Lynx Defense

Would you risk going to jail to protect fellow synagogue- or church- or mosque-goers or other house of worshipers?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    From the Bearing Arms blog is a piece quoting the Jewish Telegraphic Agency article that some Jews do not comply with newest ban on concealed firearms in house of worship. "They’re risking a felony charge in order to ensure an armed response to any attack on their synagogue or the worshippers inside."

“I carry 24/7 wherever I go,” the Orange County [NY} man said. “I believe that law is illegal, not me. History has shown us that when Jews are not being allowed to defend themselves, this can lead to bad outcomes.”

Considering the persecution of Jews and other faiths forever in human history that's drawing a line.
    Gun Zone Deals

Attachments

• ezgif-3-f40451fc21.jpg
      ezgif-3-f40451fc21.jpg
      291.6 KB · Views: 79

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    From the Bearing Arms blog is a piece quoting the Jewish Telegraphic Agency article that some Jews do not comply with newest ban on concealed firearms in house of worship. "They’re risking a felony charge in order to ensure an armed response to any attack on their synagogue or the worshippers inside."

“I carry 24/7 wherever I go,” the Orange County [NY} man said. “I believe that law is illegal, not me. History has shown us that when Jews are not being allowed to defend themselves, this can lead to bad outcomes.”

Considering the persecution of Jews and other faiths forever in human history that's drawing a line.
    I'm a Native Texan, and I'm an Orthodox Jew. There are a LOT of guns being carried in every Orthodox Synagogue in Texas!
    The recent changes in NY are a VERY hot topic in the Orthodox Jewish community, Jews are constantly the target of hate crimes in the 'Tri-State Area' (NY/NJ/CT) and most are understandably upset with being stripped of their right to defend themselves. A generation ago, there would have been marches in the streets due to similarities with laws passed in Europe in the 1930s - but that memory has faded.
    There is an increasing Jewish migration out of the NYC metro area, things like this are only increasing the rate.

Eli

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    I truly feel sorry for the folks stuck in those areas where they have to make a choice between their religious practices and their ability to defend themselves and their loved ones. I guess being in TX and not much of a formal religious practitioner, my choices are very much simplified.

People of the community need to simply play the same time as bangers. We didn’t see nothing. He ran that way… and so on.

I guess there might be another way, but the churches would need to get off the tax teet and declare themselves as clubs to circumvent these laws. Once you let government in, they destroy stuff jiffy quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Jews are constantly the target of hate crimes in the 'Tri-State Area' (NY/NJ/CT)

That's a multi generational, multi layered problem. Just to touch lightly upon the subject (that article was written by Jewish author, so it doesn't speak of the ultra Hassidic nutbags that wanna act as decency police):

Top Bottom