• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Miloe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    DFW
    Wait...
    Goat getting busy with a chicken on your forehead tat is bad?
    DAMNIT
    Where was this info 45 minutes ago?
    Guess now I gotta wear a do rag everywhere, lol.
    Lynx Defense

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    There doesn't need to be a comparison. Nobody would know if someone had a tattoo in an office environment unless they say they had one.

it really isnt about ability to perform - its about the impression you make/dont make on the guy/gal hiring you

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I read through the thread and was amazed about the posts that cursed another member over a tattoo! You guys must not have enough to do if you get your panties in a wad over tattoos!

You REALLY need to visit a Texas prison........not the state jails but a real "ID" (Institutional Division) full sized prison. Almost every offender in the lockup has tattoos and some have the worst skin art on the planet! Imagine having a terrible looking tattoo and looking at that SOB for the rest of your life!

If YOU want a tattoo or a PILE of tattoos, then get the Hell after it. It's your choice and your right to choose.

I was in a Golden Corral before I retired and a nice looking man was being interviewed for a job while I was there. The boss lady said that she couldn't hire him with the visible tattoos on his arms. She sent him packing. It's something to consider.

None for me, thanks!

Flash

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    If you get tats people WILL judge you by them if they find out. Your are painting permanent pictures on your body, why would anyone NOT judge you by how you choose to represent yourself.

I don't mean that as an insult, and NOWHERE in this thread has anyone said it would effect someone's ability to do a job, unless the tat is visible and the person has to deal directly with customers.

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    What I hate is that now days about ALL of the professional basketball and football players are covered in tattoos. Most of these guys are nothing but overpaid thugs (IMO) and our young kids are trying to emulate everything they do. Too bad they aren't held to higher standards in regards to the way they look (hair included) both on and off the field.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    What I hate is that now days about ALL of the professional basketball and football players are covered in tattoos. Most of these guys are nothing but overpaid thugs (IMO) and our young kids are trying to emulate everything they do. Too bad they aren't held to higher standards in regards to the way they look (hair included) both on and off the field.

Completely agree.

Some of the most influential role models in many kids lives and completely ignore the responsibility that goes along with that.

Not all, but many do.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    Garland, Tx
    Lets face it...wether the op tatt is real or not...where it is located no one will see it unless he/she shows up for a job interview nude or at least shirtless...and why does a tatt make everyone judge them. Its not my place to judge and if u want ink go for it. None of us are here to judge the other.

sent from wherever I'm at

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Well I've even read news outlets stuff where they even say tattoos aren't a big deal anymore. Everyone is gettin tattooed do you realize how many doctors, lawyers, teachers are covered in tattoos? Guess what they do there job the same and no one cares, and if you do it YOUR problem for judging someone. There's people at my old church COVERED in tattoos and I'd bet money they are 100 times better people judging them. I have zero tattoos don't plan on getting the first stop being judgmental and talk to people. Besides its a woman in the picture that tattoo will be covered a majority of the time I'm sure.

Sure have some want to be James Yeager types on here lately "it's what I think and you don't know shit" and the difference between now
    And when you were my age is everyone and there brother/mom/grandma are getting tattoos it's not an underground thing military guys get done. So just because it was said doesn't make it the same case

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Red is right. they generally are not accepted. i saw a girl wearing a spandex sleeve last week at wendy's. . Being a smart ass, i asked her if she was an NBA star. turns out she was covering up tatoos.

You boys are a little slow. The OP was a pic of a guy. It was a joke. .[/QUOTE

Ok did she have a job? Yes did it affect her performance? I seriously doubt it

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Red is right. they generally are not accepted. i saw a girl wearing a spandex sleeve last week at wendy's. . Being a smart ass, i asked her if she was an NBA star. turns out she was covering up tatoos.

You boys are a little slow. The OP was a pic of a guy. It was a joke. .[/QUOTE

Ok did she have a job? Yes did it affect her performance? I seriously doubt it

So, she's all set for a life long career working the register at Wendy's? Not the best example, lol.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    It's not about job performance, it's about companies being selective about who they hire based on the persons ability to represent the company in a way the company wishes to be viewed by the public.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    It's not about job performance, it's about companies being selective about who they hire based on the persons ability to represent the company in a way the company wishes to be viewed by the public.

So cover up your tattoos and don't get tattoos you can't cover up.

/thread

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    This thread is hilarious. "I'm old and experienced and I know everything. That makes me right." Give me a break. Making a thug comparison is just as bad as the military comparison. I dress in a dress shirt, slacks, dress shoes and tie everyday for my job and deal with customers everyday. I have 11 tattoos. Have never had trouble finding employment. Even in cs and sales positions. My wife is the manager of petsmart here an does the same. She has 7 tats. I guess in our free time we like to thug out, because after all thugs are covered in tattoos.

Top Bottom