Lynx Defense

Better off to carry with none in the chamber than not at all?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    txinvestigator, I dont remember George Bush as being dangerous to gun owners, unlike
    the guys before and AFTER him. I think your bias as a liberal is showing, sir! ;)
    Guns International

LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    I ALWAYS carry with one in the chamber. The only time I've had to use my pistol, I
    had it in my hand, with one in the chamber, and still got assaulted! I dont think I would
    have been able to respond at all to the assault if I had had to work the slide. I probably
    would not be here, at all.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    I carry a 1911 with a 18lb spring carrying without one in the pipe is not a option.
    Single action in a fight there is no time to rack in my book

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Kinda like carrying a flashlight without the batteries......

Like was said above, personal preference.....If they don't, no problem of mine....All I have control over is my behavior.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To ALL,

Concerning the so-called "Israeli Carry" (Loaded magazine/Empty chamber), I recently had "a long lunch" with an IDF physician (He's here receiving advanced oncology training at Ft Sam Houston Joint Services Medical Center.) & LTC.

During lunch, that "carry method" came up in conversation & the LTC's comment was, "We used to train that method about 25 or more years ago & found that it didn't work well. Since my entry into the IDF in 1984, no such 'empty chamber training' has been done by our police or military forces."
    He then said, "In 2014, all of our armed personnel carry single-action semi-automatics 'cocked & locked' and double-action pistols are carried with loaded chamber."

yours, satx

Last edited:

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    To ALL,

Concerning the so-called "Israeli Carry" (Loaded magazine/Empty chamber), I recently had "a long lunch" with an IDF physician (He's here receiving advanced oncology training at Ft Sam Houston Joint medical Center.) & LTC.

During lunch, that "carry method" came up in conversation & the LTC's comment was, "We used to train that method about 25 or more years ago & found that it didn't work well. Since my entry into the IDF in 1984, no such 'empty chamber training' has been done by our police or military forces."
    He then said, "In 2014, all of our armed personnel carry single-action semi-automatics 'cocked & locked' and double-action pistols are carried with loaded chamber."

yours, satx

Takes things awhile to die in the gun community as there is much repetitious talk but little research and investigation.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Anyone who thinks they'll be able to rack the slide on their gun when the time comes has no idea how fast and violent an attack can be. Look how hard it is just to pull a holstered gun out and get off a shot:

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Anyone who thinks they'll be able to rack the slide on their gun when the time comes has no idea how fast and violent an attack can be. Look how hard it is just to pull a holstered gun out and get off a shot:

And that is from open carry, not having to dig into or under clothing.....

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    And that is from open carry, not having to dig into or under clothing.....

No safeties to fumble over with those revolvers, either. Anyone who carries without a round in the chamber should also carry good life insurance. We're talking about a situation where fractions of a second make a major difference in the outcome.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom