Hurley's Gold

Obama appointed judge has found 18 USC Sec. 922(g)(5) uconstitutional. This Federal law, prohibits possession of firearms by undocumented aliens.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    If the Federal government isn't currently protecting the rights of this nation's citizens, why does it have any obligation to protect the rights of foreigners?.....
    Protect, or not infringe?

It requires action to protect a right, but it takes zero effort to not infringe someone’s rights.

That said, I don’t think a mindset of “the government is stepping on my rights so should step on theirs too” is the right answer. That just leads to a downward spiral. A more appropriate response is “stop infringing on my rights”. JMO.

Johnny Diamond

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    US
    If the Federal government isn't currently protecting the rights of this nation's citizens, why does it have any obligation to protect the rights of foreigners?.....
    More to the point, why would they.
    The answer to that question explains the feds reason to not fulfill its constitutional obligation.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    I can’t even describe how tight that border should be. We don’t even have a country anymore.
    I disagree about the entitlements.

I firmly believe that illegals are entitled to a bus ticket back over the border. I guarantee that if Mexico had all those Venezuelans/ Guatemalans/Chinese permanently camped on their side of the fence, they'd figure a way to stem the flow themselves.

Most of us had grandparents, etc that came over on a a boat. They had to go to Ellis Island and follow a process to become citizens, where the problems could be weeded-out and sent back to whence they came.

We are not getting cream of the crop, looks to me more like bottom of the barrel.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    It seems like there’s a weird disconnect here with some going on an unrelated tangent about immigration when the discussion is about rights enumerated in the constitution.

I haven’t seen anyone make any sort of argument against a more secure border. It’s basically a perfect example of “old man yells at cloud”

Johnny Diamond

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    US
    Close the border, unless you've applied for citizenship the right way and struggle to learn civics and US history and attend a ceremony to be granted citizenship get the **** outa here. Do not pass go don't collect shit.

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    It seems like there’s a weird disconnect here with some going on an unrelated tangent about immigration when the discussion is about rights enumerated in the constitution.

I haven’t seen anyone make any sort of argument against a more secure border. It’s basically a perfect example of “old man yells at cloud”
    Not rights in the Constitution, but the Amendments that came later. 2A was added in 1791.

The topic is illegals (felons) getting guns. Many countries treat illegal border crossings by shooting them.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Not rights in the Constitution, but the Amendments that came later. 2A was added in 1791.

The topic is illegals (felons) getting guns. Many countries treat illegal border crossings by shooting them.
    Illegal crossing isn’t a felony.

Rights are not granted by governments.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Close the border, unless you've applied for citizenship the right way and struggle to learn civics and US history and attend a ceremony to be granted citizenship get the **** outa here. Do not pass go don't collect shit.

I agree with this. We should not allow illegal immigration. Follow the correct procedure or get sent straight back to country of origin.

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    Illegal crossing isn’t a felony.

Rights are not granted by governments.
    Here is a link that details the penalties. Illegal crossing can absolutely be a felony.

I realize you are all for being overrun with people that can't follow Laws and will twist whatever anyone writes to suit that agenda.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Here is a link that details the penalties. Illegal crossing can absolutely be a felony.

I realize you are all for being overrun with people that can't follow Laws and will twist whatever anyone writes to suit that agenda.

“Can be”.

Yes. I’ve made multiple posts pointing out that first offense is not a felony. I’m sure you just missed those posts because you didn’t like what they said.

Question: Are rights granted by the government?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Some rights are God given or natural rights. Others are legislated. Example of the latter is voting...must be a citizen of an age.
    I don’t think this is correct. We have a natural (or God given) right to representation in our government. A war was fought over this point. Anything granted through power of government can be nothing more than a privilege.

This wouldn’t apply to non-citizens since the US government is not their government.

Top Bottom