with the election as much as it does with the economy people are losing jobs and therefore people may think that others may get desperate and resort to crime.[/quote]

Unfortunately, it has turned out this way. The subdivision I live in has had several break-ins recently. And three banks on woodlands pkwy were all robbed at gun point during the first week of this month. But I also think that a big part of it is that everyone is worried that new legislation will pass banning new issuances of chl, and are hoping to be ok if they already have one. I'm out in california right now and alot of people were signing up to get their ccw just for that reason. Paranoia makes the world go round...well, I hope they're just paranoid....lol

Jeff B

May 28, 2008
Flower Mound, TX
I think there may be some feeling that the new Administration may try to implement some sort of moratorium on new CHL's as they try to figure out how to ban concealed carry on a nationwide basis.

That said, I think that the general uptrend in CHL applicants and licensees is in large part due to concerns about personal safety and protection.

Jeff B.

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
Feb 29, 2008
DFW area.....Wylie.
I have to think that part of it goes back to the election. There are so many new gun owners now. It is well documented that guns are selling at a feverish pace, much more so than the previous 8 years. Of these new gun owners, some will elect to have a CHL. I think this influx of additional applicants, coupled with a slow response by DPS to add additional reviewers has created the extended turnaround time people are seeing now. It was never a fast process, I think my first CHL took about 8 weeks.

CALI

Dec 19, 2008
Round Rock
and every fees that you pay is at a half price (renewal).

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member