• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    How many folks have you caught with a concealed handgun? Hundreds of thousands here in TX, have you spotted one?

Not one concealed. At the rally today, I didn't detect one on anybody.
    It's pretty cool how what you see on yourself as a bulge is invisible to a stranger.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Just work on your carry. It's somewhat easier this time of year as you can have a jacket or hoodie or such to help conceal. Somme time is a bit more of a challenge with shorts and light shirt. If you are "printing" a bit, likely the only people that will notice it is other licensed carry people. The general public has no clue. It's just a bulge that could be a cell phone, tape measure, water bottle or other sundry belt attachments. The issue comes when the gun gets exposed. That can cause some problems if the wrong person sees it, but unless you intentionally displayed it, you've not broken any laws, but could no doubt have some explaining to do.

Good luck. Glad to have another person carrying and making us all more safe.

K.O Kid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2012
    Baytown
    The closest iv gotten to catching any one was when I was standing in line at a taco hut and the older gentleman infront of me
    reached in his pocket for some change and pulled out some .357 bullets.

Last edited:

Wild hair

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    I am new to cc, as well! I've had my chl for months, but refused to carry on my person until my hubby got me my lcp for Christmas! I carried in my boot for a week unloaded (hubby shaking his head the whole time) bought several holsters, finally, ended up with my flashbang holster! I am a hairstylist, work in close contact with my clients, and no one knows its there! Next step, wearing with a round in the chamber....

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Tomservo92

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2012
    The Woodlands, TX
    I am new to cc, as well! I've had my chl for months, but refused to carry on my person until my hubby got me my lcp for Christmas! I carried in my boot for a week unloaded (hubby shaking his head the whole time) bought several holsters, finally, ended up with my flashbang holster! I am a hairstylist, work in close contact with my clients, and no one knows its there! Next step, wearing with a round in the chamber....

Do you really like the Flashbang? My wife is considering one.

Wild hair

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Yes, it took a bit of work to get it "right" and I covered it with mole skin to make it more comfortable. But I'm a "thick" lady, and I haven't had to change my wardrobe! I love it...I strap out to my bra in the morning, and wear it all day....I got mine from ultimate conceal carry...they were very helpful when I asked questions

Mr. Bojangles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Humble

I understand the hesitance to carry with one in the chamber at first, but consider this: you don't wait until you're about to get in a wreck before putting your seatbealt on. In a situation where seconds matter, you don't need to spend them preparing for the threat.

Wild hair

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    If you have any questions, I'll gladly help if I can...(pic of me with flashbang on)

Wild hair

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    I felt like everyone was watching me when I first started carrying. I don't feel like that anymore.

/shrug

Yeah, I felt the same way until one of my clients (local pd officer) came in, and couldn't spot it until I told him! That made me feel better!

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    I used to be real self conscious about squatting down for things on the bottom shelf at the store.

After doing it a few times surrounded by people and nobody giving a rat ass I quite worrying about it.

I still grab the tail of my shirt inconspicuously when I have to squat for something, just to make sure it doesn't come up and expose the gun. If someone is behind me I just make sure not to make it obvious. Much easier during the winter of course, and if I am wearing my jacket that I've been wearing every day, I don't give it a 2nd thought. T shirts or polo style shirts with nothing over them are good but squatting can cause some serious printing or accidental exposure. I just try to avoid squatting altogether in situations like that, but I manage, it's no big deal. Bowling with a gun at 4 o clock can be a challenge if you don't want the people with you to know you're armed. That's what I have the belly band and the 38 special for, times like that.

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    If you have any questions, I'll gladly help if I can...(pic of me with flashbang on)

I'd be a little hesitant to carry with one in the chamber (especially with my Glock, I'm not sure about the safety features on an LCP) if it were pointed in the general vicinity of any of my vital organs. Just sayin'. But then again I've never carried in that manner so I can't really tell you from my point of view, it's just the first thing that came to mind when you mentioned how the holster fits and holds the gun. With a revolver it wouldn't matter so much, considering the heavier trigger pull. Doesn't the LCP have a somewhat stiff trigger also though?

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    I'd be a little hesitant to carry with one in the chamber (especially with my Glock, I'm not sure about the safety features on an LCP) if it were pointed in the general vicinity of any of my vital organs. Just sayin'. But then again I've never carried in that manner so I can't really tell you from my point of view, it's just the first thing that came to mind when you mentioned how the holster fits and holds the gun. With a revolver it wouldn't matter so much, considering the heavier trigger pull. Doesn't the LCP have a somewhat stiff trigger also though?

I carry 15+1 in my G19 AIWB. In other words, it's loaded and pointed right at my man parts. I have a holster for it so the trigger guard is covered. If you don't pull the trigger, it isn't going to go off.

Wild hair

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Lcp, no safety. Holster has a trigger guard, and gun had a long pull! As long as you don't stand to my left, you should be fine! (I might need a boob job if it ever fired in the holster :rolleyes:

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Lcp, no safety. Holster has a trigger guard, and gun had a long pull! As long as you don't stand to my left, you should be fine! (I might need a boob job if it ever fired in the holster :rolleyes:

It does have a safety! Your brain and your trigger finger. Lol

Wild hair

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    It does have a safety! Your brain and your trigger finger. Lol

Ok, that made me laugh out loud! You are correct rusty!
    I do receive a lot of deep sighs from my husband, for not being "locked and loaded" but I need a bit more confidence to do that, for now I will continue to practice my draw, and slide! I'm hoping that my "draw" location will add the element of surprise!

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    I had reservations about carrying with one in the chamber for a while, but I got over it. I don't want to have to bet on me being able to rack that slide back. You never know when someone is going be grabbing onto you and you won't physically be able to do so.

But regardless, it ultimately comes down to practice.

Wild hair

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Agreed! I just need time to build a bit more confidence! And I'm a bit attached to my left boob, I'd hate to lose it!

Top Bottom