• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    Subbing spinach for lettuce is always good practice too if you are looking for something better. Lettuce is near worthless on sandwiches.
    ARJ Defense ad

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Guys, are yall trying to eat right and exercise?

You can be an example for someone else.

I asked my mom about what her and my dad are doing to lose weight. They said nothing. My dad doesn't even notice that he's built like me, except with a belly. When he loses weight his belly is the only place and when he gains it's only his belly. My mom has health problems that keep her from being as active as she tries.

sdismukes

Bending nails and making sawdust
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2014
    Erath County
    Couple'a other things to consider. My boss is a brilliant man. He has taken to reading all peer-reviewed health studies and noticed they are very narrow, and DO NOT account for work just on the edges of what they studied. He has stitched them together pert-much end-to-end, and came up with some stunning realizations.

To see what I mean, Google "David Croslin" then also Google "Obesity Germ".

First is there are several bacteria in your gut. The gram-negative bacteria specifically emit endotoxins when they die, as all bacteria eventually die. Endotoxins are very poisonous. A slug of endotoxins the size of a grain of sand can kill 1,000 people. The reason YOU don't die is there is a barrier in your gut to prevent them from transferring into you in any volume. This barrier has kept humans alive since time immemorial.

However, bacteria evolve. Some have become resistant to antibiotics for instance.... MRSA is one, some TB, and some STDs for example. This evolution is enhanced by mankind affecting their habitat. Those in our gut have developed a way to hitchhike into our blood in very small quantities. They ride in on fats (hence the low-fat craze, which just addressed only one small symptom of obesity, not the root cause). Perhaps they also ride trans-fats. At any rate, once in our bloodstream, they cause an overall low level of inflammation. Your particular reaction to inflammation may be different than mine, but overall things like arteriosclerosis, Type II diabetes high blood pressure, perhaps even some cancers, all the "modern" diseases have the common cause of a low-level inflammation. Gram-negative bacteria dying release endotoxins, which in turn generate this inflammation.

It also tuns out that genetically modified organisms (GMO's) combined with the heavy use of Round-up result in our foods being peppered with compounds which are designed to kill bacteria. Many of the GMO's are designed to kill off bugs which will damage the crops (the GMOs kill off bacteria in the guts of harmful insects, thus starving the insects). Round-Up is used to cause crops to all ripen at the same time, for optimal harvests. BOTH of these, when eaten, kill off bacteria in your own gut, but NOT the gram-negative ones. So the gram-negatives thrive, pumping yet more endotoxins into your blood. The natural balance in your gut is seriously upset. And you get fatter, and sicker.

Still, nothing is quite so simple. Turns out also that Insulin plays a a major role in obesity. It's essentially the "fat hormone". The reason bread tastes so good is that the refined carbs in the bread are converted to sugars by your saliva. Those sugars are converted by higher insulin levels to fat very, very fast.

Gram negative inflammation also is indicated in cravings for high-carb diet items, reduces your sense of being full, and increases your sense of being hungry. All 3 of these combine to play a huge role in obesity. If you are always hungry, and never "full", plus your insulin level converts carbs to fat very fast, then the imbalances caused by endotoxins may play a huge role in obesity.

It's 3:1 against you.

High insulin levels lead to high fat levels. The things that drive peaks in insulin are white sugar, then white flour (bread, biscuits, cake), white potatoes (fries!) and so on. Avoid white carbs and you avoid the things Insulin converts to fat very quickly. Whole grain breads, sweet potatoes, and even raw sugars, delay spiking your insulin because they take longer to digest, thus reduce the onset of creating fat.

Avoid them, and you literally piss away fat. You may even go into ketosis if you are too heavy on the "low carb" diets. When fats are broken down but not burned during low-carb diets, they form ketones. These generate an aroma in your urine and sweat. You need to be careful if you smell your sweat, or others notice your sweat (or you notice your urine), as being sickly-sweet - ketosis can be damaging - your're overdoing it!

