• ...and so much more!
  • Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    veruseqe.jpg

Decoys setup at an intersection of senderos. My buddy from Ft worth saw the decoys bring in the doves..

sudamygu.jpg

My buddy in the brush..

We had a great time... didn't limit, but we had a blast...
    Guns International

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Good times.
    Good thread.

Anybody hunt the short season?
    I never have. I think I'll change that.

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Good times.
    Good thread.

Yes! That makes two of us in Texas.

I'm convinced that the sole purpose of the short season is to allow Bubba to try out the shotgun that Jenny Ray got him for Christmas. either that or the doves that were flying south in September decided to do a U-turn and come back for more. You tell me which exclamation makes more sense.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Good times.
    Good thread.

Hell yes. Some of my best dove hunts have been done in the "Short Season" I've seen anything from hundreds of them coming into a tank to one day where I sat for two hours and shot one shot and killed a bird.

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    Heading to the ranch Saturday morning. If weather permits, my son and brother-in-law will dove hunt. I have the shotguns and ammo ready. I'll can't find my 45LC. I looked everywhere except the vehicles. I have to admit, I can't remember where I placed it.....damn it. I got to go check the truck.

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    I freaking can't believe it. I've looked everywhere. Its holster is missing also. I'm assuming the gun is with the holster. All of my other guns and rifles are accounted. I have misplaced other stuff, but never a gun. I'm thinking its in my father-in-law truck. I'm upset I can't find it.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I freaking can't believe it. I've looked everywhere. Its holster is missing also. I'm assuming the gun is with the holster. All of my other guns and rifles are accounted. I have misplaced other stuff, but never a gun. I'm thinking its in my father-in-law truck. I'm upset I can't find it.

I have a buddy and fellow TGT member who lost a suppressed 1911 for over a year.

He tore his house and vehicles apart over and over to no avail.

We got to where I'd play "have you checked (some odd place that may not have been obvious to him like on top of the over toilet bathroom cabinet or behind books in his study.

It went on for far too long and I was advising him as a friend that the situation was long past the report time for a lost or stolen NFA item and started filling his head with what-ifs.... What if it's been stolen and it turns up at a crime scene somewhere and he'd never reported it missing?

Those what-ifs were intended to nudge him in the direction of reporting but really all they did was add stress to an already stressful situation for him as he from the beginning insisted it was not lost or stolen.

Just misplaced.

Somewhere in his house.

You can't imagine my relief for him when he texted me letting me know he'd found it.

Buried at the bottom of his sock drawer.

The drawer he'd been in at some point pretty much every day since it went missing.

I won't name him of course because I'm sure it's a little embarrassing that something that had led to so much stress and worry was literally right under his nose (and socks) every single day he was looking for it.

You'll find your pistol. It's just misplaced. Have you checked your sock drawer?

Last edited:

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    Thanks TXARGUY...just got back from the ranch so I haven't continued my search... I believe it in my father-in-law's truck. The last time I went to the ranch, it was in his truck. Im thinking I tucked it under the seat for some reason I can't remember. The only time I carry it is when I go to the ranch. Right now his truck is parked in his back driveway. The truck is in a fenced and locked area. The only issue is that my Inlaws dont stay at that residence at the moment. Heading that way tomorrow morning first thing. Oh, yeah, I checked my sock drawer. No luck.

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    Update on my missing .45LC....found it in the center console of my father-in-law truck...What a relief.. I usually always carry it on my hip on the way back... honestly don't remember why I placed it in the center console...I feel like a dumb ass for failing to retrieve the gun... just glad I found it...:-)

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Good to hear. I haven't lost track of one yet, but with the way they are sprinkled around the house, I try to be diligent.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom