• ...and so much more!
  • bigtex10mm

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2021
    Fayette Co.
    First I have not watched a Pro Football game since they started taking knees during the National Anthem. To hell with those non-American folks. So this year I decided to watch a little of the game, mainly to get to see the commercials. It was an interesting game but when they announced who was performing for the Halftime Show and what they were performing. Well I cut it off during that time and resumed the game about 2 minutes into the 3rd quarter.

When I was asked what I thought of the Halftime show, I simply said "What is considered good entertainment these days has gone to HELL IN A HAND BASKET". I was told I had no idea what good music really was. I simply said that Rap/Hip Hop is not music but vulgar chanting to bad rythym. I told them I was introduced to music when my parents listened to the big band sounds (i.e. Glenn Miller, Tommy Dorsey, etc.) and I graduated into loving most all kinds of music.......except Ral/Hip Hop. I like music with melody and lyrics that don't talk about murder, rape, drugs and any other street activities. I really have tried to find something I could get into with that genre of sound, and I am very open minded but alas I stand alone with what I love in music and I'm OK with that. Had I been at the stadium, and found out what was about to happen, I probably would have gone to the restroom and occupied one of the toilet stalls until they were finished. Yes I dislike it that much!!

I know that everyone likes something different, so what were your feelings about the Super Bowl Half Time Fiasco?? If you think bad of my choices, well you are entitled to your opinion......just like me!

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Didn't watch...don't care.....didn't even click on the SB thread here.....didn't even know what teams were playing....

Heard from everyone that I know who did......it sucked.........

One comment I read....If you enjoyed the half time show, schedule your colonoscopy now...

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    While not something I regularly listen to, classic hip/hop/rap has its place in history and pop culture. Admittedly, I am from a younger generation than many who frequent this forum. I think it's pretty common for older generations to shit on the newer generations music. I do the same thing...just look what they did to Country.....80% complete shit nowadays.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Instead of watching the halftime crap show, I pulled up YouTube and watched a video about the top songs of 1969.

You younger folds (like PinnedandRecessed) think we older folks just crap on "your" music. Seriously take a look at the songs playing in the 1960s and early 1970s. Wide variety, many styles, great songs and real voices (not autotune). That was a period that, because of changes in society and technology, had an incredibly rich music. Then came disco, and the record companies had a way to make tons of money and only having to pay a few studio musicians. After that came rap and hip-hop, and it got even worse, as the technology allowed them to put any idiot on stage and keep what little music they might be blasting in tune. It's junk.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    I was busy eating ribs I smoked. No interest in sports where the players push their politics. Sure as heck not interested is the music selection.

I just watched some mindless murder series where everyone got along...well, I guess the exception might have been the killer and his victim.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    While not something I regularly listen to, classic hip/hop/rap has its place in history and pop culture. Admittedly, I am from a younger generation than many who frequent this forum. I think it's pretty common for older generations to shit on the newer generations music. I do the same thing...just look what they did to Country.....80% complete shit nowadays.
    And that place is in the sewer.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    classic hip/hop/rap has its place
    Yep. But when did classic rap turn into something else?

In 1964, Rex Harrison rapped in My Fair Lady and it was relatively high-brow but still fun.
    In 1979, Sugar Hill Gang released Rapper's Delight and it was listenable and fun.
    In 1981, Blondie released Rapture as a single; it was rap and it was fine. It was even the first rap song to chart.
    In 1986, DJ Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince started releasing albums that were about as fun and as accessible as what came before.

Sometime after that, mainstream rap and hip-hop became indistinguishable and much, much darker. I lost interest.

What happened?

what were your feelings about the Super Bowl Half Time Fiasco??

Parroting other posters, I didn't see it and don't care.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Yep. But when did classic rap turn into something else?

In 1964, Rex Harrison rapped in My Fair Lady and it was relatively high-brow but still fun.
    In 1979, Sugar Hill Gang released Rapper's Delight and it was listenable and fun.
    In 1981, Blondie released Rapture as a single; it was rap and it was fine. It was even the first rap song to chart.
    In 1986, DJ Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince started releasing albums that were about as fun and as accessible as what came before.

Sometime after that, mainstream rap and hip-hop became indistinguishable and much, much darker. I lost interest.

What happened?

Parroting other posters, I didn't see it and don't care.
    Can’t believe you didn’t mention Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five “The Message”

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    First I have not watched a Pro Football game since they started taking knees during the National Anthem. To hell with those non-American folks. So this year I decided to watch a little of the game, mainly to get to see the commercials. It was an interesting game but when they announced who was performing for the Halftime Show and what they were performing. Well I cut it off during that time and resumed the game about 2 minutes into the 3rd quarter.

When I was asked what I thought of the Halftime show, I simply said "What is considered good entertainment these days has gone to HELL IN A HAND BASKET". I was told I had no idea what good music really was. I simply said that Rap/Hip Hop is not music but vulgar chanting to bad rythym. I told them I was introduced to music when my parents listened to the big band sounds (i.e. Glenn Miller, Tommy Dorsey, etc.) and I graduated into loving most all kinds of music.......except Ral/Hip Hop. I like music with melody and lyrics that don't talk about murder, rape, drugs and any other street activities. I really have tried to find something I could get into with that genre of sound, and I am very open minded but alas I stand alone with what I love in music and I'm OK with that. Had I been at the stadium, and found out what was about to happen, I probably would have gone to the restroom and occupied one of the toilet stalls until they were finished. Yes I dislike it that much!!

I know that everyone likes something different, so what were your feelings about the Super Bowl Half Time Fiasco?? If you think bad of my choices, well you are entitled to your opinion......just like me!

No NFL, none of the time ! Period !

Don't go, don't buy, don't watch !

They can go straight to HELL and take their "BLM" with them !

leVieux

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I love the guys who say that they only watched for commercials. You know that they have commercials on other channels? Ones not broadcasting the superbowl. I mean come on you know you wanted to watch the game because it might have been exciting to if you are a football fan. You don't have to make excuses as to why you watched it. Who cares what people think about it.

I watched it. Don't give a **** what people think about me doing it. I'm not a huge football fan amd rarely watch games, but still watch the superbowl because it's something that we have always done.

As far as the half time show. Better than most years shows.

If you watch TV at all ever, then you are a hypocrite. There are Hollywood commies on every TV show and movie ever made.

Obviously the superbowl is still popular here. There are multiple threads about them every year here. The same people come in to bitch at others for watching yet they could just avoid all the football threads if they truly didn't care.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I love the guys who say that they only watched for commercials. You know that they have commercials on other channels? Ones not broadcasting the superbowl. I mean come on you know you wanted to watch the game because it might have been exciting to if you are a football fan. You don't have to make excuses as to why you watched it. Who cares what people think about it.

I watched it. Don't give a **** what people think about me doing it. I'm not a huge football fan amd rarely watch games, but still watch the superbowl because it's something that we have always done.

As far as the half time show. Better than most years shows.

If you watch TV at all ever, then you are a hypocrite. There are Hollywood commies on every TV show and movie ever made.

Obviously the superbowl is still popular here. There are multiple threads about them every year here. The same people come in to bitch at others for watching yet they could just avoid all the football threads if they truly didn't care.
    If you absolutely have to watch it,( family get together, whatever) then you maybe think about watching on one of those servers that are routed through a vpn so the nfl does not get the “click” from your household as a viewer. ;)

Top Bottom