• ...and so much more!
  • TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Well I've even read news outlets stuff where they even say tattoos aren't a big deal anymore.

......and EVERYONE knows the news outlets are always right!

Do as ya wish, guys an' gals. Don't let the fact that I hire folks and have a number of friends that do likewise deter you. I apologize for caring enough to attempt to interject a little insight in the subject at hand!

Oh....and of course, NO ONE ever looks at your FB page when considering you for a job, either.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Nothing like twisting words, is there?

You're certainly free to do so.....after all, I only speak with decades of practical business experience and personal professional observation. You can also insist that the moon is made of cheese if you want to........you'll still be wrong, but that's okay with me.

Look - I'm not trying to judge anyone here. I'm trying to make a quiet observation and sound a warning to folks that want to believe it's "okay". These are the same ones sayin' it back in my youth. They were wrong then, they're still wrong today. It's fine out in the shop - but by and large, when you try to move into the office, it won't be.
    Your words are here. You can say that your not here to judge. Then you say that people with tats are in the wrong.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

Do as ya wish, guys an' gals. Don't let the fact that I hire folks and have a number of friends that do likewise deter you. I apologize for caring enough to attempt to interject a little insight in the subject at hand!

Oh....and of course, NO ONE ever looks at your FB page when considering you for a job, either.

I do a FB search for every application I get.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central

What facebook page? I have one set to all private under a different name and email than ones used for my profession.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    I have several tattoos but only one is visible only if I wear shorts.

My buddy has a pink thong tattooed at his waist line so when he bends over you can see whale tail.

Sent from a creepy ass cracka.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I have one also, but I was smart enough to make sure it couldn't be seen when wearing a T shirt.

Y'all are completely missing what we are trying to say. You're taking it to the extreme.

For the most part, a tat that the employer will never know about without being told will make no difference. But like I said, I check FB pages.

If I check FB and the guy has a huge ICP tat or something I think could represent a personality trait I don't wish to have on my crew his app may go to the bottom of the pile.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    I have one also, but I was smart enough to make sure it couldn't be seen when wearing a T shirt.

Y'all are completely missing what we are trying to say. You're taking it to the extreme.

For the most part, a tat that the employer will never know about without being told will make no difference. But like I said, I check FB pages.

If I check FB and the guy has a huge ICP tat or something I think could represent a personality trait I don't wish to have on my crew his app may go to the bottom of the pile.

If he has any kind of ICP tattoo, that guy is probably a douche.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central

Anybody who gives me enough info where I can find their Facebook page would go to the bottom of the pile. They are clearly not bright if their information can be readily found on the Internet.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Anybody who gives me enough info where I can find their Facebook page would go to the bottom of the pile. They are clearly not bright if their information can be readily found on the Internet.

So, since you DO have a Facebook page under your name you would put yourself at the bottom of the pile?

Your statement makes very little sense. And EVERYBODY can be found on the Internet. Well, other than a few very rare cases.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Yes, they ARE here.....in plain English - something you apparently have trouble comprehending. Go back and READ what I've said with an open mind.

I have. Several times and what others have said. The general just is that. People with tattoos get judge on their appearance. I understand and that's fine. The same people can also cover them up and be professional and not be judged. Why don't you be open minded and except that your assumptions towards having tattoos maybe wrong.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    So, since you DO have a Facebook page under your name you would put yourself at the bottom of the pile?

Your statement makes very little sense. And EVERYBODY can be found on the Internet. Well, other than a few very rare cases.

I don't have one under my name. I just have one.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Didn't Jesus say something along the lines of, "Judge not, that ye be not judged."?

He also said that we were to treat our bodies as his temple.

Again - my entire point (which many have chosen to ignore/misconstrue) was that having a tat is something you will live with forever, and you need to give serious thought to 'em. They CAN have an impact on careers whether you like it or not. As an employer, I have to consider whether a customer MIGHT be offended, or if I'm going to have to spend time continuously explaining you to a customer. Why bother if I can hire an equally-qualified employee that doesn't present a tattoo?

THAT is the reality, guys. To be sure - it's up to each of us to make our choices, but they need to be informed choices. I was ridiculed for years simply because I wear western boots - I mean to the point that comments were made to our employees. I was okay with that, because I know my stuff, and the value I bring to the table outweighs the "cowboy" comments. I was at a national sales meeting, in fact, when I was "called on the carpet" because of my western garb, and the National Sales Manager made VERY pointed comments about same. One of the other Texas-based reps (who wore "normal" clothes) asked who had sold the largest system in the past year, and who's territory was the most profitable. I'll be darned...."South Texas" was the answer....yeah, MY territory.

What I'm getting at is that I GET the feeling and have been there - still do to this day. I'm also trying to give insight to something that many don't understand - let them get to KNOW what/who you are with as little "baggage" on display as possible.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    He also said that we were to treat our bodies as his temple.

Again - my entire point (which many have chosen to ignore/misconstrue) was that having a tat is something you will live with forever, and you need to give serious thought to 'em. They CAN have an impact on careers whether you like it or not. As an employer, I have to consider whether a customer MIGHT be offended, or if I'm going to have to spend time continuously explaining you to a customer. Why bother if I can hire an equally-qualified employee that doesn't present a tattoo?

THAT is the reality, guys. To be sure - it's up to each of us to make our choices, but they need to be informed choices. I was ridiculed for years simply because I wear western boots - I mean to the point that comments were made to our employees. I was okay with that, because I know my stuff, and the value I bring to the table outweighs the "cowboy" comments. I was at a national sales meeting, in fact, when I was "called on the carpet" because of my western garb, and the National Sales Manager made VERY pointed comments about same. One of the other Texas-based reps (who wore "normal" clothes) asked who had sold the largest system in the past year, and who's territory was the most profitable. I'll be darned...."South Texas" was the answer....yeah, MY territory.

What I'm getting at is that I GET the feeling and have been there - still do to this day. I'm also trying to give insight to something that many don't understand - let them get to KNOW what/who you are with as little "baggage" on display as possible.
    This^^^ is a good post which I wish was your first. I just want to ad that everything about ones presence can raise red flags. Sure tats can be baggage and I have been profiled for mine by others who don't agree with them. This has never happened to me in a job setting because I am aware of their presence on The public and others who get them need to also.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    Treat your body as a temple you say?

Tattoos can be construed as the windows to a persons temple/body/soul.

gunubura.jpg

a6u9u8u5.jpg

usudypub.jpg

7u6e5a9a.jpg

All though I do see a lot of the stupid crap people tattoo on themselves that literally has no meaning what so ever they just got a tattoo because they thought it would make them look cool/tough.

Sent from a creepy ass cracka.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    This^^^ is a good post which I wish was your first. I just want to ad that everything about ones presence can raise red flags. Sure tats can be baggage and I have been profiled for mine by others who don't agree with them. This has never happened to me in a job setting because I am aware of their presence on The public and others who get them need to also.

Well, to be honest I didn't realize that I was going to be attacked for stating things meant only to give folks food for thought. It's been an educational experience, to be sure.

Guess that's a good reason to say less when I know it's gonna be unpopular, eh?

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Well, to be honest I didn't realize that I was going to be attacked for stating things meant only to give folks food for thought. It's been an educational experience, to be sure.

Guess that's a good reason to say less when I know it's gonna be unpopular, eh?

Then you would never get the opportunity to post at all. Lol.

None of this really bothers me, as all of my experiences have been different. Any of my future tattoos and the tattoo I have right now won't be an issue for any job I apply to because I don't show up to interviews in a wife beater. If you feel different about it, then it is what it is, it's a free country.

Top Bottom