I have lost 40 lbs by avoiding the "white sh**" and staying to low carb eggs, meats, cheeses, salads (Ranch dressing), as well as avoiding GMO foods, and desperately avoiding processed stuff like "light margarine"! Read the ingredients - that chemical crap just can't be good for you. Highly acidic/tart foods will help inhibit gram-negative bacteria. I take bitter melon extract regularly (an Asian staple) to inhibit the gram negative bacteria. I did plateau for a while, but now am again dropping weight.

I have not exercised one whit in this time. It's all diet.

Last edited:

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    Couple'a other things to consider. My boss is a brilliant man. He has taken to reading all peer-reviewed health studies and noticed they are very narrow, and DO NOT account for work just on the edges of what they studied. He has stitched them together pert-much end-to-end, and came up with some stunning realizations.

First is there are several bacteria in your gut. The gram-negative bacteria specifically emit endotoxins when they die, as all bacteria eventually die. Endotoxins are very poisonous. A slug of endotoxins the size of a grain of sand can kill 1,000 people. The reason YOU don't die is there is a barrier in your gut to prevent them from transferring into you in any volume. This barrier has kept humans alive since time immemorial.

However, bacteria evolve. Some have become resistant to antibiotics for instance.... MRSA is one, some TB, and some STDs for example. This evolution is enhanced by mankind affecting their habitat. Those in our gut have developed a way to hitchhike into our blood in very small quantities. They ride in on fats (hence the low-fat craze, which just addressed only one small symptom of obesity, not the root cause). Perhaps they also ride trans-fats. At any rate, once in our bloodstream, they cause an overall low level of inflammation. Your particular reaction to inflammation may be different than mine, but overall things like arteriosclerosis, Type II diabetes high blood pressure, perhaps even some cancers, all the "modern" diseases have the common cause of a low-level inflammation. Gram-negative bacteria dying release endotoxins, which in turn generate this inflammation.

It also tuns out that genetically modified organisms (GMO's) combined with the heavy use of Round-up result in our foods being peppered with compounds which are designed to kill bacteria. Many of the GMO's are designed to kill off bugs which will damage the crops (the GMOs kill off bacteria in the guts of harmful insects, thus starving the insects). Round-Up is used to cause crops to all ripen at the same time, for optimal harvests. BOTH of these, when eaten, kill off bacteria in your own gut, but NOT the gram-negative ones. So the gram-negatives thrive, pumping yet more endotoxins into your blood. The natural balance in your gut is seriously upset. And you get fatter, and sicker.

Still, nothing is quite so simple. Turns out also that Insulin plays a a major role in obesity. It's essentially the "fat hormone". The reason bread tastes so good is that the refined carbs in the bread are converted to sugars by your saliva. Those sugars are converted by higher insulin levels to fat very, very fast.

Gram negative inflammation also is indicated in cravings for high-carb diet items, reduces your sense of being full, and increases your sense of being hungry. All 3 of these combine to play a huge role in obesity. If you are always hungry, and never "full", plus your insulin level converts carbs to fat very fast, then the imbalances caused by endotoxins may play a huge role in obesity.

High insulin levels lead to high fat levels. The things that drive peaks in insulin are white sugar, then white flour (bread, biscuits, cake), white potatoes (fries!) and so on. Avoid white carbs and you avoid the things Insulin converts to fat very quickly. Whole grain breads, sweet potatoes, and even raw sugars, delay spiking your insulin because they take longer to digest, thus reduce the onset of creating fat.

Avoid them, and you literally piss away fat. You may even go into ketosis if you are too heavy on the "low carb" diets. When fats are broken down but not burned during low-carb diets, they form ketones. These generate an aroma in your urine and sweat. You need to be careful if you smell your sweat, or others notice your sweat (or you notice your urine), as being sickly-sweet - ketosis can be damaging - your're overdoing it!

