DK Firearms

Would you risk going to jail to protect fellow synagogue- or church- or mosque-goers or other house of worshipers?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    The liberal states and cities pass these kinds of laws for one reason only; to put the fear of the government into honest citizens. Their philosophy is that once they make an example of a couple of decent folks, the rest will fall in line.
    DK Firearms

Johnny Diamond

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    US
    Individually no problems, in 2012 when my previous wife died my stylist was talking to me about how I was doing, her next client overheard an example of "fine people" I've defended verbally many times since then, put together a basket of items and brought it to my stylist to give to me.....(I ran a automotive business at the time and needed to look presentable to my largely old lady clientele) I thanked her for her kindness through my stylist, however I have issues with those in Rome and those that tow the political line of same..... now I feel that this has gone way beyond were it should have you have my apologies if I have offended you personally.
    I will not change my opinion about Islam and will not offer anything towards it, ""again way to much for this forum and topic.""

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    And what if your were on the jury with someone accused of carrying a gun in church/synagogue/mosque/temple where the NY law says you can't:
    1. But there was no defensive use of firearm. Just that accused was just seen with gun and arrested
    2. Or accused used firearm in a lawful defensive manner per state law to stop the immediate threat of death or serious bodily harm to self or others. In other words nothing wrong no charges for defensive use of firearms that saved lives. Like the West Freeway Church of Christ in White Settlement 2019. Or Greenwood Mall shooting 2022 which stopped bad guy from 40yds. But jury has to decide on charges with having gun where not allowed.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    And what if your were on the jury with someone accused of carrying a gun in church/synagogue/mosque/temple where the NY law says you can't:
    1. But there was no defensive use of firearm. Just that accused was just seen with gun and arrested
    2. Or accused used firearm in a lawful defensive manner per state law to stop the immediate threat of death or serious bodily harm to self or others. In other words nothing wrong no charges for defensive use of firearms that saved lives. Like the West Freeway Church of Christ in White Settlement 2019. Or Greenwood Mall shooting 2022 which stopped bad guy from 40yds. But jury has to decide on charges with having gun where not allowed.

Jury Nullification.....it's a thing.

KJQ6945

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Ben Wheeler
    Greenwood mall shooting doesn’t count. It was against the malls rules to carry a gun, but not against the law.

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Laws and rules and policies that disarm people are immoral and should be treated as such. Laws against the carrying of weapons flies in the face of the Constitution - the fact that SCOTUS went soft and said, despite the clear language of the 2A, that there *could* be infringements and "sensitive place" prohibitions doesn't make it any more constitutional, SCOTUS can be wrong.

IF I were on a jury, there is no way I'm voting to convict on *any* charge of unlawful carrying of a weapon - even if its a felon with a history of violence. I'll vote to convict on assault, murder, etc if evidence proves it - but I will never vote to convict anyone for ever carrying a weapon, no matter where and who that weapon is being carried by and to.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Same thing that would have happened had I been seated on the jury I was called for that had an assault with a deadly weapon charge. If guilty I’ll convict in the assault, but not on the qualifier; stick, stone, pipe or gun makes none difference to me.

On a charge of using a weapon when the king forbids it? Never would get a conviction from me.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    As another commented jury nullification would likely be the order of the day. Of course the accused would be out time, arrest, money for lawyer etc etc. Better to not have been arrested in first place. And that might well be the case just now.

Good news from the Four Boxes Diner YouTube channel. A federal judge in NY has enjoined the state [Oct 2022] from enforcing part of the law prohibiting guns in place of worship with a temporary restraining order. More news later

CPTKILLER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Gatesville, TX
    Yes of course. This is my belief.

Luke 22:36-38
    36 He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. 37 It is written: ‘And he was numbered with the transgressors’ and I tell you that this must be fulfilled in me. Yes, what is written about me is reaching its fulfillment.”

38 The disciples said, “See, Lord, here are two swords.”
    “That’s enough!” he replied.

Top Bottom