• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tomservo92

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2012
    The Woodlands, TX
    Today was the first day I went out of the house with a CCW. I had to get a haircut and run some errands. At first, I was very self-conscious but got used to it pretty quick. Where I get my haircut I had to walk upstairs and realized pretty quick I need to tighten my belt another notch (pants were starting to slip down). I also think I need to adjust my MaxTuck to cant the pistol forward a bit more since I felt the grip was imprinting a little.

My next trip is to do the "Wallyworld Walk". :)
    Texas SOT

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Congrats, printing ain't a real big deal.

I adjust mine to allow easiest grip when I draw.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Your cant should be positioned with an idea towards proper draw rather than "imprinting".

Unload your handgun and place ammunition in another room. Double check for empty. From concealment, get a good grip on the gun and draw. Try it at speed. You may be surprised.

Tomservo92

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2012
    The Woodlands, TX
    The current cant is an easy draw. I'm going to make a small adjustment and see how it feels. If it's not comfortable, I'll go back to the current configuration.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Aw heck, that's nothing to worry about.

Today, I had to make a trip to Lowe's, and when I walked out the door of the loading dock I saw a fellow trying to horse some 4x8 plywood panels onto the back of his diesel powered pickup truck. As he struggled with the load, he unknowingly uncovered his concealed carry piece. I asked the fellow what he was carrying. He said "Oh, just some plywood."

Tomservo92

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2012
    The Woodlands, TX
    Aw heck, that's nothing to worry about.

Today, I had to make a trip to Lowe's, and when I walked out the door of the loading dock I saw a fellow trying to horse some 4x8 plywood panels onto the back of his diesel powered pickup truck. As he struggled with the load, he unknowingly uncovered his concealed carry piece. I asked the fellow what he was carrying. He said "Oh, just some plywood."

LOL!

I suppose it's just first time jitters.

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    What are you carrying? First time I CCW'd I got out of my car with my Glock 26 in my Remora IWB holster at 2 o clock. Found out quickly this was not gonna work, it fell through my shorts and onto the ground (still in the holster). Luckily I was at the range already (and hadn't started carrying with a round in the chamber yet. I'd say I went 2 weeks with just a full mag, empty chamber). I figured 4 o clock forward cant is the most advantageous for most pistols. I carry my snubbie at 10 o clock (cross draw) usually, but have an Old Faithful IWB for my Glock that I carry at 4 forward. Yeah I don't leave home without my gun anymore. Why would I when it takes literally 1 second to grab it and go.

Tomservo92

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2012
    The Woodlands, TX
    What are you carrying? First time I CCW'd I got out of my car with my Glock 26 in my Remora IWB holster at 2 o clock. Found out quickly this was not gonna work, it fell through my shorts and onto the ground (still in the holster). Luckily I was at the range already (and hadn't started carrying with a round in the chamber yet. I'd say I went 2 weeks with just a full mag, empty chamber). I figured 4 o clock forward cant is the most advantageous for most pistols. I carry my snubbie at 10 o clock (cross draw) usually, but have an Old Faithful IWB for my Glock that I carry at 4 forward. Yeah I don't leave home without my gun anymore. Why would I when it takes literally 1 second to grab it and go.

XD 9mm subcompact.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I used to be real self conscious about squatting down for things on the bottom shelf at the store.

After doing it a few times surrounded by people and nobody giving a rat ass I quite worrying about it.

Now that winter has set in I tend to keep my shirt tucked behind the grip when I have my jacket on. Considering trying out the XDm 4.5 but I only have an uncle mikes IWB and I doubt it would be comfortable for all day wear.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom