• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 69ChevelleLSX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2019
    Texas
    Read a little about Allen West… it reminds me of Obama a good talker. He wants to eliminate property tax. And have a “consumption” tax yeah no thanks.
    He also claims he will not have a income tax.
    That’s going to be a lie. Once he figures out his consumption tax will get bypassed. Then we will have a income tax, consumption tax.
    Target Sports

BillM

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    TX
    So, are you implying that West is above doing things due to political motivations? He is the same as the rest of politicians to at least some degree. He is no white knight (no pun intended) in shining armor come to save the day based solely upon his idealism. He is a politician and thus has political motivations for what he does within the realm of politics. Of course, he likely also has political convictions that are based upon his ideals and upon practicality and for the good of the people but then again I would not hesitate to guess that Abbott is likewise in that regard. You essentially mentioned once or twice in the opening post that you are basing your vote upon your opinion of what you think or believe were the motivations of Abbott. Thinking/believing/having an opinion is very different than knowing because of having evidence that supports your beliefs, with at a minimum a preponderance of the evidence. As for myself, I will be doing some good deal of checking up on both candidates and giving a lot of thought as to for whom I will vote in the gubernatorial primary on March 1, 2022.

After the primary, as I see things right now, I would not hesitate to vote for Abbott if he wins the primary vote nor would I hesitate to vote for West if he does likewise.

Of course if it leaks out that West told his wife to go out and drive while acting as if she were drunk, so as to get herself arrested, so he could then make a politically motivated stink about it (as a dastardly attention getting ploy) - well, he'd probably still get my vote (if he wins the primary) because he'd be better still than any demoncrat or third party option:rolleyes:. All kidding aside, what that translates to, in a serious way, is I am a dyed in the wool cynic and I do not trust him any more or less than I trust any other politician to do something almost totally driven by the purely egotistical need to win an election for the sake winning that seems to drive many if not most politicians. The same goes for my potential vote for Abbott even though he shutdown some businesses and even though that, as you suspect, may have had purely political motivations to garner him votes.

As for saying the police made a false arrest of West's wife; that it was a false arrest seems doubtful if this article is correct. That stands even if the police were mistaken by thinking she was inebriated. That West's reply to may well have been politically driven possibly can be surmised by his calling it "insidious". He did not call it mistaken, he did not call it a legal arrest based upon probable cause - heck, he did not even allow for any possibility of it having been a legal arrest but attacked the police by use of that word. Thus, in sum & substance, he attacked the integrity of the arresting officers and their department by way of his response. That was maybe either a ridiculous hot headed thing to say based upon his emotions of the moment or maybe was a calculated political statement made to draw more attention to him, even if after the fact, to get the situation more attention and thus get him more attention as the wronged downtrodden political candidate in the hope of garnering him more votes. The truth is that if the police had probable cause to make the arrest, and after reading the linked article I have to say they certainly had it if what was said in the article is true such as having observed Mrs. West driving in a dangerous or unsteady manner over the right shoulder, her stopping in the center lane, her not following police instructions at first by not immediately poulling onto a side street, her failure of some of the field sobriety tests and so on - then it was not a false arrest but merely a legal arrest that was based upon probable cause based upon evidence that was later proven wrong. To say it was insidious, such as something that amounted to treachery or that it was something that had was unnoticed but had a harmful effect over time was seemingly either a misuse of the word or possibly was motivated either by emotions or politics or both.
    Yeah, that article says so, so it must be true.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Texas Scorecard did some great interviews with the primary candidates. Abbott, of course, declined.

At this point, even if Abbott won the primary, I would not vote for him. He betrayed his party platform and Texas citizens for his own ambitions. He's no better than any Democrat.

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk
    Which democrat would have allowed the heartbeat bill to become law,
    or signed the psuedo-constitutional carry law
    Or opened up Texas (yeah...after closing it)
    Or blocked vax mandates
    Or blocked governmental mask mandates?

He ain't perfect and I am strongly inclined to push him right by voting for someone else in the primary, but there is no way I would risk a democrat/commie taking that office from a even mediocre right leaning (at worst) candidate.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Which democrat would have allowed the heartbeat bill to become law,
    or signed the psuedo-constitutional carry law
    Or opened up Texas (yeah...after closing it)
    Or blocked vax mandates
    Or blocked governmental mask mandates?

He ain't perfect and I am strongly inclined to push him right by voting for someone else in the primary, but there is no way I would risk a democrat/commie taking that office from a even mediocre right leaning (at worst) candidate.

Thank you.

Democrats like Whitmer and Newsom have made anything Abbot has done look like child's play in comparison.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    IMO he was talking about the thugs at DPD. Can't say I blame him. People should not let police get away with unconstitutional arrests.
    That was a good arrest and you can read my logic and explanations in the thread for it.

