Texas SOT

Zero guns allowed at work!!! What are your options??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Zero guns allowed at work & what’s the options?

Concealed means concealed. It’s no accident that the PHLster enigma works so well with scrubs.

Other options are knives. Lots and lots of knives. And a hammer or 3.

Hypothetically speaking of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Just because there are times I may not be carrying a gun, doesn't mean I'm unarmed!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    We aren't even allowed knifes of any kind. Not even a tiny pen knife.
    You have to learn to think outside the box. Friend of mine had a saying, "If the only tool in your box is a hammer, then everything looks like a nail."

As a human being, your greatest weapon resides between your ears. Learn to improvise and adapt.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    We aren't even allowed knifes of any kind. Not even a tiny pen knife.
    There's nothing allowed at my wife's work either. She carries an OTF I got her anyway.

She had gotten her CHL awhile back, but just never got comfortable carrying a gun. Loves her knife, tho... She's from the valley :laughing:

Anyways, several weeks ago her and her coworkers were struggling taking down a banner they had up for an event. In front of everyone, including her boss, she whipped out the OTF, slashed the ropes, and put the knife back up. It all happened before her coworkers could process it. They were like, "WTF was that!" Nobody said shit to her about it.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    You have to learn to think outside the box. Friend of mine had a saying, "If the only tool in your box is a hammer, then everything looks like a nail."

As a human being, your greatest weapon resides between your ears. Learn to improvise and adapt.
    ee2fe2bd5da97d5c8de93c21534cd1e2.jpg

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I legally carry a concealed handgun when I leave the house. Except for those half a dozen or so times a year that I go to the Navy base for a doctor's appointment, to pick up medications or have lab work done. At the main gate they do the rare contraband search or ask you randomly if you have any "contraband". I will not lie to them, so on those occasions I leave the pistol and ammo home. It galls the heck out of me to be weaponless for the 50 mile round trip. I remember clearly back in the early '70s they sold guns and ammo at the base NEX/PX. I used to keep my guns in the trunk of my car and in a locker in the barracks. Most of us did and whether legal or not it was never a big deal, never an issue.

I remember when some bad characters killed military recruiters a while back. My S-i-L was a Navy recruiter in the Pacific Northwest. They were told specifically that they were not allowed to carry a concealed weapon while in uniform. His recruiting office was in a strip mall in a big city. I gave him a S&W Shield 9mm. He carried it. BFYTW

Let's remember too who it is that usually stops a mass shooting at a military base (Fort Hood, NAS Pensacola...). It's civilian cops. But only after military people are killed on those gun free bases.

What a farce and a tragedy that military folks stateside, on their bases are a more helpless target than a civilian at a shopping mall.
    I hope our next President can make an E.O. To allow ALL US MILITARY Officers and EM’s E6 & up to carry at all times, just like our LEO’s. Forcibly disarming our own Military is just plain STUPID !
    Especially now that we are overrun by BG’s & terrorists via “open border”.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I hope our next President can make an E.O. To allow ALL US MILITARY Officers and EM’s E6 & up to carry at all times, just like our LEO’s. Forcibly disarming our own Military is just plain STUPID !
    Especially now that we are overrun by BG’s & terrorists via “open border”.
    Once again setting your limits on the bearing of arms.

HPFlashman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2020
    Northwest Florida
    I retired from the Navy in 1991. Nearly everyone on a ship carried a knife. Usually a decent size folder or sometimes a fixed blade in a sheath on the hip. Served 19½ years out of 26 on ships and never knew of an incident of violence with a knife. Heard of a dozen or more ND's from people futzing around with "unloaded" 1911's or shotguns. Usually at a base's main gate or on the Quarterdeck or turning the "unloaded" weapons back into the armory after a Security Alert evolution which were done daily while inport. Some of those resulted in death. Back during my time the Navy did a very poor job of training people with guns. I think the Navy got better at that after 911. But that was 20+ years ago. I have no clue what is actually happening now in the Navy or other services but underneath my tin foil hat I suspect that the leadership will never allow its people to have weapons stateside aside from a trusted cadre of the politically correct.

I never received a single training session with weapons, aside from the main guns and missiles, in my 26 years. The Navy isn't "gunny" like the Army or Marines. Yet I was issued a 1911 when I promoted to E-4 and carried one until I promoted to E-6 while standing Quarterdeck watches on 2 Destroyers. I trained Security Alert teams as a CWO. Most of what I know about gun safety I learned at civilian gun ranges, friends or from books. I thought it ironic that when I got my CCW here in Florida I got a waiver for gun safety training because I was ex-military. Sure, I was always safe with guns...after 2 dangerous ND's and one GSW involving alcohol but I attribute that to being E-6 and below and mixing beer with guns. All of that was before I turned 25. I have been a better man since then.

I think the Marines get it right with their Everyone-Is-A-Rifleman doctrine. I'd like to see all the Services hold all their members to a high standard in gun proficiency and allow them to exercise their 2A rights freely. But I don't see it happening because the woke wonks in DC and the Pentagon have already made it known that vets pose an imminent threat of domestic terrorism.

