• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    Instead of watching the halftime crap show, I pulled up YouTube and watched a video about the top songs of 1969.

You younger folds (like PinnedandRecessed) think we older folks just crap on "your" music. Seriously take a look at the songs playing in the 1960s and early 1970s. Wide variety, many styles, great songs and real voices (not autotune). That was a period that, because of changes in society and technology, had an incredibly rich music. Then came disco, and the record companies had a way to make tons of money and only having to pay a few studio musicians. After that came rap and hip-hop, and it got even worse, as the technology allowed them to put any idiot on stage and keep what little music they might be blasting in tune. It's junk.
    You have mistaken my comment as a defense of the hip hop/rap genre. It is not. Thank you for proving my point about generational bias. Furthermore, your argument about what is "junk" can be applied to any form of entertainment/art.
    ETA: I am familiar with the era you speak of and enjoy that music as well. Especially classic rock.

Last edited:

nickgibson72

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2021
    Houston
    I enjoyed both the game and the half time show. I grew up listening to both Eminem and Dr. Dre and my wife was a huge Mary J Blige fan growing up. So we both enjoyed it. Obviously the game being played in Los Angeles played a big part in why those artists were chosen. But yes that music isn't for everyone. But then again, that's how it is with everything. We all have our own likes and dislikes.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I’m a sportsman, not a sports fan. Grew up not watching TV ball games probably because my dad didn’t want to get out and throw a ball to me or my brother. I will say I don’t have Any trouble throwing one for a dog that fetches it up.

Only thing that I’m more suspect about watching ball games are chicks into it.

TV sports died for me when ABC’s Wide World of Sports was canceled.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    So you don't believe in letting your children have their own opinions and beliefs? Sounds like a super fun household.
    Now you want to tell someone how to raise their children? Wow.

I would never allowed my stepchildren to watch it either.

Children can have their own opinions and beliefs when they are 18 and paying their own way in life.

nickgibson72

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2021
    Houston
    Now you want to tell someone how to raise their children? Wow.

I would never allowed my stepchildren to watch it either.

Children can have their own opinions and beliefs when they are 18 and paying their own way in life.
    I'm not telling anyone how to raise their children. Not my place to do so. But if you think it's ok to not let children make up their own opinions because they aren't 18 or paying their own bills, then you have some much deeper issues that need to be worked on. That's borderline child abuse

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I heard the show was racist cause folks cheered more for mr mathers that the rest.

It doesn't matter he sold more records then all the rest.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I'm not telling anyone how to raise their children. Not my place to do so. But if you think it's ok to not let children make up their own opinions because they aren't 18 or paying their own bills, then you have some much deeper issues that need to be worked on. That's borderline child abuse
    Wow, thank you for the insight Dr. Phil!

Maybe you should change your username to Karen!

nickgibson72

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2021
    Houston
    Wow, thank you for the insight Dr. Phil!

Maybe you should change your username to Karen!
    Karen? I'm not the butthurt one who had to stick your nose where it didn't belong. I was commenting on someone else, who already addressed my comment. You were not involved until you made yourself involved. That's the definition of a Karen

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Karen? I'm not the butthurt one who had to stick your nose where it didn't belong. I was commenting on someone else, who already addressed my comment. You were not involved until you made yourself involved. That's the definition of a Karen
    So I need your approval as to what posts I'm allowed to reply to now!

You are a piece of work dude!

Updating the spreadsheet.

Top Bottom