The short answer is it looked like a great arrest. There was PC for it which is the basis of judgment for whether an arrest was good or not. Later, additional evidence came out and there was no chance of proof beyond a reasonable doubt and charges were dropped. That charges were dropped has ZERO to do with whether it was a good arrest.

Based on what I saw from the video I would have likely made the arrest and would have been flabbergasted if an arrest hadn't been made.

What is your training in SFSTs and their interpretation?
    How many SFSTs have you conducted?
    How many arrests for non-alcohol/polydrug intoxication have you made?

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Then why would you vote like a Californian.

Try reading.....it's fundamental.....

You know....just because you don't vote for Abbott doesn't mean you're forced to vote for the Democrat. If you don't support either, don't vote for either one.

....or did you think Schwarzenegger was really a conservative?

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    That was a good arrest and you can read my logic and explanations in the thread for it.

The short answer is it looked like a great arrest. There was PC for it which is the basis of judgment for whether an arrest was good or not. Later, additional evidence came out and there was no chance of proof beyond a reasonable doubt and charges were dropped. That charges were dropped has ZERO to do with whether it was a good arrest.

Based on what I saw from the video I would have likely made the arrest and would have been flabbergasted if an arrest hadn't been made.

I will agree that it was good right up to “I smell alcohol” that was a lie, told by a lying stasi wannabe.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I will agree that it was good right up to “I smell alcohol” that was a lie, told by a lying stasi wannabe.
    Agreed. There was no need to smell anything on that.

Given the arresting officer was one Field Training I am inclined to think he was simply mistaken about something he did smell, but it certainly taints it. I've smelled and seen lots of things I THINK are something, but would never put it in an affidavit unless I KNEW.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Your total anti-blue attitude is duly noted
    Hoji isn't anti-cop. He justifiably questions how an officer smelt "X" when it was shown she hadn't consumed any "X".

He could have lied.

She could have spilt some on her

He could have simply been mistaken due to inexperience.

Hoji leans towards the former, I lean towards the later.

If the officer believed she was drunk and smelled perfume, a fruity drink, a burb... without critical evaluation I can see confirmation bias assigning the smell to "booze", much like when you are hunting and hear a big buck or hog, only to realize it was a bushy-tailed tree rat or an armadillo...

BillM

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    TX

Now now, don't destroy the mesenger. :)

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    People were tired of 8 years of Obama. Trump comes along and people were looking for a change. He was elected. Many people did not like Trump and refused to vote for him or even vote. Trump loses his second term election (still debatable) to Biden. This is where we are now.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

An arrest isn't a conviction. From what I saw of the video, there was probable cause for a stop and an arrest. Later Mrs. West was exonerated for not being under the influence from testing. But still there was an underlying cause for her erratic driving. The officer observed her driving and stopped her. I don't see that as being a politically motivated unconstitutional arrest in any way.

I'll also give the officer the benefit of the doubt on the "smelling alcohol" as well, due to inexperience and perception.

BillM

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    TX
    People were tired of 8 years of Obama. Trump comes along and people were looking for a change. He was elected. Many people did not like Trump and refused to vote for him or even vote. Trump loses his second term election (still debatable) to Biden. This is where we are now.
    Many don't think he lost. I don't. IMO, only a complete fool would have voted for Biden. Either that or traitors.

BillM

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    TX
    I'll also give the officer the benefit of the doubt on the "smelling alcohol" as well, due to inexperience and perception.
    Yes, that was a good one. He smelled something proven to not have been there.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Yes, that was a good one. He smelled something proven to not have been there.
    Try doing some reading before jumping to conclusions. The officer was female!

And the officer may have thought she did smell alcohol. And since the justice system worked quite well in this case, Mrs. West was exonerated and the charges dropped.

So you think drunk drivers should get a pass? That they shouldn't be stopped? How many DWI's have you had now? Seems as if you are trying really hard to justify drunk driving.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Like it or not, not voting in the primary DOES help the Dem candidate. And if a Dem candidate wins you can expect it to fire up the Dem party to a point they will send campaign money to Texas in amounts never before seen in this nations history sweeping up the uneducated voters who see nothing more than the campaign ads.

You will see this Covid emergency crap extended indefinitely and used to push economy crushing EOs and requirements similar to those seen in New York and California. You’ll see LE ordered to help enforce federal mask and vax mandates instead of EOs signed to push against them (even weakly).

So sure, if Abbott wins the primary you can abstain and claim the moral high ground. Not sure what good it will do as our economy crumbles and the state is flooded with illegal immigrants who’s children the Dems will farm for votes based on fears that their parents will be deported. Texas will go blue, and the far left will take over DC with no chance that anyone right of center left even coming close to a win.

But at least you didn’t vote for dirty old Abbott in the general election, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Love to shoot
    Top Bottom