“O, brave new world
    that has such people in't!”​

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    Most military bases post a sign that basically says, by order of the installation commander, firearms are prohibited from being being transported onto the installation. When I was stationed at the Air Force Academy, a while back, I noticed there was no sign. There was at Fort Carson and Peterson AFB. After a recruiting station got shot up in TN (I think), then another shooting at a Navy base near DC, there was talk about allowing military members to carry on military bases. This talk got to the AFA base commander and his JAG said, if an installation does not post a sign, then state laws are to be followed. This meant you could transport firearms in your car and carry concealed on the installation. So, AFA commander posted the sign and that ended that possibility.

At Fort Carson, I know they do random checks and will call the local police if you have a weapon that is not "registered" with the Provost Marshal's office which would allow you to transport it to the MWR range or your house if you live on base. Meanwhile, last year, JBSA (Joint Base San Antonio....all the military installations in San Antonio) Commander now allows those with LTCs to apply through their unit commander and Security Forces/Provost Marshal's office to transport weapons on base if they remain in a locked case in your vehicle. It is not permission to carry concealed. It is supposed to allow those who are commuting to/from work to be able to carry when stopping at the grocery store, child care, or gas station. Note this is NOT for constitutional carriers. I won't do it because the base registration process involves a serial number and permimssion is for that weapon only. Just another federal record for the illegal database.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Most military bases post a sign that basically says, by order of the installation commander, firearms are prohibited from being being transported onto the installation. When I was stationed at the Air Force Academy, a while back, I noticed there was no sign. There was at Fort Carson and Peterson AFB. After a recruiting station got shot up in TN (I think), then another shooting at a Navy base near DC, there was talk about allowing military members to carry on military bases. This talk got to the AFA base commander and his JAG said, if an installation does not post a sign, then state laws are to be followed. This meant you could transport firearms in your car and carry concealed on the installation. So, AFA commander posted the sign and that ended that possibility.

At Fort Carson, I know they do random checks and will call the local police if you have a weapon that is not "registered" with the Provost Marshal's office which would allow you to transport it to the MWR range or your house if you live on base. Meanwhile, last year, JBSA (Joint Base San Antonio....all the military installations in San Antonio) Commander now allows those with LTCs to apply through their unit commander and Security Forces/Provost Marshal's office to transport weapons on base if they remain in a locked case in your vehicle. It is not permission to carry concealed. It is supposed to allow those who are commuting to/from work to be able to carry when stopping at the grocery store, child care, or gas station. Note this is NOT for constitutional carriers. I won't do it because the base registration process involves a serial number and permimssion is for that weapon only. Just another federal record for the illegal database.

Close, but the JBSA policy and process only applies to active duty and civil servants; retirees and contractors are not eligible.

And, from firsthand knowledge, the application process is ridiculous!

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    In the past I worked at a chemical plant which tried to make a rule against knife carry. As many maintenance functions require the use of a blade the rule could not be enforced.
    >

STUPIDITY abounds across current urban culture.

Civility cannot be. “added later” by passing laws!

We children of the 1940’s, ‘50’s, :& ‘60’s were often heavily armed, but NEVER harmed anyone, threatened, or did any crime.

Indeed, my Father and Grandfathers insisted that I always keep a very sharp knife of my choice on my person when dressed. Mostly a Case Knife folder like a jacknife or a Western sheath knife w/ blade 3” to 5”.

Where I grew-up, there was NEVER ny prohibition against O.C. of any firearm. While we rarely “carried” to Church or School, we often had a .22 or a 1911 in our belts. No attention was paid to this; it was a part of our rural lives. We aways trusted one-another. WE were AMERICANS first, then Texans or Floridians or Montanans.

In all my 80 years, never was a weapon of any kind seen in our schoolyard fistfights or wrestling.

Raise children to be courteous, polite, and to “respect” both others’ RIGHTS and our trafitions, then the common Law.

Catholics, Protestants, Jews, HIndus, etc. of “good will” just did thest things “automatically”. While in olden days, much Black-White “social interaction” was not the norm, we were courteous to one-another and always tried to help each other.

Our cities have devolved, via tyranical leaders being elected over-&-over, into amoral places of viciousness. Even educated urbanites are brainwashed by contnuous, unremitting streams of media lies and distortions. They purposely RUIN their own chidren on altars of LibTardism

I find encouragement when visiting almost any rural or small-town Family, the keepers of TRUE American tradition. Black, white, Latino, Jew, or whatever; Americana is thus preserved. We must devote ourselves to insuring that our own children & grandchildren are not misled by purveyors of evil stupidity, no matter how clever.

A “rant” from a concerned Grandparent of ten scattered from Pesacola to Dallas, Houston, and Denver. You can save the whales or the bales; I’m trying to save good “children” from idiotic Libtard parents and even worse diabolically insane “teachers”.

Thank you for reading this far !

leVieux

Tank

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2022
    Houston
    I work in Healthcare and our hospital has a pretty strict "no concealed firearm" policy on campus, not sure about the vehicle. I like the ability to pay my mortgage and bills so just follow their rules. We can, however, carry knives, so people may not be able to shoot you down a hospital corridor, but hand-to-hand combat is not prohibited! That being said, not sure what they would say about a back mounted machete :-)

Top Bottom