I have lost 40 lbs by avoiding the "white sh**" and staying to low carb eggs, meats, cheeses, salads (Ranch dressing), as well as avoiding GMO foods, and desperately avoiding processed stuff like "light margarine"! Read the ingredients - that chemical crap just can't be good for you. Highly acidic/tart foods will help inhibit gram-negative bacteria. I take bitter melon extract regularly (an Asian staple) to inhibit the gram negative bacteria. I did plateau for a while, but now am again dropping weight.

Thanks for this post.

I haven't heard anything about gram-negative bacteria, but I know gut health is essential to overall health. Interesting stuff so I'll hafta look into that more.

I will have to cautiously disagree with you about the ketone part. If done correctly, I believe it's a perfectly viable diet.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America

Big thanks for this. I knew about changing the types of bacteria in your guts but I didn't know all this.

This is what I found- I used o get a lot of sinus or ear infections. Walk in clinics would give me antibiotics and sometimes I would throw up, but most times I have diarrhea and I feel weaker. My farts were definitely unpleasant on antibiotics. I started eating yogurt everyday and eating really healthy balanced meals on antibiotics so the side effects wouldn't be as bad. It worked.

I also noticed I feel better when I eat yogurt daily. My farts do not smell most of the time and I rarely have an upset stomach unless I would eat fast food. Recently, I stopped eating all fast food and started losing weight and eating higher protein, lower fat, and the foods in post #1. I weigh 178lbs and I'm 6ft tall. When I drink I feel like I have more energy in the mornings and I never get headaches or hangovers or stomach problems. I don't need as much coffee any more and I don't need as much sleep. 6-8hrs and I'm done with sleep and never groggy.

I have always exercised hard, so the only change was my diet and I lost 20 lbs since April.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    If you're worried about too much gram-negative bacteria, fight it with gram-positive bacteria. Eat yogurt for breakfast and take a shot of unfiltered apple cider vinegar every once in awhile.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I like getting eating healthy out of the way first thing in the morning. I make breakfast smoothies with about two cups of greens, 1.5 cups berries, an orange, a few big scoops of yogurt, and a little honey and vanilla to taste. Delicious and good for you! Then the rest of the day I eat whatever I want; like chicken fried steak ;)

picker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2014
    TX Hill Country
    I think as a man ages everything slows down including his metabolism, it's just life, some get fat some don't we are all put together the same but differnt.
    i am about 6 foot and weigh 185 pounds.
    i have never even thought about a diet, but as I aged the pounds crept up on me, about 20 of them to be exact.
    its life most folks gain some weight as they age mainly because their metabolism slows and so does their activity level.
    Best/picker

picker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2014
    TX Hill Country
    Just excuses - you have control over both. Don't be lazy.

Wise up man and don't confuse excuses for reasons, those old injuries/weak knees/old lungs and organs/muscle age and you will slow down.
    Trick is pacing yourself any damn fool can get out there with good intentions and bad ideas and over do it to the point he contributed to his weight problems, because guess what you aint gonna do as a sixty year old what you did as a 25, very few will, and I have yet to meet one.
    It's called getting old.
    Best/joe

PS Sitting here typing this and my back is killing me, been creaping around 3 days because I did just what I explained not to do.

Last edited:

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    Yep, things start to not work as well. Some of my neck and back injuries from my army days prevent me from doing anything strenuous but I still swim and walk as much as I can. When I'm at the range by myself with no one else shooting I'll walk down every mag just for the exercise. It would be great if some of the disrespect would dissipate.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Trick is pacing yourself any damn fool can get out there with good intentions and bad ideas and over do it to the point he contributed to his weight problems, because guess what you aint gonna do as a sixty year old what you did as a 25, very few will, and I have yet to meet one. It's called getting old.
    I am a fair bit older than 60 and, no, I can't do what I did when I was 25. Yes things hurt. And I can't see or hear as well. But I can still walk and I try to do it every morning. Regular walking is one of the best exercises for us old folks. And I try to eat right. I am the same weight now as when I graduated high school and I have a 32 inch waist.

Last edited:

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Country_Fried_Steak_Eggs.png
    This fails, and fails in a big way.

Top Bottom