Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    CZ 75 or variant
    1911 in 9mm
    Walther PPQ
    Walther Q Match
    S&W M&P 2.0 Models
    Pretty much any Glock
    Bersa Thunder Pro XT - Is a 5" (4.9") barrel basic competition gun that comes with (5) mags. - I have owned two Bersa 9mm pistols and have never had a problem with them at all. A bit hefty in weight, steel frames, to mitigate some recoil, and easy to rack the slide. As well as the easiest of any pistol I've ever owned to field strip.

From all I've heard and read, the Canik line are good too.
    Texas SOT

Shuutr

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 29, 2012
    austin
    I don’t know what is involved with competitions, but the CZ75 is heavy and ergonomic depending on your wife’s hand size. The CZp10c is great and CZ makes a few poly that surely have a great trigger.

My wife likes her Bersa and they make a few models. Her fave is a .380 but I owned (and sold when I thinned my collection) a Bersa Pro 9mm. It has a little weight, a good trigger and intuitive controls.

Another smooth shooting ergonomic poly is Walter PPQ. They make some match grade models.

Shuutr

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 29, 2012
    austin
    CZ 75 or variant
    1911 in 9mm
    Walther PPQ
    Walther Q Match
    S&W M&P 2.0 Models
    Pretty much any Glock
    Bersa Thunder Pro XT - Is a 5" (4.9") barrel basic competition gun that comes with (5) mags. - I have owned two Bersa 9mm pistols and have never had a problem with them at all. A bit hefty in weight, steel frames, to mitigate some recoil, and easy to rack the slide. As well as the easiest of any pistol I've ever owned to field strip.

From all I've heard and read, the Canik line are good too.

Yeah. What this guy said.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    I got a lot of suggestions in one of my threads I started with being concerned about the mag release as a lefty. People suggested the paddle mag release style.

My issue was that I didn’t want to switch over the mag release button on my Glock 34 because I had to share it with righties in the family. You guys may not have that concern. I’ll dig up my thread from a few months ago I started so I can see if I can link it with all the good recommendations.

Here is the thread where I got a lot of good suggestions for a competition gun, that was lefty friendly:

https://www.texasguntalk.com/threads/left-handed-mag-release-strategy.84423/

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Hey, at least I remembered that you all took the trouble to make them for me and I knew where to find them again.

Can’t help it if I am a Glock lover and poor to boot. When was the last time I got a new gun? 2017?!? Hummph.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Hey, at least I remembered that you all took the trouble to make them for me and I knew where to find them again.

Can’t help it if I am a Glock lover and poor to boot. When was the last time I got a new gun? 2017?!? Hummph.
    You act like we all run around buying guns all the time.

Well, OK, maybe we do.

TxStetson

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Hey TxS did anything turn up on the gun taken in your move?
    No Sir. Hasn’t been found yet. But the movers took $800 off the price, and I bought a replacement. It’s a Springfield Range Officer Champion Elite. Unfortunately I can’t replace the grips that I had on the old one.

Attachments

• 60D87C86-8D99-4898-8672-325375275479.jpeg
      60D87C86-8D99-4898-8672-325375275479.jpeg
      1.9 MB · Views: 204
    • B0A40EA1-D4A9-45A2-9E33-7D82A1F1E6B5.jpeg
      B0A40EA1-D4A9-45A2-9E33-7D82A1F1E6B5.jpeg
      1.9 MB · Views: 216

digger

Curmudgeon
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    West Texas
    No Sir. Hasn’t been found yet. But the movers took $800 off the price, and I bought a replacement. It’s a Springfield Range Officer Champion Elite. Unfortunately I can’t replace the grips that I had on the old one.

Well it's always possible. Read about a 1911 that resurfaced in Parker county after something like 20 years IRC. Just realized never heard a result to the loss. Good luck.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Here is what you need. This was a Davidson's special at Shot a few years back. RIA Tactical in 9mm with VZ grips and HiViz site. I am a lefty and this came with an ambi safety. They were selling them for $369 so I grabbed one.
    Full barrel, all metal gun with a slim grip that would be a good IDPA gun.
    bec72ee64b2c61253348068f6c6262f9.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Was just gonna say good grief my Glock 34 was a smidge more than a third of that price (scholastic pistol program got the price down close to $500) and I love it just fine.

ekim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2018
    ky

Why can't they be replaced?

TxStetson

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    They were actually the grips from a Sig Gold Texas edition 1911 that were given to me by a friend that didn’t like them. They were awesome grips, just enough texture to grip my calloused hands, but smooth enough not to tear up the skin on my hip. Sig doesn’t sell them seperately, and I’m not buying a $1,700 1911 to take the grips off.

ekim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2018
    ky
    They were actually the grips from a Sig Gold Texas edition 1911 that were given to me by a friend that didn’t like them. They were awesome grips, just enough texture to grip my calloused hands, but smooth enough not to tear up the skin on my hip. Sig doesn’t sell them seperately, and I’m not buying a $1,700 1911 to take the grips off.

Sorry, didn't know no one makes custom grips any more.

Top Bottom