• SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Ultimately, what we're really talking about here in general is self-confidence. At first, most people feel very self-conscious when carrying. The whole "everyone must be able to tell I'm carrying a gun!" thing. After awhile, you'll come to realize that most people don't even pay attention enough to notice. ;) Repetition builds muscle memory, and when done right, ultimately it can lead to subconscious competence. A lot of people feel unsafe with a round chambered as well, and that's fine. Just keep practicing, keep focusing on having that good trigger finger index with your finger locked out straight and along the frame of the gun, and eventually it will become second nature. Keep rockin' guys, and gals, and good job for taking charge of your personal safety! :-)

Tomservo92

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2012
    The Woodlands, TX
    Yeah, I know. It's like most things, repetition and experience breed confidence. I just had a heightened sense of awareness because of the newness of being armed in public. I appreciate all the good comments and support. This is a great forum.

TX1980Al

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2012
    Wylie
    One time my friend and I were going to the range and we saw a guy on a sport bike that wasn't concealing very well...

Wild hair

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Yeah, I know. It's like most things, repetition and experience breed confidence. I just had a heightened sense of awareness because of the newness of being armed in public. I appreciate all the good comments and support. This is a great forum.
    Its the same for me! A well as an elevated sense of responsibility! I have no doubt that, if put in a situation where I was forced to use my weapon, I could do it. My fear involves the afterwards....

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    You looked funny yesterday squirming around complaining about your Glock 19 gouging you.
    Remora for the comfort win.

That's true, however I never had this issue when i was running stock sights. I'll look into the Remora for the G19. It was definitely nice with the CM9; I could wear basketball shorts and still carry.

Tomservo92

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2012
    The Woodlands, TX
    Today, my wife and I went to the movies, at lunch, and did some shopping at Wallworld. I decided to change my carry position from 3 o'clock to 4 o'clock. Felt MUCH more comfortable.

vanguard70

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Keller, Texas
    My advice to anyone not carrying with one in the chamber is to practice good muzzle and trigger control, get confident, and start doing it. Get yourself a nice IWB holster with a trigger guard.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Today, my wife and I went to the movies, at lunch, and did some shopping at Wallworld. I decided to change my carry position from 3 o'clock to 4 o'clock. Felt MUCH more comfortable.

It's funny how a few degrees change in placement can make such a huge difference. ;)

iehooligan11b

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    Currently: afghanistan
    I usually carry IWB at around 5oclock. Only been caught carrying once lol. Some older lady behind me in line at a store tried groping me lol. well she reached over and like open hand patted my lower back/waist to get my attention and patted my gun. She pulled her hand back and we just kinda stood there staring at each other like o sh*t what now lol. then she just asked me where I got my tattoo work done and didn't mention anything else about it haha

Wild hair

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    I usually carry IWB at around 5oclock. Only been caught carrying once lol. Some older lady behind me in line at a store tried groping me lol. well she reached over and like open hand patted my lower back/waist to get my attention and patted my gun. She pulled her hand back and we just kinda stood there staring at each other like o sh*t what now lol. then she just asked me where I got my tattoo work done and didn't mention anything else about it haha

Awkward! Omg! I do that to people all the time when I'm squeezing being them! bet I think twice next time

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom