• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    just offering some knowledge on the person who this story revolves around.

That's a good point! This forum is one of the only ways that people in the shooting sports can, as a group, sort and sift information offered by a media that is fast and loose with the truth. When we start piecing this story together, we see the holes in it. This story will be important to all of us. It's not disrespectful to the dead and wounded to dig out the truth.

Flash
    ARJ Defense ad

SiscoKid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SE TEXAS
    Yesterday, after my initial post, I happened to catch Oglethorpe on MSDNC spitting and spewing an "opinion". He named every single person on FOX News as responsible for this. To say he is milking this for everything it is worth, is an understatement. All they care about is the "R" word. You know, RATINGS.

On some of the other boards I frequent, the system was almost crashed due to the liberals calling for the heads of Palin, Beck, Limbaugh, and O'Reilly.

In the words of Dalton, "It's going to get worse before it gets better".

San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio
    Ammo for the antis. They will attack the 2A and will go for the AZ carry law even though this congresswoman was Anti. If she had been Pro, there might have been another firearm or two there and the outcome could have been MUCH different.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Seemed for a bit that the media was going to blame this tragedy on Sara Palin.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Mental defectives roam among us in every City, State, and this Nation, nobody wants to pay the cost of maintaining insane asylums and putting the nutcases and the mentally dangerous into them for the safety of the law abiding citizenry. There are even some of the above in positions of power, in media, in all walks. The First Amendment protects us all and THEM !

SpikeSpiegel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Texas
    Ammo for the antis. They will attack the 2A and will go for the AZ carry law even though this congresswoman was Anti. If she had been Pro, there might have been another firearm or two there and the outcome could have been MUCH different.

I agree, I was thinking the same thing. But I don't think they will attack open carry in az thought, but they might. I read somewhere this guy was military or was. I smell something fishy in the Republic. Last year we had the Christmas Bomber, this year we got the Arizona Sniper.

texas1willy2

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    woodlands
    Here are the ads the liberals started pasting immediately after the shootings, notice someone even removed a couple periods from the first one. The first time I saw the second ad they had drawn a red line through Gabrielle Giffords name.

palin_targets_congresswoman.jpg

24972_382925783587_24718773587_3655178_2736968_n.jpg

The we see some ads the democrats made. Funny that things is "behind enemy lines" never gets mentioned, how many times has obama even referred to the republicans as enemies?

DLC-Targeting-map.gif

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    The problem isn't a Democrat or Republican one.
    It is not a pro-gun or anti-gun one.
    It's one psychopath who did what is conceptually unspeakable and impossible to most of us because his mind doesn't work like ours.
    Yeah, he exhibited some left wing tendencies, such as flag burning and being a fan of the communist manifesto, but he also showed some right wing traits as well, by attempting to serve in our military (he was ultimately rejected), and who also had no problem carrying a weapon around.
    Although he was mentally unstable, the kind of political rhetoric that gets thrown around from both sides should be considered a contributing factor. Right now, the press is talking about how political rhetoric nowadays often mirrors combat terminology. They're looking for someone to blame for this, but the responsibility is squarely in their court.
    If anyone outside the gunman himself is going to be saddled with blame, it should be our ratings hungry media who publishes stories at all costs. Unfortunately, as I stated earlier, they will probably instead blame responsible gun owners first, and then no telling what else after.

Willy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    Ellis County

I think AZ gun laws are safe. I just hope this doesn't mess with our slim chance of having similar gun laws in TX.

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    I think that Palin, Beck, Limbaugh, etc. should tell the lefties to go f*ck themselves. They should should just cut it off right there and not let the lefties put them on the defensive as if they should accept any personal blame for this.

Top Bottom