Venture Surplus ad

Obama appointed judge has found 18 USC Sec. 922(g)(5) uconstitutional. This Federal law, prohibits possession of firearms by undocumented aliens.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    They aren't our citizens, our Constitution (the one that establishes the "rules" of our Country) doesn't apply. You can't claim the protections of a government from a place you are at by extra-legal means. I've never seen an exclusion to trespassing due to "passing through".

Of course they have natural human rights, they're human but they can have no expectation our government will protect them.
    Entering this country at other than established ports of entry and by documented process is illegal.

You may possess all sorts of natural rights but not legal protection from a society or location you've "broken" into.
    If someone I don't know runs onto my property and claims they have the same rights there as I do, they are in for quite a rude awakening.
    Lynx Defense

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    They aren't our citizens, our Constitution (the one that establishes the "rules" of our Country) doesn't apply. You can't claim the protections of a government from a place you are at by extra-legal means. I've never seen an exclusion to trespassing due to "passing through".

Our Constitution and Bill Of Rights outlines natural human rights. While I agree this doesn’t create a duty for the US government to protect the rights of non-citizens (obviously, we are not bound by a duty to fix the human rights issues of other nations), it also doesn’t negate the existence of those same rights for non citizens.

Protection however, is a large leap from infringement. That gap is filled with indifference.

Of course they have natural human rights, they're human but they can have no expectation our government will protect them.

Where do you draw the line. Having no expectation of basic humans rights can get dark real fast.

Entering this country at other than established ports of entry and by documented process is illegal.

Yes it is. First offense is a class B misdemeanor. IIRC, that doesn’t effect firearms ownership in the US.

Second offense would be a felony, which by our law allows for the infringement of your right to bear arms.

You may possess all sorts of natural rights but not legal protection from a society or location you've "broken" into.

Again, this can get pretty dark.

If someone I don't know runs onto my property and claims they have the same rights there as I do, they are in for quite a rude awakening.

They would be trespassed and removed from the property. Kind of like people who say “concealed is concealed” carry passed a 30.06 sign, get caught, and trespassed from the premises. They don’t lose their right to self defense or bear arms though.

I agree, illegal immigrants should be trespassed and removed from the US.

cav2108541

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2023
    Killeen, TX

Attachments

• WAR Nuclear war - Use a Cleanse.jpg
      WAR Nuclear war - Use a Cleanse.jpg
      151.3 KB · Views: 19

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    The Selective Service Act requires that all males, citizen or alien, register for the draft at age 18. Failure to do so is a felony offense of USC. Therefore, any alien who has not registered has committed a felony and may not legally own a firearm.

It seems for it to be a crime they must “knowingly” fail to register. So they must be aware of the requirement and then intentionally fail to do so.

Also, they must be found guilty of said felony before it would have any effect.

I don’t make the rules.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    US court system is crap anymore. Dallas cop shot, several teens involved, 2 arrested, NO gun charges of ANY kind. See the problem?

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    It seems for it to be a crime they must “knowingly” fail to register. So they must be aware of the requirement and then intentionally fail to do so.

Also, they must be found guilty of said felony before it would have any effect.

I don’t make the rules.
    Doesn't "ignorance of the law is no excuse" apply here?. If I travel into IL with a loaded gun in my vehicle, should I be charged with a felony and subject to the punishment for committing that crime if the government accuses me of being the perpetrator. Even if I didn't know it was illegal?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Doesn't "ignorance of the law is no excuse" apply here?. If I travel into IL with a loaded gun in my vehicle, should I be charged with a felony and subject to the punishment for committing that crime if the government accuses me of being the perpetrator. Even if I didn't know it was illegal?
    Apparently not.

Every bit of text I’ve found for the law uses the phrase “has knowingly and willfully failed to register “.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    <>

I never wanted to be a Lawyer.

But, it is looking more & more that our government is giving illegals greater ’’rights’’ than citizens ?

<>
    There’s nothing in the constitution that prevents the US from securing its border.

The issue is our border. Not the constitution or adhering to the rights our nation is founded out.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Tyson foods is apparently firing Americans and hiring illegals at way lower wages to replace them and with government approval. Benefits include legal representation, health insurance, and time off for immigration hearing in the far distant future.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Tyson foods is apparently firing Americans and hiring illegals at way lower wages to replace them and with government approval. Benefits include legal representation, health insurance, and time off for immigration hearing in the far distant future.
    Source?

Pretty sure Tyson (or maybe another chicken processing company) has been raided multiple times and had the majority of their workforce detained (supposedly for deportation) at one of their plants. Want to say it was in Missouri , but not sure.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Probe for Tyson possibly violating child labor laws with immigrant children

This is the one I was thinking of in the last post. It was Koch plants in Mississippi, not Tyson in Missouri. Looks like a left wing source, but it’s what popped up.

Seems like the industry has a history of using illegal immigrants for cheap labor. No surprise the current admin would turn a blind eye.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom