Guns International

Zero guns allowed at work!!! What are your options??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    My company policy states "company leased" vehicles in the handbook, however a lease is long-term, and I get "rentals", so legally they are different.

I work for a horrible corporation, one of the largest players in it's industry, and if I had to find a new job, it'd be LITERALLY 1/5-1/2 the work for more than the same pay. I took a pay hit last year going from salary to hourly, and it wasl like -14.2% off the top. I got no raise last year, and it would take 3 people to replace me, so if I got let-go, it'd be a WIN-WIN-WIN...
    Unless you are paying for the rental cars out of your pocket, a rental is no different than a company leased vehicle or a company owned vehicle as far as company policies.
    Venture Surplus ad

Alpha.Geek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2021
    Tyler "suburbs"... :)
    Unless you are paying for the rental cars out of your pocket, a rental is no different than a company leased vehicle or a company owned vehicle as far as company policies.
    Not MY problem... I LITERALLY work for the worst of Corp. America, trying to go "public".
    Like I said, if I get let go, I'd find a BETTER job getting the same or better pay for less work, and less jumping though hoops to get it done, too.

I DO keep my mouth shut when traveling, unless with a coworker that might be buying things on lunch, when traveling too...
    If guns come up in conversation, I will talk, just not "that I am packing in the vehicle"...

Coworker got a Spanish Mauser rechambered in .308 Win on our last trip. He'll pick it up and do the 4473 next time we are there, upon pickup.
    Essentially he put a hold-deposit down, as he didn't want to get an expensive TSA compliant locking container, for just one rifle, when he has some already at home.

Guardian3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2022
    Austin, Texas
    A felony conviction for what? It is not illegal to have a personally-owned firearm on Federal property unless it's the Post Office.

18 U.S. Code §930 clearly states (and focus on the word "facility," which I've highlighted):

I take firearms on Federal property all the time, to shoot at the Sportsman's Range at Camp Bullis for example.

There is a huge "No Guns!" sign on the door to range control due to the above law, but it is not illegal to have firearms on the military installation!

If anything, it's a base commander's policy; and you cannot receive a felony conviction for failing to abide by it, but you can be restricted from coming on base!
    Says right there in USC 18 that you cannot possess a firearm on federal property unless you meet the exemptions of para d (LEO, etc). Hell, I couldn't even hava a plaque with a Kbar on it in my office because it was a "weapon."

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    First of all read the current laws enacted. Any place you go in Texas can restrict you bringing in a firearm, even your mother-in-law into her house on Thanksgiving. Your job is no exception. With the CC bill enacted most folks think they can pack anywhere, openly or concealed, they are very wrong. Even with CC there are still restrictions. I believe they are all good laws. I doubt any business that bans firearms for employees has this sign but I see it many places I carry. I also see No Firearms Allowed and abide by them as well and leave in truck or exit..

1662437127149.jpeg

Tank

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2022
    Houston
    First of all read the current laws enacted. Any place you go in Texas can restrict you bringing in a firearm, even your mother-in-law into her house on Thanksgiving. Your job is no exception. With the CC bill enacted most folks think they can pack anywhere, openly or concealed, they are very wrong. Even with CC there are still restrictions. I believe they are all good laws. I doubt any business that bans firearms for employees has this sign but I see it many places I carry. I also see No Firearms Allowed and abide by them as well and leave in truck or exit..

View attachment 343040

It was my understanding that a sign requires the actual statute code on it to be enforceable. Is that incorrect?

Alpha.Geek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2021
    Tyler "suburbs"... :)
    Correct me if I am wrong (I've been drinkin')...
    As I understand it:
    • 30.05 = No unlicensed carry (?)
    • 30.06 = No licensed concealed carry
    • 30.07 = No licensed open carry

Nobody can legally wave a gun around haphazardly, as intimidation, or "cause others to be alarmed" (I think is how it's worded).
    If you point your gun at somebody=assault with a deadly.
    Show your gun for intimidation=brandishing.

30.05: "Any Unlicensed Firearm...", Gun Buster Sign, or whatever, if you have an LTC, you can carry right on past those signs...

If someone notices you are carrying in a 30.05, with an LTC, AND an authority-figure that works-at/owns the facility requests you to leave...
    you are to leave, and no harm will come to you, legally, as there are LTC holder protections.
    If you don't leave, then you are trespassing with a Firearm, then legally you can have issues.
    1662503304363.png

30.06: No Lic. consealed carry holders either, in English AND Spanish of "No Concealed Carry Sign", 1" minimum lettering, which makes the sign VERY obvious, large and expensive, AND MUST be posted at EVERY entrance to be legal, so this sign has to be about 24"x24" to be legal.
    This also applies to the post office and Federal Buildings, AFAIK, not even with LTC.
    I THINK it is legal to carry LTC OR CC in DPS facilities, but not 100%

(I didn't notice a sign on 3 DPS facilities I have been in recently...)
    If someone notices you are carrying in a 30.06, with an LTC, AND an authority-figure that works-at/owns the facility requests you to leave...
    you are to leave, and no harm will come to you, legally, as there are LTC holder protections.
    If you don't leave, then you are trespassing with a Firearm, then legally you can have issues.
    1662503278760.png

30.07=Open Carry:
    1662501133133.png

However 51% signs apply to LTC holders packing legal-heat, and Constitutional-Carry packers too:
    1662500813215.png

An intoxicated person in TX can have a loaded gun if an LTC holder, but is still be legally-accountable for every round fired, just like a sober person.
    An intoxicated person in public should not be in the possession of a loaded gun if not an LTC holder.
    Do not carry in one of these establishments, LTC NOR CC'ing, to stay w/in the law.

I could walk into my work with a gun, (only a gun buster sign, as most entrances have no room for 1" lettering signs) legally via my LTC, but this would violate work-policy.

If caught, and asked to leave I would legally be required to.
    If caught they could fire me for company policy, but not violating the law, legal to walk past 30.05/Gun-buster signs w/
    LTC.

Attachments

• 1662500749136.png
      1662500749136.png
      26.7 KB · Views: 46
    • 1662503267333.png
      1662503267333.png
      53.6 KB · Views: 47
    Last edited:

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    It really is pretty simple. For example, I went to two medical facilities today and both had enough window space to give all of the "pursuant to..." laws. It ended up being don't bring in a firearm, period. At first they had the "an unlicensed person" sign saying you couldn't pack then eventually got to the "no firearms allowed" verbiage. Like someone is going to stop to read all those signs.

Basically, an establishment or your mother-in-law can just hang a paper towel on the door saying no firearms allowed like the "no shoes, no shirt no service" signs we used to see. It's their place, period, and can decide on who enters. If some guy wants to puff out his chest and starts quoting laws and signs and his rights, he is going to lose. Forget about all the "ifs and buts". He still loses, so just leave.....

Top Bottom